collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The 6th Annual Southeast Pony Meet 2016!! (Atlanta, GA)  (Read 20238 times)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
The 6th Annual Southeast Pony Meet 2016!! (Atlanta, GA)
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:14:55 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello all my lovely fellow pony enthusiasts! I am proud to announce the SIXTH year of the Southeast Pony Meet! I can't believe it's been 6 years since I began hosting this meet in 2011. It gets better and better with each passing year and I have no doubts it will experience the same growth this year! I hope to see new people as well as good friends! This meet is for all pony lovers and collectors alike :heart: There is no discrimination of generations.

DATE
September 24th at 12PM
Doors open to those with tables at 11 AM

WHERE
!!UPDATE!!

There has been a change in venue due to the coordinator of the clubhouse waiting until just yesterday to let me know it will be closed for renovations. The meet will now be held in a showroom in downtown Atlanta, GA, and I will provide the address soon. The timeline has also changed a bit, so please see below.

Address
1610 Southland Cir. NW
Atlanta, GA 30318

Guy Gunter Home is located in downtown Atlanta and has plenty of available parking spaces.  If you would like to see pictures of the showroom, you can visit their website. The set up will be quite different than it has been in the clubhouse, however I am going to make it work! Since it is in downtown Atlanta, there are plenty of hotels, and fun activities to do outside of the meet if anyone driving far wants to make a weekend of it! This includes the Aquarium, Coca-Cola Factory, the Atlanta Zoo, the Botanical Gardens, as well as tons of amazing restaurants :heart:

HOW IT WORKS
While this meet began with me paying for the clubhouse out of pocket, the past couple of years we have been able to raise enough money through raffles to cover the cost of the clubhouse! This means there is no entry or table fee! All I ask is that if you can spare anything, to donate some kind of prize for the raffles to help raise money for next year :heart:

When time gets closer I will be taking RSVPs and please, I BEG, if you RSVP please be certain that you can go, especially if you reserve any tables! I have had people RSVP in the past, and then don't show up without a word or let me know the day of that they cannot come. I understand things happen, but if it can be avoided please let me know in advance! :)  Walk ins are more than welcome as well, but I cannot guarantee we will be able to get food for you. However, there are plenty of fast food places and other restaurants around if we can't!

SCHEDULE

11am-12pm: Set up
11am: Suggested time you arrive if you have a table to set up
12:00am: Doors open!
12:00pm-12:45pm: Meet and Greet- Introduction Circle
12:45am-7pm: Selling/Buying/Trading!
5pm: Dinner: Chikfila
6pm-7pm: Games and Mascot Contest Voting
7pm: Raffle Ticker Purchasing and Draws
7:45pm: Start packing up and last call on sales/trading
8pm: Clean up

HOW TO RSVP- DEADLINE SEPT, 17TH

Spoiler
Email me at [email protected] with "RSVP" somewhere in the title with the following questions answered.

Name:
Arena Name(optional):
Number of Tables:
Number of people coming with you:
What will you be bringing?
Are you bringing any raffle prizes? If so, what?
Will you be eating with us(please bring $5 for food if so)?

Table Count
Claimed: 22 (6 for raffles and lunch tables)
Remaining: NONE
Total Head Count: 41
Eating: 38

Received
MonstarNomNom +2- 1/2 table
UroCyonFox +1 - 1 table
Maddie +1 - 1 table
Kitastrophe - 1 table
apanda0622 +1- 1/2 table
ringwraith10 - 1 table
Roogna - 1 table
Iris Patch - 1 table
Mana_Mihara - 1/2 table
Mary Cahela +1
Eternia - 1 table
ponygrl07 - 1 table
brightglowpony - 1/2 table
retrogradenova +1 - 1 table
Nurse Crystal +1 - 1/2 table
Clipper +1 - 1 table
Tiella
zombienixon
CapnChan - 2 tables
Miranda +1 Adult +1 Child - 1 table
Trisha +1 - 1/2 table
lilmisscupcake83
meditatingrose
KCherry - 1 table
Jennifer +1

ACTIVITIES
Activities will be decided as time goes on! We had some amazing games last year with much thanks to UroCyonFox! Please throw suggestions out for anything you might think would be fun or if you want to provide any kind of activity.

Potential Activities: Give me your input! :)
-Panels-
I received a couple requests for this one in the past! We have talked about doing these past years, however never got around to it. Does anyone have anything they would like to learn about? I could perhaps do another How to Perfume Puff/Rehair panel if there is interest, but that is the only expertise I could provide!

Confirmed Activities
 -Trading/Selling/Buying of ponies-
Feel free to also bring other fun items as well ^^ Just make sure it is primarily pony :heart:
-Pony Trivia-
Eternia will be hosting this year!
-Contest for the Official SEPM Mascot-
I have decided to hold a contest this year for the Southeast Pony Meet Mascot! I think it would be amazing for the meet to have one, and what better way to have one made than by all you! I will be printing out pony outlines and you can color and design on them for what you think will be a great mascot. We will then hold a vote and the winner's mascot will become the face for our beloved meet :heart: Winner will also receive a $20 eBay gift card! This will be an all day thing where everybody can just create in between any break times and turn them in whenever they finish and a vote will be held for the winner at the end of the day.

DONATIONS/RAFFLES
Last year, donations were given through the purchase of extra raffle tickets for all the goodies attendees brought! All of these proceeds go to the next year's pony meet so I can buy fun stuff like game prizes, raffle prizes, and, most importantly,  pays for the venue! If anyone could bring any kind of raffle prizes that would be amazing! Let me know if you would like to donate one :heart: We will have a big table set out for raffle prizes and I will start a list of prizes to be donated for the raffle. Message me here if you would like to donate! I will love you forever if you do :heart:

Ticket Info
**Everyone gets 5 free tickets just for coming!**
Every additional tickets costs $1

Raffle Prizes
Vintage MLP Duffle Bag
Vintage MLP Purse
MonstarNomNom- G4 Friendship is Magic Molded Exclusive set, vintage MLP thermos, Framed MLP Tales cell
apanda0622 - UK Romance Pony Love Letter
UroCyonFox - Original Artwork
Maddie - Custom Plushie
Kitastrophe - TBD
Roogna - Bag of Assorted Doll Planet hair
brightglowpony - UK Princess Sparkle
Iris Patch - Custom Plush
Mana_Mihara - G4 brushables
ponygrl07 - TBD
retrogradenova - G4 Gift Basket
Nurse Crystal - G1 Pony
Clipper - Genie Unicorn Print
zombienixon - G4 glasses
CapnChan - 2 MLP ornaments, Moondancer Painting
Miranda - TBD
Trisha- Vintage G1 Zipper Bag

WHAT TO BRING
Here is a small list I came up with and feel free to bring whatever you want! This is just a rough list and I may add things as I think of them. By no means do you have to bring everything listed! These are more suggestions than anything. ;)

Ponies for sale/trade
Money for food
Raffle donations
Forks, spoons, plates, or napkins
Drinks such as juice, soda, water, etc
Snacks
Any fun crafts you might want to do
Pieces to share or show off!

WHO IS BRINGING WHAT
Here is a list of things others will be bringing so we all have an idea of what we still need! We need drinks and snacks like chips or candies if anyone wants those :) Veggie/fruit platters are always a hit too!

Food
CapnChan - Pigs in a blanket

Snacks-Crunchy
Chips and Dip - ringwraith10
Gluten Free Snack- ManaMihara
TBD Snack - Mary Cahela
Chips - zombienixon

Snacks- Healthy
Veggie Platter - Alissa
Spinach Dip and/or Hummus- Danielle
TBD Snack - Clipper
Apple and Cheese Tray - Andrea

Desserts
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies - Andrea
Unicorn Poops - Lauren
Cupcakes - CapnChan
Fudge - Miranda Clemmer
Cupcakes(Maybe) - Samantha Vineyard

Drinks
Drink Variety(Specialty Sodas, juice and/or tea) - Nurse_Crystal
Soda - zombienixon
Soda Liters (2-3) - Kristen McMurray
Water Case - Jessica Bush
Gatorade and Water Case - Johanna Lambert
Arizona Sweet Tea  - Alicia
Water - Samantha Vinyard

Misc
Table Cloths(Limited) - MonstarNomNom
Back-up Table - MonstarNomNom
Back-up Table - Andrea
Back-Up Table - Clipper
Napkins, Plates & Plasticware - Eternia
Pony Color Pages for Mascot Contest - ringwraith10
Trivia and Prizes - Eternia

DINNER
 I have decided to order Chikfila catering for food this year. We sadly cannot cater to all food allergies, so be sure to bring some things you can eat just in case we don't have anything :) We have quite a large variety of food sensitivities in our small group so finding food that everyone can eat is quite the challenge :silly:

If you want to eat Chikfila with us for dinner, please plan to bring $5(for each person if you will have guests with you) to help pay for it. Additionally, please let me know in advance when you RSVP if you will be eating with us since I will be ordering this beforehand so I know how much food to get. Thanks!

CHILDREN
I realize the subject of children is a picky one as some people are comfortable having them around while others are not. I, myself, am more than okay with children! If you need/want to bring a child along please make sure you let me know when you RSVP and let everyone else know by posting here or on Facebook. If we do have kids along I can assure you I will think of some fun things to keep them entertained, but please make sure they are watched at all times to respect others' wishes. I know a lot of people don't want kids running around and getting into things they shouldn't, especially if it's their collections and things they hold near and dear. Thank you so much in advance for your understanding!

FACEBOOK
The SEPM has its own group and please feel free to join it! There are lots of pictures from the past years so you can get a feel for what it is like and lots of updates and chit chat!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/326744247350358/

And here is a link directly to the pictures so you can check out past years!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/326744247350358/photos/

And that about concludes the thread for now! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let me know! I will add more/make changes to this post and I will let you all know of any updates!  :biggrin: I look forward to hearing from all of you and I can't wait!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:42:36 AM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: The 6th Annual Southeast Pony Meet 2016!! (Lawrenceville, GA)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 08:42:02 AM »
yay! I hope to be there this year!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »
Always excited for the meet! I'll know a bit closer to what all I'll be bringing, etc.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:08:35 AM »
heh, trivia was sooooo long last year I apologize for that! I did not expect it to take as long as it did. It was still fun though. I am looking into maybe doing a smaller/easier version of it again if I'm able to go. ohhh wait just saw where Eternia will be doing trivia this year! Cool!

I do have a question MNN, can we do like an official everyone stand at their table and say their name kind of thing for the introduction thing this year? (maybe we did it last year and I was occupied with setting up trivia) but I always forget who's table is who's!

Another bit of news: We got a panda express here!! *faints* For those of you who don't know, PE is like my my hubby and my favorite place to eat and forever we didn't have one near us but there IS one near the pony meet. I always ended up leaving around lunch at the pony meet to go stuff my face but now that we have one local I don't have the insane cravings and can totally stay and eat with everyone. :p and y'all can watch me stuff my face there! ha ha

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:19:49 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 11:34:48 AM »
UroCyonFox: No it was so fun! It was hilarious how much I did not know. I was so embarrassed! xDD But she offered to host since she has won both times we've done trivia. :silly:

And totally! :) We can definitely work a little introduction circle at the beginning. I also still have the signs you so sweetly printed for everyone to write their names on to put up on their tables. So we can use those again! And congrats on a getting a PE! :frolic: Will be super happy to have you join us for lunch :D

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 01:08:16 PM »
UroCyonFox: No it was so fun! It was hilarious how much I did not know. I was so embarrassed! xDD But she offered to host since she has won both times we've done trivia. :silly:

And totally! :) We can definitely work a little introduction circle at the beginning. I also still have the signs you so sweetly printed for everyone to write their names on to put up on their tables. So we can use those again! And congrats on a getting a PE! :frolic: Will be super happy to have you join us for lunch :D

Thats because Eternia is the pony champ!!!

@Eternia - I still have tons of pencils and cut paper for answers if you want me to bring them!

Hmmm I will have to think of some other activities and see if there is anything that I can come up with. ooooo maybe a scavenger hunt! Like 'find a pony with brown eyes' and you have to write which pony it was and who's booth!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:18:25 PM »
Oh that would be such a fun idea!! And it can be timed so we don't take forever !:silly:

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 01:42:30 PM »
I can't believe its been 6 years!  Of course I would not miss this one! :)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 06:16:14 AM »
Apanda0622- I know!!! I am so so happy I started it. It's definitely one of the highlights of my year!

Also, I did want to note that I have decided not to host an official dinner this year. Anything food related for our small group is so so difficult, and I just think it's best this way. Although if there is a group that decides they want to go somewhere after the meet and you can find a restaurant everyone agrees on, I would definitely be more than willing to go :)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
Sooooooooooo I recently got a laminating machine and have been dying to use it. I would totally love to make ID badges this year if thats cool. I could do a generic one and then if people RSVP and want a specific pony/OC/ponysona that could be fun!

@MNN send me a picture/link of your ponysona and I can start on your name badge since its 100% that you'll be there :p

I also laughed at the panel board idea because I use to do reptile educational programs for kids so I immeadetly though of doing a snake program with them slithering around on a table of ponies ha ha I don't really have any other 'skills' I can 'teach'
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:55:56 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 11:15:52 AM »
Omg, UroCyonFox! That is so so sweet of you to offer to do that! I was just thinking yesterday about what I wanted to do for name tags. Haha We just need a SEPM mascot we can use! I don't want you to overload yourself making individual badges for everyone :)

Oh!! I just had an idea!! What if we had a contest this year for the design of the official SEPM mascot? Maybe I could print out simple pony color book esque outline and people can draw and color their design onto them? That would be so fun!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »
Omg, UroCyonFox! That is so so sweet of you to offer to do that! I was just thinking yesterday about what I wanted to do for name tags. Haha We just need a SEPM mascot we can use! I don't want you to overload yourself making individual badges for everyone :)

Oh!! I just had an idea!! What if we had a contest this year for the design of the official SEPM mascot? Maybe I could print out simple pony color book esque outline and people can draw and color their design onto them? That would be so fun!

I LOVE IT! I totally think you should print sheets and have everyone come up with designs!! Then the pony that we create be the mascot! <3

I don't think I will get burnt out, especially if I start this early and the people who are working/100% going to be there get custom badges. People who are on the fence would get a generic 'write your name here' kind of badge

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 08:59:32 AM »
Awesome! I am totally going to do it! I have added the contest to the official activities list. Now to figure out a prize!  :frolic:

I will have to let everyone on FB know you are making badges as well. And let me know a cut off date to get one if it's custom so I can add it to the main post. :) Thank you, sweetie! You are amazing!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 08:45:11 PM »
I'm so excited that we will be coming this year! It will be a long drive, but it's been like what two years I've attempted and haven't yet? Lol the talk of snakes makes me think of how amusing it would be to bring Nevada decked out in her unicorn wear. The biggest "MLP" of them all. :P
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 07:28:55 AM »
I'm so excited that we will be coming this year! It will be a long drive, but it's been like what two years I've attempted and haven't yet? Lol the talk of snakes makes me think of how amusing it would be to bring Nevada decked out in her unicorn wear. The biggest "MLP" of them all. :P

You will by far be winning the Farthest Travel award! :silly: Oh how I wish I could meet your sweet baby so badly! She looks so precious :)

I have already received a couple RSVP's and have begun updating everything in the OP :) Let me know if have any fun ideas! The raffle prize table already seems like it's going to have some amazing stuff again this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal