collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 245847 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #1155 on: September 01, 2020, 12:46:38 PM »
Woops, I just didn't recognize Surprise because the picture is very small. My bad.  :lol:

Well, Basic Fun only tend to produce ponies that were available in the US, and Honeycomb was pretty much a UK-and-a-handful-of-export-countries pony. But I agree that at a glance it would be easy to mistake the BF Surprise for Honeycomb because most all the 80s Surprises tend to yellow more than Honeycomb does in general.

I’m dreaming, I know, but... Wouldn’t it be cool if BF did a special set of “MLP Around the World”, and released retros of Honeycomb, Gypsy, Nachtlicht, and some of the other popular “international” ponies?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1156 on: September 01, 2020, 12:57:17 PM »
Woops, I just didn't recognize Surprise because the picture is very small. My bad.  :lol:

Well, Basic Fun only tend to produce ponies that were available in the US, and Honeycomb was pretty much a UK-and-a-handful-of-export-countries pony. But I agree that at a glance it would be easy to mistake the BF Surprise for Honeycomb because most all the 80s Surprises tend to yellow more than Honeycomb does in general.

I’m dreaming, I know, but... Wouldn’t it be cool if BF did a special set of “MLP Around the World”, and released retros of Honeycomb, Gypsy, Nachtlicht, and some of the other popular “international” ponies?

I am guessing that opinion on that may change depending on geography xD. I mean, for me, having the ponies BF have made has filled a gaping hole in what we had in the 1980s, so I am totally happy with the y2 and y3 unipegs and rainbows and really want them to finish off with Powder and Skyflier and maybe the y3 sea ponies :)

But I can see how from the pov of overseas the view may be different.  And I am excited to get another of my childhood ponies in retro when CJ hits stores, so I guess some UK folk or Euro folk would like to see those guys too. Sunburst is a special childhood pony for me, as are Gypsy and Snowflake...so I certainly wouldn't say 'no' if they were offered, you know?

But in reality stakes, BF buy the actual pony maybe multiple times in order to create their reproduction. Expecting them to spend some hundred $ on Nightlight in order to sell replicas for $10 seems a bit unlikely. While companies can absoliutely sink money into projects if they see a profit at the end of it, they're not characters with any kind of nostalgia in the US, which is the only market BF really care about overall...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 05, 2020, 01:43:06 AM »
I had looked on amazon.uk in the past and they wouldn’t ship the ponies to Canada. It said something like the item is unavailable for shipping to your location :/

Ugh, that sucks :(

Hopefully, this news brightens a fellow Canadian's day, just a little! Today in Toys R Us (Hamilton, Ontario) I found the new Pegasus and Unicorn Ponies (Gusty and friends) AND the new Earth Ponies (Tootsie and friends)! I was shocked these were available and I scooped them all up (well one of each character, there were multiples of all except Heart Throb and Surprise). They were $12.99 each.

I took pictures of the new members of my herd, but I cannot figure out how to post them here. If any kind person lets me know how, I can easily post proof  :)

omgosh already. yay, so want to see pics, there are tutorials on here for uploading photos :D

Thanks! I didn't realize that there were tutorials already here. Teach me to pay closer attention to things haha.

So the 2nd set earth ponies also don't have the puffy stickers ? Welp that's disappointing and strange considering the unicorn & pegasus did

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 05, 2020, 04:10:18 PM »
do the new earth ponies have a poster?

Post Merge: September 05, 2020, 04:10:54 PM

i love those puffy stickers :(

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 05, 2020, 04:34:05 PM »
TBH it's weirder that the unipegs do have them, because the first set didn't. Prior to this they were only with the retro rainbows I think..?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 05, 2020, 05:08:26 PM »
TBH it's weirder that the unipegs do have them, because the first set didn't. Prior to this they were only with the retro rainbows I think..?
Oh really I didn't realize the original unicorns didn't. We never got them here in Canada

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1161 on: September 06, 2020, 07:44:00 PM »
The sets with stickers don't have a poster, and vice versa.  :)

Here's a pic of a Posey someone in the Facebook group has (not sure if they found it or ordered it online . . . Looks like she is from France.)

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 07, 2020, 02:01:07 AM »
You can buy the French packaged ones from Amazon UK right now. They're just £6 more expensive than retail could possibly be, so I haven't. That would suggest they were out in France, the Amazon UK seller had a preorder date of 1st Sept.

I am guessing they are probably in the various toy stores I used to haunt when I lived in London, as they were always quick off the ball, but I have no way of checking :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1163 on: September 08, 2020, 01:00:40 PM »
More news from the Facebook group:  someone ordered a Sparkler online and got one with "traditional" unicorn hair (streak of red) instead of the half-and-half mane and half-and-half tail!

Looks like her purple hair is still a mix of two colors.

I wonder if this is going to be like the scented / unscented Rainbow ponies set.  Like first run has half-and-half Sparkler, the later runs have stripe Sparkler.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1164 on: September 08, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »
Interesting! I think I still prefer the red-striped tail, but if Basic Fun wants another $10 from me...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 08, 2020, 05:20:24 PM »
I like my half and half Sparkler, personally. But if there are gonna be variations and batches, that'll be interesting.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 08, 2020, 06:34:15 PM »
Oh how interesting... I enjoy my halfsies Sparkler the way she is, but I'm sure I'll end up getting both anyway because I'm a sucker. :P

I wonder if they're also getting the darker pink Heart Throb along with new Sparkler. BF had said that future batches would be "corrected" but I didn't think we'd see it so soon. Maybe pale Heart Throb will turn out to be the scarcer version, like dark Bow Tie.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 08, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »
Oh no! I already have half/half sparkler but I like the one color better.  And if they correct Heartthrob, I’ll need her too.  Pale Heartthrob is kind of bland to me.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 09, 2020, 10:41:08 AM »
Does anyone have the dcpi for the two latest sets?  Not for the individual ponies but for the whole set?

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 09, 2020, 11:17:37 AM »
The Uni/Peg set rings up under the old scented rainbow tag at my Target: 086-00-4538

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal