collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scam? Seller sent me an empty box :( Update Last Page  (Read 4583 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Scam? Seller sent me an empty box :(
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 08:32:55 AM »
Hey look what I found. If you look under USPS and see what they do about boxes that are clearly alcoholic beverage boxes it makes me really feel this was the issue.  I do believe that my item was opened and discarded as they thought it was alcohol.  Or it was opened and then not placed back properly.  So, I have forwarded this to the seller as I think its really important to know these things. I had no idea a wine box would cause such a stink and make my doll disappear.  It just reminds me how important it is that before we ship we must make sure we know all the rules.

https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/203981689-Shipping-alcohol-with-USPS-UPS-and-FedEx
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Scam? Seller sent me an empty box :( Update Last Page
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 05:25:59 AM »
yes I got more careful with packaging when I saw the restrictions and issues for certain types of packaging etc  for Australia and some other countries. The wine box is most likely what caused the problem if the seller has all good feedback and no previous known problems. What a pain for you both :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 10:41:20 AM »
This entire situation is insane. o.0 I understand about the post office not mailing certain items/certain boxes. I've seen it happen before. I've also seen a box get damaged at the post office so they put the item in a new box, thus the person receiving the item gets a box completely unlike what the sender sent, though it has the item in it.

BUT it makes NO sense if the post office saw the alcohol box and discarded the box with the item in it and then sent a new box with NOTHING in it!? What? >.< That is the wonkiest thing I ever heard! Was someone drunk at the post office or what!?

What I would assume in this situation, which is what usually happens when someone uses unacceptable shipping materials, is that the item is either thrown out (and thus the receiver never gets anything) or the post office sends it back to the sender.

This whole thing is so weird. I'm just glad you got your refund, tulagirl!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 03:01:59 PM »
Actually that isn't what happened. I think they opened the box because it was an wine box, dumped what was in it in the trash and taped it shut and mailed me the original empty box.  That is even more insane.  I have the original box.  The PO didn't send me a different empty box.  Still the whole thing is extremely wrong that they did not take the time to notice a doll is quite different than a bottle of wine. :pout:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 03:36:03 PM »
Ohh gotcha. I thought it was a different box since you said it was too small for the doll. Since it was the seller's original box after all, chances are you might have gotten the doll damaged if it did get to you, since the box was so small. :(

Post office is insane. You don't trash an item and deliver an empty box. Geez! They should have sent it back to the seller with a note about why it was undeliverable. -shakes head-
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 05:57:08 PM »
where oh where is the logic, I'm shaking my head at that possibility Tulagirl. An alcohol-laced doll, oh my.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »
Ohh gotcha. I thought it was a different box since you said it was too small for the doll. Since it was the seller's original box after all, chances are you might have gotten the doll damaged if it did get to you, since the box was so small. :(

Post office is insane. You don't trash an item and deliver an empty box. Geez! They should have sent it back to the seller with a note about why it was undeliverable. -shakes head-

Yea I thought the box was too small but the seller told me the horror that she laid the doll in the box with the head touching the knees which would have totally damaged a 1930's doll.  You have to ship them flat and in bubble wrap, not bent over in a knot..  They also sent me a note today I could throw the box away that the po paid their insurance claim.  Really? I am surprised by that actually.  I still say this whole thing is a bit odd and I don't think I have the whole story and never will. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal