collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disintegrating Hair Syndrome  (Read 4611 times)

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
Re: Disintegrating Hair Syndrome
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2023, 04:41:54 AM »
Im a bit concerned about my misty blue because she was from a discount set this is a bit disappointing to hear about because I was thinking about getting more g3s and a lot of the ones I want are on that list I will definitely move my g3s out of the window when I get home
long live chrysalis

Offline kid80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2024, 08:19:01 PM »
Jumping in to commiserate on disintegrating polypropylene hair on HQG1C ponies. :( Sadly this has happened to essentially every one of my curly-haired HQG1C's. I've tried deep conditioning and flat ironing, but it is very laborious and it barely helps. I also suspect any improvement only lasts until the hair is slightly moved. The ponies I have that are afflicted are
- Jolly Dasher/Jolly Treats
- True Blue (Alternate Hair)
- all 4 Sweet Treat Sisters
- Blue Baby Tipper
- Green Baby Tipper
- Yellow Baby Tipper
- Glitter Wishes
- Lucky Star
- Flow
- Pizzaz

I also have Trick-Or-Treat , Star Spangled, Moonglow and Moonlight, but I'm terrified to touch their hair for fear the frenzied frizz fiasco will overtake them as well.

I've also noticed that the mane of Baby Emerald/Aqua, although not curly, is a very strange texture. It's different from her tail, and it's different from Baby Marigold's mane and tail too.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2024, 01:29:09 PM »
Beyond disheartened to hear HQG1Cs are being made with this hair. ;_; Especially the boys... Oh man, I really wanted Trick or Treat too, but now I'm worried I'll just be setting myself up for eventual heartbreak :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 03:42:14 PM »
Updates including Lily Lightly, Comet Tail, some G4 McDonald's,  and Twinkle Bloom. Ugh I was really hoping it wouldn't hit any of the ponies I own.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:49:31 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: Today at 12:52:48 AM »
I'm wondering how we figure out which ponies sold over here were made with poly and which were not (basically I can't get at 90% of my G3 at the moment, so I can't just go through and do the hair wash test, not that I'm brave enough to do it!) Some of my G3 also did come from the States so I don't know if they were in bonus packs or if they weren't. I can't remember if I had Petal Blossom and Rainbow Flash with the babies or the babies separately...but all those ponies are currently wrapped up in acid free tissue and stored away.

I've never had the Avon ponies but I also remember them being the first and it was a long time ago they were flagged. But I hadn't realised so many that I consider regular release ponies here may have had bonus releases over there...

I have December Poinsettia in box and I intend to keep her there...but it is making me hesitate about wanting to acquire any more of that set if they might be at risk down the line. They are a bit expensive.

The only pony right now that I know has this issue is actually a G1 Butterscotch, probably a Mail Order though I am not 100%...whose hair was full of conditioner and so dried up and is now so delicate I cannot brush her, or even put her in the cupboard. She's lived by my sink for the last decade or so. Since I am presuming G1 Butterscotch had nylon hair, I'm wondering whether products used on ponies has had any impact on hair breakage (speeding it up) in G3.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Today at 07:09:49 AM »
I'm wondering how we figure out which ponies sold over here were made with poly and which were not (basically I can't get at 90% of my G3 at the moment, so I can't just go through and do the hair wash test, not that I'm brave enough to do it!) Some of my G3 also did come from the States so I don't know if they were in bonus packs or if they weren't. I can't remember if I had Petal Blossom and Rainbow Flash with the babies or the babies separately...but all those ponies are currently wrapped up in acid free tissue and stored away.

I've never had the Avon ponies but I also remember them being the first and it was a long time ago they were flagged. But I hadn't realised so many that I consider regular release ponies here may have had bonus releases over there...

I have December Poinsettia in box and I intend to keep her there...but it is making me hesitate about wanting to acquire any more of that set if they might be at risk down the line. They are a bit expensive.

The only pony right now that I know has this issue is actually a G1 Butterscotch, probably a Mail Order though I am not 100%...whose hair was full of conditioner and so dried up and is now so delicate I cannot brush her, or even put her in the cupboard. She's lived by my sink for the last decade or so. Since I am presuming G1 Butterscotch had nylon hair, I'm wondering whether products used on ponies has had any impact on hair breakage (speeding it up) in G3.
Lady Moondancer mentioned earlier in the thread that if the hair soaks up water, it's nylon. If it doesn't, it's polypropylene.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:43:44 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Today at 07:58:49 AM »
Can someone add a list for color match to quality replacement hair?
I would be interested in replacing the hair on any of my damaged ponies if there is a good replacement option.
~*Ponies for Sale*~
Sales Link - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397254.0.htmll
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Today at 08:06:21 AM »
Awww man, not more additions to the list :sad: Every time this thread gets bumped up I hope it's because someone's found a fix for it or something :(

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:22:20 AM »

Lady Moondancer mentioned earlier in the thread that if the hair soaks up water, it's neon. If it doesn't, it's polypropylene.

Yeah...but they're in boxes in the attic, so that's not a test I can really run rn ;)

I did go through my doubles box today and gave each of the pink sections a little tug, everyone's fine right now.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Today at 11:42:51 AM »

Lady Moondancer mentioned earlier in the thread that if the hair soaks up water, it's neon. If it doesn't, it's polypropylene.

Yeah...but they're in boxes in the attic, so that's not a test I can really run rn ;)

I did go through my doubles box today and gave each of the pink sections a little tug, everyone's fine right now.

That's good to know

Post Merge: Today at 11:45:49 AM

Awww man, not more additions to the list :sad: Every time this thread gets bumped up I hope it's because someone's found a fix for it or something :(

At least there's rehairing 
« Last Edit: Today at 11:45:49 AM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal