collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No more Disney Infinity (ending in June)  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
No more Disney Infinity (ending in June)
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:55:18 AM »
I just found out that Disney Infinity will stop producing new characters and game updates in June. Although I don't play the game there were so many characters that Disney hadn't brought to the Infinity line yet.  Here's the article.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/disney-infinity-discontinued-developer-shuttered-w/1100-6439677/

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: No more Disney Infinity (ending in June)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 04:50:00 AM »
Oh wow, that's quite surprising.
I don't play the game myself but they could have done so much more with all these characters to choose from.
What I find odd is they didn't really say why they discontinued the line, wonder if they are loosing money.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 07:42:02 AM »
I saw that too! Very weird..... I don't play the game. I looked into it when it came out, but I decided that it would cost way too much money. I do want some of the figures. I already have Stitch. I still want Jasmine and Wreak it Ralph. Maybe they'll go on sale soon.

sailorstitch

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 01:34:53 PM »
It was cancelled in part because DI wasnt selling like they had hoped (iiirc they had like $157 millions worth of unsold figures, or some high number like that), and also due to overspending in certain areas of the company/sister companies that they decided to cut corners on and trim off "excess fat".

I am sad about it, even though I never played the games,band I actually liked the figures but I am not surprised that this happened. I kinda feel like they spent too much focus on Marvel/Star Wars figures and playsets and not enough for Disney ones. Where I live, the Marvel and Star Wars ones seems to shelf sit the longest, compared to the Disney character ones.
Plus, I was turned off on buying the game due to how you apparently couldnt use all of the characters for all of the playsets, so most of them were Toy Box mode only.

I am actually mad that they had apparently teased and hyped up a bunch of future figures and playsets, and not we arent getting them. Such as Darkwing Duck, Peter Pan, Scrooge McDuck, Goofy and (from what I learned) Sora/Kingdom Hearts ones.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 01:42:01 PM »
This is really sad to hear, I'd always been meaning to start to collect the figures at the very least. It seemed like a good chance to start up something akin to a Disney only version of Kingdom Hearts with the right storyline. Will they still be selling the figures for a while or are they going to be pulling everything all at once? Do the games have any offline play that would still make them worth getting afterward?

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 01:55:38 PM »
The current figures will still be in stores, and a couple of new releases will be out in the next month (Alice in Wonderland live action movie characters on May 24th, and Finding Dory figure and playset in June), but no more new releases after that.

As far as online goes, there hasnt been any official word, but from what I gathered, I dont expect the online servers to be up for long after June comes around. Offline play, I personally wouldnt know since I never played it myself, but I think it depends on if you get the playsets or have fun with Toy Box mode where you create your old levels and whatnot.

If you want to get the figures, you may want to start grabbing them now or within the next few weeks, since there are sales going on currently and people have been selling their collections due to finding out about DI ending. I had went and grabbed a Nick Wilde one yesterday and may grab one of Judy Hopps tonight or tomorrow.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 03:13:19 PM »
I also collect some of the figures and am sad to hear Scrooge McDuck was planned but now won't be released since I am a big DuckTales fan. I just got Mulan last weekend because I had a 40% off coupon through Target's Cartwheel and I couldn't find Fear. I hope I can find him before they stop making them. The Star Wars ones stay around my area too.

Ponyfan

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 03:34:11 PM »
While I'm not really surprised by the news, I am disappointed by it. My local ToysRUs still has tons of the 1.0 and 2.0 lining the shelves and even the 3.0 seem to be perpetually on sale somewhere. I think the figures are on sale for $8.99 this week at TRU, I had been on the fence about buying myself a copy to play as I loved the Marvel expansion in 2.0 but when I heard the news I went ahead and bought up all of the Marvel ones I wanted during the sale. Make sure to check amazon too there are some nice prices especially on bundles there.

My daughter loved 1.0 and 2.0, I bought 3.0 for Christmas for her but she never really seemed to enjoy that one as much I offered to get her Nick or Judy from Zootopia which she loved and she was like "no thanks mom"  :pout: .

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »
I don't play, but I'm more sad about all the people that are going to lose their jobs :(

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 04:54:51 AM »
I really wanted to love this game when it came out but I just had too many issues with it. For starters it's more expensive than skylanders. Lego is higher yet but overall a better deal for your money, I'll come back to this. I've bought and resold Infinity twice and made money on it both times. When 3.0 came out I ignored it, found out though it has a mario kart expansion basically which of course I had to have but I picked up 3.0 and my two favorite characters quite cheap so I certainly gained all the times I bought and resold it.

Now the gameplay, is nice if you have a ton of spare time. I don't have time for a Disney the Sims. The toybox is just all about building and the playsets well were hit and miss for me. Now Skylanders or lego you could just dive right in with the base game into a storyline and not need to buy a ton of extras. Which is what I sold people on when working at Toysrus. Legos, I would suggest skylanders if they didn't care for previous lego games and if they had never played a lego game before I suggested getting one of those before buying Dimensions. However Dimensions has the best resale value due to you are actually getting legos out of it. Which is why it's my game of choice and it has ghostbusters which is super fun to play.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
It's not too surprising, My nephew lost interest in this like...a month after he got it for Christmas. It was a 'fad' game-play gimmick started by something else and disney adopted it, which was cool for awhile but then stores got over saturated with these. I went to a TRU that literally had a whole isle devoted to nothing but the figures, and there was only like...5 different ones altogether?!  I think they just kind of went overboard producing these, hoping to cash in more than they did. It is too bad for folks who're still fans of it though, it was a neat concept they just sort of...went overboard with it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »
I found Fear and the new Alice and Mad Hatter figures today. Here's pics of Alice and the Mad Hatter.

The Infinity figures are on sale at my local Walmart for $11.96

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 01:11:21 PM »
Eh, I'm not sorry to see them go. Disney's games are crap anyway. Roughly  20 years and they still can't make, or have someone else make a game that isn't full of clunky controls, insultingly easy gameplay, bad cameras or boring mediocrity.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:15:25 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 10:27:40 AM »
Eh, I'm not sorry to see them go. Disney's games are crap anyway. Roughly  20 years and they still can't make, or have someone else make a game that isn't full of clunky controls, insultingly easy gameplay, bad cameras or boring mediocrity.

*chuckles* This instantly took me back to the NES disney games for some reason...gaw those were frustrating, genesis ones weren't much better!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 06:04:34 PM »

*chuckles* This instantly took me back to the NES disney games for some reason...gaw those were frustrating, genesis ones weren't much better!
Mickey Mousecapade and Adventures in the Magic Kingdom. 0-o

The SNES were the worst of the bunch. Dunno how they managed to botch them with Capcom at the helm. Little Mermaid and Ducktales were decent, but could be beaten in like, an hour or two at most.

Can't vouch for Rescue Rangers.

Finding Nemo and Lilo and Stitch, Hamsterveil Havoc are awful! So are Sega's Marsupilami and Bonkers.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal