collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My first completed deflock (#SaveTheG1s)  (Read 3803 times)

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My first completed deflock (#SaveTheG1s)
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2016, 09:41:32 AM »
I like deflocks of ponies Hasbro didn't make in the regular form. Last year I picked up two abused SS ponies from ponycon, Twilight and Hippety Hop, and thanks to the hard work of Artie here, they are now stunning deflocks. She also finished off a Best Wishes who was really bald and she looks amazing too. The only other proper deflock I have is Ribbon, and to me she's the proper Ribbon that ought to have been released in the UK but for some reason wasn't (even though she is in backcard stories). She matches baby Ribbon perfectly that way.

I am more iffy about deflocking ponies that have almost identical regular counterparts (Truly and Cupcake especially) because of the risk of confusion. But there are a lot of SS ponies for which those counterparts don't exist, or exist in a different form, and with them? If they're beat up and worn, deflocking seems a smart thing to do.

so at Ponycon, do they sell cheap baits? i am hopefully going next year, and it would be nice to know what they sell in terms of G1's.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 09:06:27 AM »
She looks great, even better deflocked I think :) Never knew it was so easy to do. Now I'm tempted to deflock some of my bad thrift flocked ponies XD

It's generally nowhere near that easy!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

RainbowQuartz

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 05:24:39 PM »
She looks great, even better deflocked I think :) Never knew it was so easy to do. Now I'm tempted to deflock some of my bad thrift flocked ponies XD

Magic Star is not the norm. The other ponies I've been deflocking are way WAY more involved.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »

Magic Star is not the norm. The other ponies I've been deflocking are way WAY more involved.

I think it just depends on how much the glue has aged, although my Magic Star was easy too  :)

I'm having terrible trouble with Loftys.  I've had one Hippety Hop that was easy and one that was really awful!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 10:05:02 AM »
She looks amazing. I have a SS Gusty that is a bit of a mess. I would like to try and deflock her someday.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2016, 11:09:44 AM »

I think it just depends on how much the glue has aged, although my Magic Star was easy too  :)

I'm having terrible trouble with Loftys.  I've had one Hippety Hop that was easy and one that was really awful!

Do you deflock all your SS ponies?

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2016, 11:19:02 AM »

Do you deflock all your SS ponies?
I know I do mine. I haven't had one yet that the flocking was good enough to keep. Most the flocking was half rubbed off anyway. I also agree it varies so much. I had s few it came right off and then others it had to attack it. I love customs and doing rehairs. Most of my herd are rehairs. I know it's not for everyone but also don't care since they are mine. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2016, 12:31:46 PM »
I have only ever bought flocked ponies that I thought were de-flocking candidates. I don't really like flocked ponies enough to collect them since I'm short of space and only collect certain sets. I bought a lot of good candidates, mostly with eye or symbol rubs or hair cuts as well. The first Lofty I bought wasn't bad enough sadly so I sold her on. The other two I bought have significant flocking loss but I dont know how because the remaining flocking is stuck like concrete. I think they might have been boiled but im not sure. Luckily I have a Ribbon waiting and her flocking is just falling off. Otherwise she is perfect :)

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »
Yeah it's not always the best to deflock a pony that is perfectly fine, it decreases the value

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 01:10:31 PM »
Yeah it's not always the best to deflock a pony that is perfectly fine, it decreases the value

I agree, I think it's best to leave them in the original condition unless they look really awful. With just a bit of loss they can still look quite sweet :)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2016, 04:35:50 AM »
There's plenty of poor-to-terrible flocking So-Softs to go around.  I rather doubt anyone's sitting in their bathroom/kitchen boiling the fluff off of otherwise minty ponies, given the fact you can very easily sell a nice one and get enough to buy a basketful of poor condition deflock candidates. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal