collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there a TAF Fifi with green bows?  (Read 3385 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Is there a TAF Fifi with green bows?
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »
I see this pony mentioned once in a while, but I can't figure out if she's real.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Is there a TAF Fifi with green bows?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:12:42 PM »
Her bow-symbols can fade to a bluish color, that's probably what you're thinking of.  However, they were not originally painted on like that.

What happens is the red pigment leeches out of the pink paint, leaving behind the other tint in the paint, which is bluish.   It can also happen with Peachy, Baby Crumpet, Scoops, etc . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
Yes as LadyM says shes another one of the poor ponies affected by that nasty pink/red pigment issue...

Although sometimes I kind of like the colour change...especially on Baby Crumpet
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »
I'm curious about this too.  There is one on eBay at the moment.  The green bows are definitely not a result of fading, they are dark green in colour. 

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »
It's hard to see as it's blurry, but it looks as though it has been sealed as it is very shiny. I find it odd that the seller is new.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »
I'm curious about this too.  There is one on eBay at the moment.  The green bows are definitely not a result of fading, they are dark green in colour. 

Yeah...this one has me befuddled...I spotted her a day or 2 ago...I think we ll have to hope for a community member wins her. Its an interesting one...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 12:48:15 AM »
I could have sworn I remember seeing someone offer a custom of the "rare Fifi version with green bows" or something like that a few months ago.  That was the first I had heard of her.  The description made it sound like it was a custom of some rare variant, if I remember correctly.  Then this one popped up on Ebay a few days ago.  Not sure what to think.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 06:14:43 AM »
Looks like a custom to me. The one near her tail looks really shiny.

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 06:31:59 AM »
I could have sworn I remember seeing someone offer a custom of the "rare Fifi version with green bows" or something like that a few months ago.  That was the first I had heard of her.  The description made it sound like it was a custom of some rare variant, if I remember correctly.  Then this one popped up on Ebay a few days ago.  Not sure what to think.

This sounds vaguely familiar to me too, think I remember a custom being offered somewhere with dark green bows...
I have a feeling this seller is the same one people have been talking about in trader support for some time, they have multiple ID's and change them alot, see the thread about rossjarrett.
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »
Oooooohhhhhhh, that seller.   :huh:  Meh, I wouldn't trust her descriptions, especially not with a "rare variant."

I did buy a SS Buttons from her a while ago before I realized that she had just changed her ID again.  The pony was described as mint and wasn't, but was still very good for a SS.  I wasn't thrilled, but wasn't hugely disappointed either.  But, yeah, if it's the same seller, she's well-known for hiding flaws and making ponies sound better than they are.

I'm glad that green bow Fifi custom rings a bell with you too, willa.  Can anyone find that post?  I'm pretty sure I saw it here and not on Ebay; could maybe have been on the TP too.  I searched, but didn't come up with anything.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »
Okay, I found the picture on eBay . . . Hmmm! 

Either a prototype or a custom, IMO.  I am leaning towards a custom because the paint just looks "off".  I don't think there's any actual mass produced green-bowed Fifi like there is a Yellow Moondancer, though.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 02:23:30 PM »
Glad to find this thread! I just posted about this in TS.... here is a link tot he custom sold recently - this seller hasn't even bothered to remove the ribbon in the tail before trying to resell as an original from their childhood - dumb and very shady!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G1-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-TAF-Fifi-Custom-Green-Motifs-/150831060174?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item231e3b54ce#ht_4808wt_1034

and here is my thread in TS

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,302756.0.html

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys
Check out my web store: https://www.gaspodesponies.com

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
That definitely looks like a custom to me...the paint on the symbols is way too shiny not to be.

I didn't realize before reading this thread that Fifi is supposed to have pink bows though...every one that I've had pass through my hands has had blue bows, and I think she's pretty that way!

Offline paradise-estate

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I Heart G1 Ponehs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »
Yep its a custom. That same pony I've seen about three weeks ago said in her title that she was a custom fifi. Not a variant. But now it says variant? sneaky! Please don't buy her as a variant guys! Besides, I always thought the bows looked really weird.

** COLLECTING G1 PONIES FOR MY HERD :D THE MORE THE MERRIER!**
My WANT LIST*~* My gallery of adoptables I've drawn!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
Wow, trolls on ebay buying customs and trying to pass them off as rare variants when they resell them? Will wonders never cease...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal