collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Pony 2016  (Read 33144 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Pony 2016
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
I was daydreaming today and realized that this is probably my punishment for wishing so hard for a boy to be the exclusive. That's not what I meant, Hasbro! :lol: Be careful what you wish for I guess, because I got my male exclusive.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »
I would have been so excited for a boy!! Like Big Mac or dr whooves.... :(.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2016, 07:53:26 PM »
I would have been so excited for a boy!! Like Big Mac or dr whooves.... :(.

Yea a boy pony would be awesome.

On a side note I just got a friend request on Facebook from Fluttershy. I'm thinking she must want to give me a lecture on giving discord a second chance. (Troll senses tingling)
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2016, 09:11:15 PM »
A few days ago at Hasbro.....

Hasbro designer #1: hey listen!, the SDCC is almost here and we still don't have the exclusive MLP
Hasbro designer #2: (while playing PS4) what!! didn't we already said the pony it IS going to be Pinkie Pie dressed a chicken and including a KFC themed box

Hasbro designer #1: NO! that's the last year exclusive, we still don't have one and Mattel has showed pictures of their exclusives weeks ago
Hasbro designer #2:What? why did you remind me until now? it is too late to make a new mold from scratch

Hasbro designer #1: Sr, I told you months ago but you were too busy playing wit your new PS4 to pay any attention, we have to send a project today
Hasbro designer #2:Is not my fault that the PS4 is so addictive, now what can we do to make a quick solution, maybe another Pinkie Pie?

Hasbro designer #1: No sir, we already have too many  of her, and the fans demand adult collector's figures
Hasbro designer #2: Hmmmm adult collector's figures you say? like those Guardians of Harmony figures that aren't still out in stores in the US?

Hasbro designer #1: Yes Sr.. now that you mention it, there's some fan favourite characters like Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis and Discord (shows pictures from google)
Hasbro designer #2:Discord will do fine, he is voiced by an Star Trek actor and adult collectors LOVE Star Trek

Hasbro designer #1:Ok, so it is going to be Discord, and Fluttershy is his best friends we can include her in the same box?
Hasbro designer #2: Yes we can (opens a laptop and starts photoshop)

Hasbro designer #1: Its a very good, idea so we can make a Blue Flu version of Discord is just a repaint, and Fluttershy will have a nurse hat and we are going to replace the glass of drink wit a bowl of chicken soup.. it would be awesome
Hasbro designer #2: Too late, I already e-mailed the project, is just Discord wit open eyes, the line is not still at stores here in the US, so no one will notice...

Hasbro designer #1:But sir!! this is ridiculous!! and lazy
Hasbro designer #2: I don't care, look what I just bring from the store (shows box of fifa 2016)

Hasbro designer #1:What!!! the new fifa?? I HAVE to play so I can find out who have the best chance to win the Euro cup
Hasbro designer #2: I will bring sodas and popcorn!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:17:04 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2016, 09:20:21 PM »
That is hilarious!!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2016, 11:28:24 PM »
:lmao:

Curse you, PS4!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2016, 01:20:08 AM »
That looks really cool! I know Discord is popular with children so I think he's a chooice choice for an exclusive. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your opinion), variants of existing figures being a con/shop exclusive is not limited to Hasbro. All of Funko's con exclusives (or nearly all, I don't watch all of their releases) are variants of standard release figures, as well as many of the large Japanese figure companies doing a similar thing. Personally, I prefer it, as it means you are not completely out of luck getting that character if you don't go to the event or can't pay to get it picked up/imported/buy it second hand, etc,  because ~exclusive~. It is lazy compared to the last few things they have had, yes.
It's a shame Fluttershy wasn't a unique mould (if they had modelled her after the box art that would have been amazing), though she has the moulded hair which is a nice touch. I think she would have looked out of place in the box with him if she had been a brushable.

I don't think it's interesting enough to justify the cost of importing, though, so I'll wait for whenever we see the GoH sets here and get the regular one :)

There are a few other characters I would like to see, but I'd really like them to be regular releases and not exclusive to anything, or in a huge set like Minty or the smaller Bubbles/Dizzy/Muffins pony. A wave of just boy ponies! Can you imagine?  :biggrin:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2016, 01:30:10 AM »
 :sigh:  There is no proper emoticon for this.

1) Got to agree, this isn't the fair staff's doing, fault or any part of theirs.  And honestly, it kind of bothers me to see threats toward the Hasbro reps here. :huh:  They will undoubtedly get the message by the amount of commotion already going up in so many forums, as well as by the amounts of 'unsold' and 'unsaleable' product.   

2) Divided between "Yes, disappointed too," and "Yeah I'll pay $25-$100 extra for a pony cause it has slightly off blue eyes instead of purple... or a hk/china differentiation...... so WHY not Discord?" 
My gut says it isn't worth $50.00 to have open eyes and I'm really wishing they'd throw in something like a pin or button..... a sticker even- to make it more unique.  Even so, I paid for it, going to the fair, and it will come home with me and be added as a memory.  (Whoever it was that made the comment about the cheaping out on tf was correct btw- they're doing the same thing there.)

Don't give up on Hasbro though.  They might just turn around next year and come up with something special after getting the message that these aren't satisfactory to the majority.  In the meanwhile, he *is* different to the store release. Plus, getting him at the fair will be a memorably fun time, and I'm not looking for resale value, so he'll come home to a shelf spot here- as nostalgia.  (And I will keep hoping for Big Mac for next year.)     

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2016, 08:20:27 AM »
I also think people are being unfair when they say that this exclusive is a failure, because failure implies you tried.

How true, how true... :(

Post Merge: July 01, 2016, 08:27:22 AM

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!   :X    :X   :X

Everyone should just abandon them at the registration desk when they pick up their package and BITTERLY complain to Fair Staff.  Really, if some RE-RELEASE OF A NON-PONY toy is the MLP Fair exclusive, the Fair Staff should have just told Hasbro, "No thanks, we'll hand out bookmarks or something." 

Why can't Hasbro see the obvious?  Just make a Styling Pony sized G1 and we'll go crazy falling all over each other trying to buy it.  Trying to have us justify the price/value of some TV show character toy does NOT make it a collectible that anyone wants to own, or spend money on! 

I think it would be extremely unfair to take it out on the Fair organizers.

I agree.  It's not the fault of the Fair staff, who probably don't know much in advance what the exclusive will be and who certainly don't have any influence over Hasbro. 

And if they ever say "no thanks" to the exclusive, who's to say they would ever get an exclusive again?   The Fair is not a huge money-making event for Hasbro, it's something they do because the MLP community worked hard to develop a relationship with them BEFORE G4 rocketed MLP into the realm of "nerd pop culture."
I have to agree on this, its not their fault at all! Why complain if its something they clearly can't control? Not only that you're going to make the staff experience a bad one when everyone should be enjoying themselves. :)

If you really don't want the exclusive sell it, I'm sure someone will buy it. If I could I would buy it, I know someone who would love this.

Yes, please be kind to the Fair Staff. They don't have control over what gets approved through Hasbro. I know that at least last year's Fair, they weren't told what the exclusive was till it actually shipped to them and they saw them with their own eyes.     By that time, all the papers and contracts are signed and the Fair is too close, so it's not like they can return them at that point anyway. Design of the exclusive, production, and commitment to buy the exclusive for the Fair happen long before the Fair Staff sees it. 

They cross their fingers for a good exclusive just like the rest of us.   They get disappointed too. But they still give us a chance to get one before the rest of the world does at SDCC and Hasbro Toy Shop.  Whether or not it's a well-liked figure, it's still wonderful we get that opportunity.   :)

If that's true, I would just advocate that we DON'T have an exclusive and just do TONS of raffles and giveaways of Famous Fan Artists and Customizers.  :(  Sorry but I would rather have a custom from TwinkleEye or a painting from ponyqueen and have paid $150(!!!) for my Fair ticket package than some NOT!exclusive that has nothing to do with ponies.

Planning this event and NOT knowing what the exclusive is... that just seems like a HUGE frustration!    I work very closely with my colleagues in  Gala Event Management, we could NEVER pull something like this off without telling our ticketholders well ahead of time WHAT they are spending money on...  *sigh*  I'm always in the minority on this though, every single year since they started the Stupid Exclusives (basically since the demise of Art Ponies).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:27:22 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 01, 2016, 09:13:05 AM »
I'm not pleased with the exclusive, either, but I didn't expect to be.  Even if I did like it, I think $50 is way too much for it.  I didn't really expect anything, nor did I preorder one, so I'm not too disappointed in the end result.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2016, 09:44:07 AM »
I do not agree with people being nasty to the Fair staff or being nasty to Hasbro.

I do agree with people stating they're opinion in a respectful way, even if it's an opinon of not liking the exclusiven.

It is possible to state your opinion without making it personal. It's also possible to correct trolls without becoming a troll yourself. Nobody should be marginalized in this fandom because they're a long time collector or a new fan to MLP.

We don't need to go around saying things like, well MLP is not for you anymore. Sorry, there are just not enough of you so your opinion really doesn't matter, so it's too bad for you.

It's not a new vs old; it's a what is your opinion. What do you really think? Do you like it, do you not like it. What would you do differently?

I would have rather seen brushable hair or something pretty and elegant. A actual pony being the main focus, because...this is My Little Pony not My Little critter of confusion.

I would like to see some kind of special edition Big Mac. Or heck I'd even go for a evil King Sombra of some kind; and that wouldn't be considered girly.

My dad keeps asking when are they going to make Granny Smith pony (LOL) and he doesn't even care about MLP.

There are frankly so many things that could be done that would be new and unique.

I've already seen Discord and Fluttershy as toys, so for me it's kinda meh, since these already exist in toy versions.

I think more what I'm looking for is something NEW. It doesn't really feel new to me and that might be another reason I don't like it.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
Do we have any speculation on TRU exclusives? By this time last year we had seen the flower ponies on taobao and they had made the announcement on who would be pre-released at sdcc already. Now we know Wonderbolts will be the target line for sure I really want to know what tru's will be. Waiting for an announcement any day now...

I've not really wanted any of hasbro a sdcc exclusives since :muffin: Pony so I can't be upset by this. I do like this better than a pinkie pie variant and mane-iac, and probably even DJ but I can definitely understand most people's disappointment.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:12:38 AM by Flitter »

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »
Well from what I can see, this looks better than the creepy one with Fluttershy (by Hot Topic I believe?)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2016, 10:02:17 AM »
I also think people are being unfair when they say that this exclusive is a failure, because failure implies you tried.

How true, how true... :(

Post Merge: July 01, 2016, 08:27:22 AM

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!   :X    :X   :X

Everyone should just abandon them at the registration desk when they pick up their package and BITTERLY complain to Fair Staff.  Really, if some RE-RELEASE OF A NON-PONY toy is the MLP Fair exclusive, the Fair Staff should have just told Hasbro, "No thanks, we'll hand out bookmarks or something." 

Why can't Hasbro see the obvious?  Just make a Styling Pony sized G1 and we'll go crazy falling all over each other trying to buy it.  Trying to have us justify the price/value of some TV show character toy does NOT make it a collectible that anyone wants to own, or spend money on! 

I think it would be extremely unfair to take it out on the Fair organizers.

I agree.  It's not the fault of the Fair staff, who probably don't know much in advance what the exclusive will be and who certainly don't have any influence over Hasbro. 

And if they ever say "no thanks" to the exclusive, who's to say they would ever get an exclusive again?   The Fair is not a huge money-making event for Hasbro, it's something they do because the MLP community worked hard to develop a relationship with them BEFORE G4 rocketed MLP into the realm of "nerd pop culture."
I have to agree on this, its not their fault at all! Why complain if its something they clearly can't control? Not only that you're going to make the staff experience a bad one when everyone should be enjoying themselves. :)

If you really don't want the exclusive sell it, I'm sure someone will buy it. If I could I would buy it, I know someone who would love this.

Yes, please be kind to the Fair Staff. They don't have control over what gets approved through Hasbro. I know that at least last year's Fair, they weren't told what the exclusive was till it actually shipped to them and they saw them with their own eyes.     By that time, all the papers and contracts are signed and the Fair is too close, so it's not like they can return them at that point anyway. Design of the exclusive, production, and commitment to buy the exclusive for the Fair happen long before the Fair Staff sees it. 

They cross their fingers for a good exclusive just like the rest of us.   They get disappointed too. But they still give us a chance to get one before the rest of the world does at SDCC and Hasbro Toy Shop.  Whether or not it's a well-liked figure, it's still wonderful we get that opportunity.   :)

If that's true, I would just advocate that we DON'T have an exclusive and just do TONS of raffles and giveaways of Famous Fan Artists and Customizers.  :(  Sorry but I would rather have a custom from TwinkleEye or a painting from ponyqueen and have paid $150(!!!) for my Fair ticket package than some NOT!exclusive that has nothing to do with ponies.

Planning this event and NOT knowing what the exclusive is... that just seems like a HUGE frustration!    I work very closely with my colleagues in  Gala Event Management, we could NEVER pull something like this off without telling our ticketholders well ahead of time WHAT they are spending money on...  *sigh*  I'm always in the minority on this though, every single year since they started the Stupid Exclusives (basically since the demise of Art Ponies).

I'm pretty sure they do plenty of raffles and giveaways already. I'm not even upset that this is the "exclusive" because hey I'm not missing out on anything (unless FS never gets a GOH release). It's great that people have a chance to get the SDCC exclusive early for those who want it tho I'm sure there are not gonna be many who want it this year. It's running preorders without even showing what it is that needs to stop. There is no reason Hasbro can't show it earlier since we have known about the Mattel SDCC exclusives for almost a month. Surprises are supposed to be fun but spending your money on something you don't want isn't fun at all. Even if it was something that would be easy to resell who wants that hassle when that money could be spent on something they actually want to buy?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:05:33 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2016, 10:05:09 AM »
Well from what I can see, this looks better than the creepy one with Fluttershy (by Hot Topic I believe?)

We Love Fine, actually.

I do agree with this, though. I love Discord's pose. It's just a shame that it isn't really exclusive, you know? A slightly different paint job and the addition of Fluttershy don't seem to be worth the price tag.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal