collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your best Nirvana Memory :)  (Read 1817 times)

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Your best Nirvana Memory :)
« on: February 02, 2015, 01:53:44 AM »
I was thinking back on my best nirvana memories, and I thought it would make a really interesting thread!

So tell about your best nirvana memories! Whether it's an auction, childhood memory, lucky find!

My best memory's are these three:
1. Me, my dad and brother are car boot addicts, in the summer up at 6am and out the door to go enjoy the summer boot sales. One day at a local one  I was looking for ponies - no luck. But we tend to take different directions around the car boot, and my brother picked up a lot of ponies (unbeknown to me), and when we got back to the car he showed me... I was blown away, mountain boys, big brothers with accessories, multiple htfs with accessories it was the haul of a lifetime! So passes a month or so, some of the ponies were doubles for me, so I put some up for sale including a fizzy for £5, little did I know she was spanish until a member had already messaged me about her, then another messaged me to inform me she was rare, I told the buyer and we came to an arrangement, however it made me nervous about my other ponies as my nirvana knowledge was poor at the time. I looked through all my ponies bought that day...and guess what my 4-speed and his hat were spanish!!! Wow!

2. Glow in the dark princess blue was my grail for over 2 years, when I got a message from a long term member here about one that I could purchase as she knew I had been after her for a long time I was overjoyed!! I've never wanted a pony as much as her before or since!

3. When the delaneys sold a lot of ponies on their website a few years ago they had hundreds of nirvana ponies for sale at very good prices, I bought my spanish dancing butterflies, brazil lofty, brazil sugarberry, french purple haired starshine (no longer owned by me now) and about 4-5 other ponies, I remember it was the most exciting time, liasing with them, not knowing which ponies would be available and which would be sold...I completed a couple of my sets from them and it was just the most exciting experience!!! My ponies were beautiful when they arrived and I really didn't know what to expect from the descriptions (it was all written text)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your best Nirvana Memory :)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:48:48 PM »
What lovely stories! :)

Regretfully I don't have any truly exciting nirvana stories, only a few fortuitous wins, really!

Probably my most rewarding one was winning what I was fairly confident was either a Spain or NC Posey for a lucky price on ebay. She was so pretty I was pretty anxious to get her regardless. When I got the parcel I was thrilled to see the word SPAIN underhoof :biggrin: She is still one of my favourite ponies  ^.^

I also unexpectedly got a German Flutterbye in a lot. I had originally bid because I thought they were all Italian and Flutterbye was the last rainbow I needed from that set, so I was mostly bidding for her. Then the seller updated the auction (after I had placed my bid) to say only 3 of the four ponies were Italian  :huh:  I let it be... I figured there might be an upgrade in there for my Italy Starflower which there was fortunately, and then when I pulled Flutterbye from the box I noticed her symbols weren't glittery. After a bit of digging I finally realised what she was! Couldn't resist keeping her, my German Skydancer needed a friend!  ;)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:58:44 AM »
Hmmm, I think it's down to two for me, but neither are very exciting! Both are ebay actually.

Somewhere between 2001 and 2004 (because I was a student) there came up an auction. It wasn't marked very well, but there was a picture. I saw instantly that it was France Moondancer, and came with France Medley and Italy Peachy. I didn't have much money back then, but I really wanted Moondancer. I saw a friend mention how she wanted the lot as well, but also couldn't afford it, so I contacted her about splitting it, but we didn't in the end, as we knew we'd both want Moondancer. In the end I bid despite having little money, and won the lot for £30! Even back then it was cheap and I still have Moondancer and Medley now :)

The other was a bit later. There was an auction for a green non-Happy Tail Woosie, which I'd never seen before (or since!) and really wanted. I bid, but it went really high and went to someone else. But they were more of a reseller, and put it back up shortly afterwards. I bid, and won for about half of what the original went for. I feel a bit bad for the reseller, but I did get the pony I was after :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 02:04:51 PM »
What great stories ^.^ I've enjoyed reading them :)

I think my best memory is at PonyCon 2005 ^.^ I got to meet TornadoLovesMedley and she had yellow Starshine (from Venezuela) with her and SilverSnow and Kris brought all their wonderful Spanish ponies and introduced us to Piggy ponies. 

I also discovered that BabyKittenCandy had Princess Prawn's twin ^.^ I hadn't shared her with anyone for fear of people thinking she was fake. bKC walked upto me and said "OMG I have the Princess, she's got Ruby's body, with the symbols sticking out and a dark pink tail....." And I said "and she has Princess Dawn's head!" We both squeed as it was then we knew we both had one and she was a true variant!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:12:55 PM »
I think my best memory is at PonyCon 2005 ^.^ I got to meet TornadoLovesMedley and she had yellow Starshine (from Venezuela) with her and SilverSnow and Kris brought all their wonderful Spanish ponies and introduced us to Piggy ponies. 

Oh! Was that the one in Manchester? In which case, that was the first place I got to see a Thailand Mountain boy too. And the MIB Princess Variant! :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 02:50:10 PM »
It was indeed Manchester! I'd forgotten about Thai Tornado! I got to see him too ^.^

Was it the first time we met? I remember you were with Taffeta :)

Love pkw xxx

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 02:55:28 PM »
I love all these fun memories!!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
Swimming through Kcat's collection and being able to lick some!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
I do have a story! Years ago (like 10+) I got to go to a Texas Pony meet and Woosie brought her Takara pony!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:05:08 AM »
 :frolic: :frolic:  many thanks for sharing so lovely Nirvana Memories!! so great  ^.^ ^.^

I got a tiny nice Nirvana memory: when I got my first baby, my husband and I did not go out for restaurant for a long time. When my baby was old enough to stay by the grand parents, my husband and I went to restaurant in a town near where we live. After eating we go for a walk and surprise in the town was organized a big brag. After a very few minutes walking what did I seen: a pony!! Seashell!! and what a surprise I rapidly took her in my hand and very soon saw that she was a french one  ^.^ ^.^ in perfect condition!! what a surprise!! I got her for ...1€ !!!  I still have her, I love her, I remember how surprised and soo happy I was to see a G1  ^.^ ^.^
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 01:46:23 PM »
Oooh, Bibinettepony, that was an awesome find! :cheer

kcat's collection, Loa? *drools*

It was indeed Manchester! I'd forgotten about Thai Tornado! I got to see him too ^.^

Was it the first time we met? I remember you were with Taffeta :)

Love pkw xxx

Yes, I think it was! :) Such a long time ago now.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 05:33:22 AM »
That's a great story Bibi :heart:

Loa it must have been true nirvana heaven :faint:

Cuddle aren't they cute? I got to meet one at PonyCon a few years back :)

LadyG did you go to the first PonyCon in Morecombe?

Love pkw xxx

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 08:02:35 PM »
I have very rarely found g1s when thrifting, but one of the first ponies I found in a thrift store veeeeeery early in my collecting was an Italy Sparkler (unicorn). The tip of her horn is gone, but she's still with me, holding a special spot as my very first nirvana. :D

My first two princess variants were sold to me (without pictures b/c this was loooong time ago) as fakies! My mouth dropped when they arrived!

I still feel excited and special when I get a new nirvana. I recently won an argie I didn't have --which is becoming increasingly hard to do. She hasn't even had spa time yet because I've had her sitting on the table next to me since she arrived (they all get some "sit by me" special time when they arrive lol, where I appreciate them and all their grubbiness and flaws and uniqueness).

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 11:29:04 PM »
My most memorable nirvana buy was actually my first nirvana pony :) at the time I brought her I didn't even know she was a nirvana. How it happened was I was watching and hoping to win a lot on ebay.uk. The lot included 2 adult Uk seaponies and shells, peachy with her palour complete, some ponywear and a couple of other ponies. I really wanted to win the lot so bad but was going to be on an island with no internet for a week, I was leaving about 3 days before it ended. I put on a autobid of 33 pound and messaged the seller saying that I would be away so if I won I would pay for the lot as soon as I returned. When I returned I jumped on the computer to see if I had won but I had been outbid by one bid, I was so sad... but then I saw a message from the seller saying the highest bidder backed out and she had sent a second chance offer to me, I was so excited and went to the offer to click accept but it had expired :/ I messaged the seller again to say sorry I was away but would love to buy the lot if she still had it, she wrote back to say that she still had it and that she really wanted it gone, she would be happy to sell me the ponies including postage to Nz for 30 pounds! stoked I was... when I got the lot I found out that the yellow seapony with pink hair was italian :)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »
Love to hear about these surprise Nirvanas! :)

pkw...no, I wasn't at Morecombe. Partly it was awkward to get to, and partly I didn't think it would actually happen!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal