collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 245668 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #1395 on: March 29, 2021, 11:35:34 AM »
I’m also a bit afraid that this line might be coming to a close. :/ 2020 was tough on a lot of companies, and BF MLPs had troubled distribution to begin with. :( I’m going to quietly hope that the upcoming G5 reboot will renew interest in the franchise as a whole, and maybe give the BFs a boost.

Does anyone know the status of their licensing deal with Hasbro? That was a big topic of discussion here a while back, but I haven’t heard it brought up in a while.

If only  BF had made them more widely distributed from the start. I could  find Strawberry Shortcake at TrU, Barnes n Noble and Target. Here its Target and Crackerbarrel, and with the restaurants closed... :|

Well, I'll just pick them up on Amazon if they make the Babies and TEs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 12:17:01 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 29, 2021, 12:16:18 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Taffeta and tailrustedtealeaf.  All of my BF ponies are still boxed but I do have Confetti.  I think there was also an issue with the tail ribbons staining the ponies on the first set of Rainbows?

I meant to check for these at Target this weekend but I forgot.  They haven't been there the last few times I looked 

Ponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1397 on: March 29, 2021, 01:43:43 PM »
No problem all.

On another note, I saw today that there are quite a few listings on ebay uk for the posey/CJ set...and all of them seem to have boxes in three languages, like my Lickety Split. So that's clearly some kind of European release?? I don't know.

I got Tootsie the other day. Technically she's a Christmas present, but the UK online store that was selling them had a delay in their order, so she came on the 21st March. But she also has a box in 3 languages.

I would be interested to know if the boxes in Canada are two or three languages? I'm wondering i f we're getting Canadian stock or whether this is something that's happening in the US release too? (If they are showing up there??)

Also, are they showing up in Europe anywhere? The boxes have Spanish on them too, which makes me wonder if they might be aimed at that market?

The unicorn and pegasus set had boxes just in English when they came here - at least mine did. So this is curious to me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 29, 2021, 02:10:19 PM »
My first BF Surprise didn't have a stained leg but my second one (the one for my collection) does. I guess it's time to learn all about sunfading.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 29, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
Just popped into the Target near my son's therapy (husband is home sick and let me leave my girls home, so I had 3 child-free hours to kill!), and there was no sign of BFs or for that matter anything MLP. Not sure what that means, considering that this location was always previously very well-stocked :/

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 29, 2021, 07:31:01 PM »
Checked a Target in Chitown and had my mom check the Super Target in Davenport, IA, absolutely nothing. No ponies at ALL, 35th or not.

Perhaps the stores sre resetting in preparation for the new gen 5 toys?
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 30, 2021, 10:14:45 AM »
Just wanted to let you guys know that this toy shop has the Posey wave in stock (sans Tootsie for some reason) for somewhat-normal prices! They also have the last wave of Unicorns and Pegasus ponies if you missed them before.

They were so kind on Instagram when I asked if they were restocking (I got most of the ones they had before but I missed CB, Lickety-Split and Heart Throb so I was waiting lol) and they let me know that they'd gotten their new shipment today!

They seem to be run by a small group and have a very small social media presence, and they're also one of the only US retailers with this wave of Earth Ponies so I thought I'd shout them out!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:20:13 AM by serena-hime »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 30, 2021, 10:52:45 AM »
Just wanted to let you guys know that this toy shop has the Posey wave in stock (sans Tootsie for some reason) for somewhat-normal prices! They also have the last wave of Unicorns and Pegasus ponies if you missed them before.

They were so kind on Instagram when I asked if they were restocking (I got most of the ones they had before but I missed CB, Lickety-Split and Heart Throb so I was waiting lol) and they let me know that they'd gotten their new shipment today!

They seem to be run by a small group and have a very small social media presence, and they're also one of the only US retailers with this wave of Earth Ponies so I thought I'd shout them out!

Thanks Serena
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 30, 2021, 11:33:22 AM »

Thank you! I'm going to bookmark their page. It's showing now that Tootsie is available, and several of the previously released earth ponies, Applejack, Bubbles, etc. that I missed the first time around. Awesome find!

It is showing them listed under 'toys for 6 and 7-year-olds'...are kids today over 7 not into toys like ponies anymore? That makes me sad if that is the case. I think I played with them well into fifth grade at least.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 30, 2021, 12:22:37 PM »

Thank you so much! I snagged Heartthrob, Posey, Lickety Split, and Cherries Jubilee about an hour ago. I just received a notification telling me my order was shipped! O_O Wow!

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 30, 2021, 01:20:22 PM »

Thank you so much! I snagged Heartthrob, Posey, Lickety Split, and Cherries Jubilee about an hour ago. I just received a notification telling me my order was shipped! O_O Wow!
Yay! I'm so glad you managed to get them! I was worried that scalpers would get ahold of their stock before they sold out- hopefully actual collectors get the most of their stock this time (they did order double the amount of stock for this restock, hopefully more will be on the way after this too)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 01, 2021, 12:13:35 PM »
I checked Cracker Barrel today and didn't see any BF ponies or Strawberry Shortcake items,

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 04, 2021, 11:18:12 AM »
eeek, thanks for the heads-up on the staining hair Taffeta/Tailrust! I'll have to check my Confetti D:

Also that's great that there's another US shop stocking them! :) Thanks for the link Serena!

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 07, 2021, 12:30:34 PM »
I recently emailed BF about a defective pony I got (poor CJ has a tear in her tail hole), and I asked them about future releases while I was at it! They confirmed that the Twinkle Eyed ponies are still slated for a Fall 2021 release, so we should (hopefully) definitely see those coming soon. No idea on which retailers will carry them, but I will update when they respond lol!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:41:13 PM by serena-hime »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1409 on: April 07, 2021, 12:46:14 PM »
Oh, that's exciting to see they're still on the table! Sky Rocket is a weird choice still to me.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal