collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap! All Finished!!  (Read 33083 times)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Ornament Swap!! Applications until November 21st!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
Oh I was hoping for an ornament swap! Sending my form in after I eat!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 08:47:25 PM »
Yeah Gem and Mari!

I just finished cleaning I will totally get my questions up after a quick shower. Eww dusting book shelves.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »
Yay, accepted!  Here's my info thread for my future partner ^_^

1. What colours do you prefer:
I prefer jewel tones and bright colors for my ornaments.  Sparkles are an added bonus.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?:
I am Christian, so I am not opposed to religious subjects.  I do like angels, Nativity scenes, etc.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

I like snowmen and the old, claymation Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer...snowflakes, toys, and anything really!

I also like pop culture ornaments - MLP, Barbie, Buffy, Monster High, Batman/girl, Harley Quinn, Disney, etc....I am easy to please, really, lol.

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

I'm a pretty big fan of candy.  Period.  I don't like hazlenut or ACTUAL coconut, but I love coconut flavor, lol.  Anything with mint chocolate or peanut butter is my favorite.  And sour gummy things.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
I love the idea of one amazing ornament.  I collect Hallmark Keepsake ornaments, so anything like that would also be fantastic. 

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?
I would be fine with glass, as long as it's packaged very well so that it makes it to me in one piece.

7. is there any customs issues that are relevent (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Not that I'm aware of.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 09:59:52 PM »
Hmmmmm, I mean I don't mind any colors really. My favorite colors are purple and green, but I'm pretty much open to a variety of things. 

This isn't particularly with color, but please nothing glittery. It makes a mess. One time I had a glittery ornament and then my poodle was walking around with glitter on his feet for ages. :lol:

No please, nothing religious related at all this being crosses, nativity scenes and angels ect. I would also (dunno if these exist or not) prefer not to have anything related to another religion either.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?
Oh gosh this is hard....
Alice in Wonderland (I have the current one from the Disney store with her in the bottle, just so people will not get confused on that), Nightmare Before Christmas, Star Wars, Gone with the Wind (I have most of those other than older ones which would be super expensive soo unless there is like just a cute picture one someone made ect), dog related ornaments (I have a poodle and a Schnauzer, but I collect all kinds. We used to buy ones from Petsmart to support shelters a lot), Breyer ornaments, horse related ones in general (typically paints and quarter horses)...and jeez I just like a lot of stuff it's hard to pick a few. We tend to get a lot of movie related ornaments, and I like action movies ect. I also really adore some Disney movies. I suppose if you get stuck could always ask questions in the thread.

I like some regular Christmas ones usually maybe santa, or The Grinch...I really do not like snowman ornaments though

4. What candy do you like or dislike?
peppermints! OMG I love them the most any time of year, but I have so much fun with them at Christmas. I do not like any weird flavored ones with like sourness or rainbow mixed flavors, cinnamon hurts my geographic tongue.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
I would prefer one nice ornament to a bunch of little ones. Typically in my family we all buy each other one ornament a year for Christmas typically Hallmark (I know most of those are a bit pricey for this swap just explaining what we do) based on somethign we really like. I know I've been given Gone with the Wind ornaments for like three years in a row. :lol:

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?
I will take a glass one, but I prefer not to have one. My dogs love to run around under the tree and sometimes ornaments fall off.

7. is there any customs issues that are relevent (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
Hmmm not that I know of

Formerly Maddie

Offline Shorelines

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 07:05:16 AM »
i wanna join, i will fill in the forms tomorrow :) i looove ornaments :D

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Ornament Swap!! Applications until November 21st!
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »
I have received a couple of applications, but the arena is wonking out on me, so I can't double check anyone's info.  I will get to it as soon as I can.  :)  I'm sure you are both fine to join though.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 11:05:54 AM »
interesting swap idea :)  Goodluck <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 12:02:35 PM »
No please, nothing religious related at all this being crosses, nativity scenes and angels ect. I would also (dunno if these exist or not) prefer not to have anything related to another religion either.

I meant to address this earlier.  Oops.

Anyways, yes there are other religious ornaments.  Remember there are a lot of different religious holidays this time of year.  I don't want anyone to feel they can't join because they celebrate something other than Christmas.  But also remember, a lot of the Christmas symbolism comes out of some pagan holidays like Winter Solstice and Yule. The tree, and ornaments themselves come out of that.  But things like reindeer, yule logs, etc, etc.  You may be happy to get them, but I know some people who are very anti that kind of thing.  Or you may be happy to get say as star ornament, when that comes out of the Christian following the star of David to Jesus, which in turn has the Star of David which is a symbol of Judaism.  So that's why I want you to be specific.  It's also why I hate the term, "Jesus is the reason for the season".  It really does ignore all the other traditions people celebrate this holiday for.  Jesus is ONE of the reasons for the season, Hanukkah is another, Yule is another, African American heritage, etc, etc. 

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 01:10:59 PM »
(I can't sent a message because of the arena issues going on DX)

Yay! I've been waiting to see this pop up, but didn't know where to look. :D Whenever I can message my form, definitely signing up for this!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 02:52:38 PM »
Oh I like bright happy colors!! Pinks, purple, reds ect...Glitter is a bonus!

Please nothing religious. Except for angels I love angels

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)? Well I have seen some gamer related ornaments recently like controler shaped ones ;_; so cute. we also love Star Wars, Transformers, Disney. My hubby LOVES crocodiles and alligators and yes I have found ornaments of them. I also love food shaped ornaments.

4. What candy do you like or dislike? I love gummy candy, chocolate of all kinds, coconut candy, pretty much any candy lol....Now my hubby loves black licorice so if you want to include some for him he would be oh so happy (I think the stuff is nasty)

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? Hmmm tough one. I will leave it up to my partner...maybe not one but a couple mid priced ones?

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? As long as they are packed safely.

Not that im aware of

-----------------------------

Other questions:

Assuming everyone in this thread loves MLP, who is your favorite pony? If you like something else like Monster High, same thing, but for which character/doll.
I love Monster High and I love them all!!!! My fav pony is Pinkie Pie.

What scents do you like?
Coconut lime, cotton candy, lavender. Not vanilla.

do you collect anything other than mlp?
Transformers, BB legos, Monster High, pokemon, yu-gi-oh, my hubby collects aligator and crocodile stuff.

What types of things do you like that could go with the extras portion of your gift? Do you like certain Christmas items? Other things you buy in our extras price range? Any extra things you just dislike?
 Anything is fine I love cute things and things that have to do with my collections ohhh and of course candy!!!!

Would you prefer Christmas related extras or pony stuff ect?
Both but I love christmas stuff.

When buying ornaments for yourself where do you prefer to shop?
I love any pretty ornaments, Target has some really adorable ones.

do you like vintage ornaments?
Oh I love them!!

This is a very specific question and it may give away the ornament, but would you be okay with a spider on an ornament?   A very pretty spider?
Yes I love spiders.

If you like G4, do you already own the ornament set that came out this year?
No I just have Pinkie pie

Does your tree have a specific theme/color that you'd like your swap box to stick to/around?
Nope

How you feel about a ornament which was unusual something you wouldnt think of being on a christmas tree?
I love out of ordinary

If you hate glitter, would you mind an ornament with glitter inside it (enclosed in a glass ball so you never touch the glitter)?
Do you mind ornaments lightly glittered but don't shed a lot?
I love glitter

How do you feel about handmade ornaments? Altered store-bought ornaments? Maybe a mixture of both (such as one store ornament and one handmade)?
Love them!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:43:45 PM by gemini_pony »

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »
Yay, just got accepted! :D This is for my future partner~

1. What colours do you prefer: Purples, blues, maroon/burgandy/darker reds, silver

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?: I love crosses and angels, but even though I'm Baptist...I really don't like manger scenes. :x

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?  We don't really have a tree at my house, but each of us have a tree at my grandmother's where we celebrate Christmas. My tree is peacock themed (purple, blue-green, silver/gold/white balls, and deep maroon), if that helps any. ^ ^ I also love birds, feathers, snow flakes, and prettily designed ball ornaments. I'm a great big nerd as well and have a small collection of Star Trek ornaments. Just wanted to add that I love music notes, butterflies, and sparkly things. :)

4. What candy do you like or dislike? I don't really like coconut, but I really like chocolate, minty things, and gummies. ^^

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? :D I would love a lot of little cheaper ornaments, actually, but I'll be happy with whatever my partner decides.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? Sure, as long as they are packed well. :)

7. is there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? Mm...none that I can tell. I'm in the states, so I guess just the normal things--no bottles with liquid, perishable items, ect.

I have a question, too. :) Assuming everyone in this thread loves MLP, who is your favorite pony? If you like something else like Monster High, same thing, but for which character/doll.  I like Glory and Moon Dancer. ^^
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:08:56 PM by keikokukien »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »
Made it to 150 and pm sent! :]

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »
Wow mkia9, I'm impressed!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »
Wow mkia9, I'm impressed!

It was actually fun! I took it as a challenge. And now I am having trouble stopping xD. I had to make myself get off to take care of some home things. But I was really getting into some of the conversations and posts on here! Haha xD

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 10:51:41 PM »

I meant to address this earlier.  Oops.

Anyways, yes there are other religious ornaments.  Remember there are a lot of different religious holidays this time of year.  I don't want anyone to feel they can't join because they celebrate something other than Christmas.  But also remember, a lot of the Christmas symbolism comes out of some pagan holidays like Winter Solstice and Yule. The tree, and ornaments themselves come out of that.  But things like reindeer, yule logs, etc, etc.  You may be happy to get them, but I know some people who are very anti that kind of thing.  Or you may be happy to get say as star ornament, when that comes out of the Christian following the star of David to Jesus, which in turn has the Star of David which is a symbol of Judaism.  So that's why I want you to be specific.  It's also why I hate the term, "Jesus is the reason for the season".  It really does ignore all the other traditions people celebrate this holiday for.  Jesus is ONE of the reasons for the season, Hanukkah is another, Yule is another, African American heritage, etc, etc.
True, sometimes I forget about the symbolic nature and meaning of the variety of Christmas symbols. Either way though I tried to add things that did not fall into a gray area. It's funny but thinking about it I do not believe we had anything on our tree that is religion related. Almost everything is like a character or a dog ornament or Alice stuff....lots of dog ornaments.  :lookround: :lookround:

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal