collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with an eBay seller  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Problem with an eBay seller
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:23:57 PM »
I purchased two lots from the same seller on eBay on January 23rd. She agreed via pm to a discount as it is a large purchase and to combine shipping. Last Friday the items still hadn't shipped and the discount not processed so I sent a pm via eBay. Today at 5pm still no response and not shipped. EBay support gave me a number to call the seller that rang once then went to voicemail. I left a message. EBay says to open a dispute for a refund. I decided to give her until Wednesday to respond since emergencies do happen and there was a nasty storm.
Should I give the seller more chance than that? It's quite a bit of money for me. I don't know if they're on the arena. I've never sold on eBay and don't know how difficult it is, but also can't take that much of a loss. Any advice from eBay sellers?

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with an eBay seller
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:25:35 PM »
I would give it a few more days. You're covered by paypal if a problem does arise.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 07:08:36 PM »
Have you tried checking your Paypal account?  I recently refunded someone who paid for two ponies before I could send them an invoice.  Meaning they paid shipping on each individual pony even though I was combining shipping for them. 

I logged into Paypal and refunded for shipping, but for some reason the refund doesn't "show up" on my seller's dashboard.  If you look at the dashboard it looks like they didn't get refunded.  I guess eBay wasn't smart enough to pick it up.

I would give it a couple of days and then try again to contact the seller.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:10:57 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 08:56:57 PM »
I'm most worried that they haven't shipped and they haven't responded.  :huh: I'll give a couple days.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:32:03 PM »
Where were they located?  That might help you figure out if they were in the storm zone.  Also is it an experienced seller?

Try not to worry.  You have 90 days to make a claim and eBay will side with you if the seller cannot provide tracking information that shows the package reaching you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:33:58 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 09:55:12 PM »
Experienced seller in USA. 5 neutral and 8 negative ratings. I bought from them before with no trouble beyond description of ponies.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »
I meant what state.  ;)

Number of negatives doesn't matter as much as the percentage of negatives.  Like if a seller with 40 total feedback has 8 negatives, that's a lot worse than if a seller with 4000 feedback has 8 negatives.

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 11:16:00 PM »
I believe it was 208 positive. I couldn't find a state. EBay even only had initials instead of a name.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 03:31:13 AM »
Its true that some post is being affected by storm hit areas...but yes the lack of communication is worrying, unless the power is out? I don't know how bad things are out there or what area this seller is in. I'm also a bit worried about the negs and neutral feedbacks from this seller if they don't have lots of good feedback. How recent are the negative/neutral feedbacks?
I'd probably do as the others here suggest and give them a few more days to answer before opening a case. Hopefully they will, but if not , then don't feel bad about opening a case.
 You can open a case and it will ask you what you prefer- your items or a refund. If you choose items the seller will be notified that this is what you prefer.  The seller may then reply and send your ponies , or they may refund you, or if they don't reply to the case, then ebay will automatically close it in your favour and you will be refunded. I know its a pain when you want the items you bought/won , its also a shame if its a seller who you bought from before without much issue. Real life things can happen and get in the way too, but you cant afford to be out of monies and ponies .
Please let us know how it goes :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 06:29:53 AM »
Only 208 positive and 8 negative and 5 neutral feedbacks? Have you gone through and read what people have said about their transactions? Have they had similar problems with communication? That doesn't look good for this seller in my eyes. You are allowed to post this seller's eBay username if you continue not to hear anything from them so that others on here can choose to avoid them.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 09:42:54 AM »
I purchased two lots from the same seller on eBay on January 23rd. She agreed via pm to a discount as it is a large purchase and to combine shipping. Last Friday the items still hadn't shipped and the discount not processed so I sent a pm via eBay. Today at 5pm still no response and not shipped. EBay support gave me a number to call the seller that rang once then went to voicemail. I left a message. EBay says to open a dispute for a refund. I decided to give her until Wednesday to respond since emergencies do happen and there was a nasty storm.
Should I give the seller more chance than that? It's quite a bit of money for me. I don't know if they're on the arena. I've never sold on eBay and don't know how difficult it is, but also can't take that much of a loss. Any advice from eBay sellers?

I would just open the dispute.  If she mails them you can close the case.

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »
Finally resolved. Seller says computer died and took time to get another. Either way it's sorted.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 04:01:24 AM »
:whew:  I'm glad its sorted! you've had an unfortunate run of problems lately eh? about time things started to go right
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 04:57:37 AM »

I would just open the dispute.  If she mails them you can close the case.

I've been blocked by two regular MLP sellers on eBay for doing this, beware they may take offence!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 07:41:59 AM »
I hope not. We've messaged several times since. If she does I can't stop it. Live and learn, right?   -_-

Post Merge: February 04, 2016, 07:44:43 AM

:whew:  I'm glad its sorted! you've had an unfortunate run of problems lately eh? about time things started to go right

It's been a rough few weeks. Add in my roof leak and now the septic tank needs replaced or removed.  :pout: I think I might just lurk a while.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:44:43 AM by Tak »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal