collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My first completed deflock (#SaveTheG1s)  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My first completed deflock (#SaveTheG1s)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 12:29:18 AM »
I agree that they should have made the deflocked ponies they did with flocking. The first one I got was Ribbon since she wasn't deflocked. And I had in mind to keep her like that since I though it would be difficult to deflock her. Then I tried and from then on I looove deflocking them, but I only buy ponies which deflocked version doesn't exist... as for Cupcake I wish one day I will find the nss version. So my last deflock would be Twilight...
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 03:37:25 AM »
I love how the deflocking makes them look brand new. But I also feel a bit double about it. If the flocking isn't too badly damaged, I would never deflock a SS Pony. Mainly because that is not the way they were meant to be.

I feel the same about custom G1's. Ok...it's great and all. But if more andmore people will keep doing it. Then there will be no original G1's left. Unless the G1 is in such a poor or bad condition. I have no problems with it.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Khayman81

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 05:02:35 AM »
This is why I only customize ponies that would not stand well because they were to poor. For me is like giving them a second chance to shine.
My wish list
My sales

RainbowQuartz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 04:05:36 PM »
Custom G1s make me sad. I know it's a personal preference, and I'd never attack a customizer for customizing one, but the numbers are dwindling and I just feel like the g1s out there now should remain the ponies they were meant to be.

If I could find flocking that looked like original flocking I'd totally re-flock ponies. I completely agree that they should not be deflocked unless their flocking is absolutely destroyed.

Post Merge: October 29, 2016, 04:09:16 PM

Another reason I love the new G1 molded fakies like Genie. People can customize on a G1 style canvas without sacrificing any actual G1s.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 04:09:16 PM by RainbowQuartz »

theamazingfetus

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »
I loooooove so-soft ponies however, it is SO HARD to them in decent condition... I'd rather have a deflocked pony who is so cute than a pony with crappy flocking, you know. I'm lucky enough to have purchased a good quality magic star years ago, but for collectors who can only find her with flocking in rather sad condition, de-flocking is a way to give the pony a ne life. Your magic star looks adorable!!!

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »
Glad I am not the only one who feels a bit sad about customizing G1's.

I just hope it is not done too much. Same goes for rehairs...and I mean rehair that makes the pony look completely different then what she should look like. I really don't like it. People who rehaur Ponies to look completly different and then try to sell them...To me it is just weird to see a pony like for example Big Brother Steamer with neon green hair, twice the lenght that it should be with weird curls. It is just not appealing to many people. Just leave the poor Pony be!!!!!

I have nothing against a professional looking rehair that actually uses the same hair as the original. In order to restore her natural looks.

Not trying to restrict people from being creative. I just don't like to mess with the originality of Ponies. Hence I am a picky collector. Especially when it comes to flocking or hair.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Cough Sirup

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • (ಥᴗಥ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2016, 06:04:31 PM »
I agree with the customizing! It makes me really sad to see ponies that can be saved turned into something else.

I felt really guilty deflocking my Magic Star but she was pretty smoozed and it was necessary. I want to try giving her new flock if I can since I want to restore her to her former glory.
Formerly BlueCandyCat

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Witch for my sig!

Offline PetSounds

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 06:23:07 PM »

I just hope it is not done too much. Same goes for rehairs...and I mean rehair that makes the pony look completely different then what she should look like. I really don't like it. People who rehaur Ponies to look completly different and then try to sell them...To me it is just weird to see a pony like for example Big Brother Steamer with neon green hair, twice the lenght that it should be with weird curls. It is just not appealing to many people. Just leave the poor Pony be!!!!!

I have nothing against a professional looking rehair that actually uses the same hair as the original. In order to restore her natural looks.

Not trying to restrict people from being creative. I just don't like to mess with the originality of Ponies. Hence I am a picky collector. Especially when it comes to flocking or hair.

The Magic Star looks great! Good job!

I got a lot of So-softs recently, a Shady and North Star in very poor condition. Shady is almost done, and North Star is coming along. I already had duplicates of these ponies so I went for it. poor North Star was filthy - and her flocking was coming off.

I'm in this boat too w Pierlala.... I just ordered a big order from DollyHair to fix some ponies I got -- a flat foot Blossom w no tail and a bad haircut, several baby ponies with no tails or cut trails... their bodies are completely fine, but the hair is gone to the point I can't live with it. I guess my passion is restoring.

But, I do have some true bait ponies in my stash right now. A horribly pin-dotted newborn twin with giant chunks of its face missing, a Cloud Puff with a bad haircut and awful regrind........still on the fence as to what to do with these. But I guess I'll decide once I finish up the first round of restorations.
"I guess I just wasn't made for these times..."   - Pet Sounds

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 04:58:08 AM »
I have personally vowed never to customize a G1 pony, as I love the challenge that restoration poses and agree that they are a dwindling resource... I actually need to deflock my only SS pony though, Taffy's flocking is horribly rubbed, yellowed and she has a strange mark (maybe a cigarette burn?) on one side that I can't get round to tryin to remove until her flocking is out of the way... Anyone know how easy she is to deflock?, I could really use some pointers  ^.^
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 05:04:00 AM »
I always think flocked ponies were made with two lives (like cats have 6? xD) just cause once their flocking gets all gnarly, you can strip it off of them and they look like a brand spanking new pony right out of the box!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Khayman81

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 05:18:11 AM »
I always think flocked ponies were made with two lives (like cats have 6? xD) just cause once their flocking gets all gnarly, you can strip it off of them and they look like a brand spanking new pony right out of the box!
Exactly! I feel the same, they have a new chance, as for bait ponies that can become another one after customization or restoration.
My wish list
My sales

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 06:57:57 PM »
She looks amazing, and so much happier now without all that patchy flocking! I'd love to try reflocking as well some day, but for now, I feel like deflocking is the way to go on some of these poor girls.  ^.^

Spoiler

The Magic Star looks great! Good job!

I got a lot of So-softs recently, a Shady and North Star in very poor condition. Shady is almost done, and North Star is coming along. I already had duplicates of these ponies so I went for it. poor North Star was filthy - and her flocking was coming off.

I'm in this boat too w Pierlala.... I just ordered a big order from DollyHair to fix some ponies I got -- a flat foot Blossom w no tail and a bad haircut, several baby ponies with no tails or cut trails... their bodies are completely fine, but the hair is gone to the point I can't live with it. I guess my passion is restoring.

But, I do have some true bait ponies in my stash right now. A horribly pin-dotted newborn twin with giant chunks of its face missing, a Cloud Puff with a bad haircut and awful regrind........still on the fence as to what to do with these. But I guess I'll decide once I finish up the first round of restorations.

I've seen some amazing restorations people have done with sculpting missing chunks! That's always an option, certainly, even if you have to send the pony to someone else for the actual scuplting/painting parts haha.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

RainbowQuartz

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2016, 09:25:01 AM »
She looks amazing, and so much happier now without all that patchy flocking! I'd love to try reflocking as well some day, but for now, I feel like deflocking is the way to go on some of these poor girls.  ^.^

We should try it sometime when you're visiting. Even if the flocking isn't exact, it'd be worth a try to get them close to their original states. You know how I feel about restoration. lol

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 01:18:43 AM »
Looks nice :) Great job :)

I don't mind deflocking as long as the ponys flock is in bad shape ;) Deflocked ponies look cute too :P

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 12:24:31 AM »
Magic Star looks great!  I would only ever deflock (and have deflocked) ponies that desperately need it.  Otherwise, the flocking stays on!  I've deflocked my childhood Best Wishes, for example, because there was no saving her otherwise (her flocking looked TERRIBLE, it was stained and had bald patches)  Now she looks a whole new pony!  I got a minty flocked one to go with her :lovey:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:27:09 AM by princessluna11706 »

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal