collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fakie - General Discussion Thread  (Read 95319 times)

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
Re: Fakie Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #435 on: July 19, 2014, 09:19:05 AM »
Any interest in these girls, they need to go- all have a hairplug or two missing but they are cute  :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #436 on: July 19, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »
I would love the yellow Remco girl! PMing ya.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 19, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
I am in search of remcos and would love to trade some of my extra gen 1 ponies for them.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
Note to self to check the fakies in the box for Remcos and such...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #439 on: July 19, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »
Rachel-Eyes I shall PM you :) I honestly hardly have any fakies I could trade xD Just some G3 mold fakies. Haha And this thing:

He is not really a fakie, however I thought he was interesting enough to share with his batwing alicorn-ness. lol :silly: The angle I took this picture actually makes him look cute, but he is so creepy in person. Haha

soooo awesome! I'm too late to the party to ask for him lol. but I love his batwings

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • "always dresses in style!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #440 on: July 19, 2014, 08:16:52 PM »
I haven't taken any pix yet but today I found some cute breyer wind dancer fakies @ the dollar tree. they had really pretty feathered wings and came in blue or pink. just thought I'd share for anyone interested.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2014, 08:36:24 PM »
I would love the yellow Remco girl! PMing ya.

Great choice! I have her myself and she is one of my favorites. :lovey:

I'm happy to see that the fakie economy is going strong at the moment! Fakies for everyone! :hearts:

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 21, 2014, 12:57:18 AM »
Rachel-Eyes I shall PM you :) I honestly hardly have any fakies I could trade xD Just some G3 mold fakies. Haha And this thing:

He is not really a fakie, however I thought he was interesting enough to share with his batwing alicorn-ness. lol :silly: The angle I took this picture actually makes him look cute, but he is so creepy in person. Haha

soooo awesome! I'm too late to the party to ask for him lol. but I love his batwings

I can't wait till he comes to live with me!!!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 21, 2014, 09:40:16 AM »

I can't wait till he comes to live with me!!!

Oh lucky!  Creepy fakies are the BEST fakies!!!

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #444 on: July 22, 2014, 01:56:28 AM »
im waiting on this lot in the post
but pritty happy with the find'

i really like the little donkey fakies

can any one tell me anything about the grumpy looking green girl in the back right?

starfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #445 on: July 22, 2014, 05:42:07 AM »

I've posted this in a thread on its own already, but I thought I might just as well jump on the band wagon here, hi guys^^
You see the purple fakie on the far right? I wonder whether anyone can tell me more about it - when these were released, if they are worth anything (to collectors or just pony lovers in general) ... I just found this: http://the-fakie-hideout.weebly.com/crumpet-fakies.html
I got this girl in a cheap lot together with the other ponies in the picture from the German ebay site last year. She looks pretty normal to me (apart from the eyes), not creepy like so many other fakies, but the plastic is softer and smells/feels cheaper than that used in the original MLPs.

URL of the original thread (I hope it works)
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,357899.0.html
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:01:42 AM by starfish »

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 22, 2014, 08:43:42 AM »
im waiting on this lot in the post
but pritty happy with the find'

i really like the little donkey fakies

can any one tell me anything about the grumpy looking green girl in the back right?

Congratulations on this auction, dear. :hug: I actually stumbled upon it myself and considered it because I have yet to own a RnS, but there are too many doubles here for me and I didn't want to spend the money.

If you're talking about the sea-green girl with the shell symbol, that's a vintage Lanard "Party Pony." I have one just like it too, plus a baby! I guess they are pretty grumpy-looking. Like I said a couple pages back, I think the vintage Lanards are pretty ugly, but they have gorgeous colors and symbols that pretty much make up for it. My personal favorite is a pink one with diamond symbols that I named Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. :lovey: I didn't know that she had a baby until I found it at the MLP Fair last year, and I wanted to keep the Beatles theme so I named her Lovely Rita.

The Beatles are my favorite band and I actually have a few fakies named after their songs, including this pretty little strawberry girl that I call Strawberry Fields Forever.

I've posted this in a thread on its own already, but I thought I might just as well jump on the band wagon here, hi guys^^
You see the purple fakie on the far right? I wonder whether anyone can tell me more about it - when these were released, if they are worth anything (to collectors or just pony lovers in general) ... I just found this: http://the-fakie-hideout.weebly.com/crumpet-fakies.html
I got this girl in a cheap lot together with the other ponies in the picture from the German ebay site last year. She looks pretty normal to me (apart from the eyes), not creepy like so many other fakies, but the plastic is softer and smells/feels cheaper than that used in the original MLPs.

URL of the original thread (I hope it works)
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,357899.0.html

You are most certainly posting on the right thread, because Colorscapesart is a collector and expert at these. :frolic: I'll give you the scoop on what I know though...

That is what's colloquially called a "Crumpet fakie" here in the community because she was lifted from the Crumpet pose. It has since been discovered that a cast was actually taken from the pony Seaflower, and the vintage Crumpets actually have a shell molded into the plastic from where the paint had stuck! You can check to see if your girl is vintage by searching for Seaflower's shell symbol on her non-display side jutting out of the plastic. I actually have not found the Seaflower symbol on my Crumpets that I bought from a gas station 2 years ago, so I have a feeling that some manufacturers might have covered it up. My vintage Crumpets, however, do have the symbol!

As far as exclusivity goes, they have been found in both the US and Europe, though it would be difficult to track down the original company that made these. If you look on the bottom of her feet, you'll actually see that someone took some clay and covered up Hasbro's stamp to I guess cover their tracks and not be found of stealing. I think their stomachs look kind of weird too, so I'm thinking someone edited the mold slightly so no one could claim piracy. No worries about quality either- the ones I own are also pretty squishy with typical fakie hair that frizzes easily. Some of the minty ones can pass for actual MLP, but the quality usually always gives it away, as they always have painted eyes and stamped symbols that differ from pony to pony.

I'm sure that Colorscapesart could probably tell you more, and could probably tell you more about your specific fakie. If you Google "crumpet fakie," a thread that she made on the old Arena should pop up with pictures from her own collection. I actually use that thread as a reference, because I too want all of the Crumpets! Gotta catch 'em all!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #447 on: July 22, 2014, 09:23:34 PM »
Good find!  I dunno if this helps, but the site is a WIP: http://ponycollector.webs.com/crumpet-fakie-guide

Tina to --->

Gloxinia :P 

I call her "Gloxinia" in my herd after lovely purple flowers. (Well I actually called her Tina Turner until I rehaired her lol) She a bit harder to find and I believe her to be vintage (possibly international).  Did you get her from a local German seller?

Interesting Rachel on the lack of seaflower symbols, every Crumpet I have seen has them, some more faint than others.  Do you have any packaging pics on your lovely girls?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:26:12 PM by Colorscapesart »

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 22, 2014, 09:59:41 PM »
Good find!  I dunno if this helps, but the site is a WIP: http://ponycollector.webs.com/crumpet-fakie-guide

Tina to --->

Gloxinia :P 

I call her "Gloxinia" in my herd after lovely purple flowers. (Well I actually called her Tina Turner until I rehaired her lol) She a bit harder to find and I believe her to be vintage (possibly international).  Did you get her from a local German seller?

Interesting Rachel on the lack of seaflower symbols, every Crumpet I have seen has them, some more faint than others.  Do you have any packaging pics on your lovely girls?

Ooooh thanks for the link! That will be incredibly helpful to me, I know it!

My pics are on my other laptop, but I found this on Google- they came in this same packaging and they have a stamp on one leg with the manufacturer (Imperal) and a production code. (http://the-fakie-hideout.weebly.com/uploads/5/4/7/6/5476002/7707923_orig.jpg)

They were my first Crumpets- I have a purple with pink hair, a yellow with purple hair, a pink with yellow hair, and a white with blue hair. All of them came from a midwestern gas station called Casey's in 2012 as what I assume to be old stock. I've since acquired two vintage ones that both have Seaflower's symbol.

Colorscapes, I really like your mint green, red, and "peachy orange" (your Hibiscus) Crumpets. :lovey:

ETA: Oooh, and according to your site, I have an international Crumpet! (The blue one.) You're certain that they are international? Because that gives me an excuse to dig her out of storage and display her next to my other "fakvana." :frolic:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:06:02 PM by Rachel-Eyes »

starfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #449 on: July 22, 2014, 11:59:50 PM »
You are most certainly posting on the right thread, because Colorscapesart is a collector and expert at these. :frolic: I'll give you the scoop on what I know though...

That is what's colloquially called a "Crumpet fakie" here in the community because she was lifted from the Crumpet pose. It has since been discovered that a cast was actually taken from the pony Seaflower, and the vintage Crumpets actually have a shell molded into the plastic from where the paint had stuck! You can check to see if your girl is vintage by searching for Seaflower's shell symbol on her non-display side jutting out of the plastic. I actually have not found the Seaflower symbol on my Crumpets that I bought from a gas station 2 years ago, so I have a feeling that some manufacturers might have covered it up. My vintage Crumpets, however, do have the symbol!

As far as exclusivity goes, they have been found in both the US and Europe, though it would be difficult to track down the original company that made these. If you look on the bottom of her feet, you'll actually see that someone took some clay and covered up Hasbro's stamp to I guess cover their tracks and not be found of stealing. I think their stomachs look kind of weird too, so I'm thinking someone edited the mold slightly so no one could claim piracy. No worries about quality either- the ones I own are also pretty squishy with typical fakie hair that frizzes easily. Some of the minty ones can pass for actual MLP, but the quality usually always gives it away, as they always have painted eyes and stamped symbols that differ from pony to pony.

I'm sure that Colorscapesart could probably tell you more, and could probably tell you more about your specific fakie. If you Google "crumpet fakie," a thread that she made on the old Arena should pop up with pictures from her own collection. I actually use that thread as a reference, because I too want all of the Crumpets! Gotta catch 'em all!

Wow, thank you :)
Yes, she has a big and a small shell visible on her side, and the cover-ups are there as well. And on her display side below the cutie mark is some flaw in the material, I don't know whether it's a weird scratch or from the mould as well. She has something like unopened holes for a forelock, is this typical for those fakies, too?

The question is now - what am I going to do with her? Give to some child for playing with it? Customise? Find someone who'd like to have her despite the high shipping costs from Germany? I'm doing some decluttering here and I don't want to start a collection ^^''

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal