collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: weird pattern I noticed with year five ponies  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
weird pattern I noticed with year five ponies
« on: January 09, 2024, 11:24:33 AM »
did anyone else notice that all the adult ponies released during 1986 (excluding big brother ponies) use the same five molds? the quackers, mimic, crumpet, dancing butterflies, and sugarberry poses are repeated across all of the sets the only exception being ponies that were re-released from previous years
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 12:03:53 PM by Kitcatepic »
long live chrysalis

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
Re: weird pattern I noticed with year five ponies
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 01:26:03 PM »
That's true of every year up until Year 6. All ponies produced in Years 1-5 had unique poses that were only used for that year (unless they were rereleases of a previous pony and also some of the Sea Pony poses were reused).

Year 1: Collectors Pose
Year 2: Applejack Pose, Bubbles Pose, Glory Pose, Moondancer Pose, Firefly Pose
Year 3: Posey Pose, Tootsie Pose, Powder Pose, Gusty Pose, Heart Throb Pose, Baby Blossom Pose, Baby Ember Pose, Baby Cuddles Pose, Baby Glory Pose, Baby Firefly Pose
Year 4: Magic Star Pose, Shady Pose, Buttons Pose, Lofty Pose, Wind Whistler Pose, Baby Shady Pose, Baby Gusty Pose, Baby Heart Throb Pose, Rosedust Pose, Honeysuckle Pose
Year 5: Crumpet Pose, Sugarberry Pose, Mimic Pose, Dancing Butterflies Pose, Baby Tic Tac Toe Pose, Baby Quackers Pose, Baby North Star Pose, Milkweed Pose, Tumbleweed Pose, Sniffles Pose, Snookums Pose, Dibbles Pose, Cloud Puff Pose, Wingsong Pose, Tex Pose, Slugger Pose, Quarterback Pose

But in Year 6 Hasbro started reusing previous poses. There were still some new poses produced in Years 6-10 but it wasn't all brand-new poses every year like it was during the first 5 years.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 01:31:27 PM by Freeindeed »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 09:17:25 PM »
Yes, that's quite common, not just in MLP but in any widely varied toyline. You'll notice it all throughout every year. New poses made, and some used more then others.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 05:49:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure they're also ponies from 1987, I think that is the year stamped on the foot. It makes sense, really, since they added new poses and wanted to get good use out of them.

What I find odder is how they delved back into the 'old' poses to make their remodelled ones for the 2nd set of princesses and the sundae best.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 06:22:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure they're also ponies from 1987, I think that is the year stamped on the foot. It makes sense, really, since they added new poses and wanted to get good use out of them.

What I find odder is how they delved back into the 'old' poses to make their remodelled ones for the 2nd set of princesses and the sundae best.
it is really weird that they just randomly decided to bring back the moondancer firefly and collector poses for that one instance and then never use them again
long live chrysalis

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 08:25:57 AM »
A lot of the poses are underused, but the Moondancer one is ridiculously so. It's basically Sunbeam, Moondancer, then it reappears in a weird amended form for Princess Misty and the only other time (in the normal line) I can think of is Sugar Sweet. I know Italy had a Majesty and a Windy in that pose, maybe also Moonstone, but still...

A lot of the pegasus/unicorn poses are less used than earth ones but that always got me. It kind of disappeared (over here in the UK I think Sugar Sweet was the *only* pony sold in that pose, ever...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal