collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 74875 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2022, 06:37:58 AM »
I was upside down, almost a month late, and had the cord wrapped around my throat - twice! I survived though.

No, I haven't had Covid that I'm aware of. I am vaccinated, but not boosted. I think there's been two boosters so far? I have a lot of trouble with my lungs too, asthma and COPD (bronchial spastic syndrome), plus the sleep apnea. And they ache. I can't take a deep breath because I start coughing. This is another reason I want to see my pulmonologist.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 12, 2022, 06:48:38 PM »
BC that sleep does not sound good. I'd prioritise your health right now (you have so much else on your plate with a new cat to acclimatise, & both your folks unwell), & explain to people waiting on packages why they are delayed xxx
Artie, I'm sure things will work out with the baby, & when birth time comes, little one will be all healthy & strong xxx There's a reason they keep an eye on you at this time xxx

Started, or rather continued (because slight mistakes & imperfections go to me) on the personal part of my knitting project. Got a few clothes from Redbubble & eBay (I need leggings & may have to get some plain ones). Just keeping quiet otherwise...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #437 on: November 13, 2022, 07:21:42 AM »
Yeah, I'll call Monday. I tried on Friday but it was a holiday and I think the office was closed. No one answered the phone.

I see my PCP on Monday too. It's time for my yearly physical, which means... yucky things. I'm bringing a list of all my complaints though.

I've been watching a lot of Jackson Galaxy's videos about cats and there was one about getting your cat to play. So I want to try the techniques on Aster with the wand toy. She's been shaking her head and digging at her ears too. Mousie had ear mites that I treated at home but they eventually came back each time. I don't know if they can live in the carpet like fleas? I'll look it up. But anyway, I fear that's what Aster has now. It's hard to see because her skin is dark but I have ear wipes I can use. If she doesn't run away.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #438 on: November 13, 2022, 09:41:27 AM »
Found mildew in the kitchen cupboard under the sink. Spent all day cleaning the items and OH cleaned the cupboards. Milton tablets are the only thing that kill this mould. If you ever get a problem with mould in your house, don't bother with anything else IMO. Borax maybe. But what a way to spend Sunday. Had a break this afternoon and watched enough of Coraline to get OH interested. I think I might finally be getting to understand the kind of films and computer games he likes; there's a slight generation gap between us. He seems to like slightly melancholy, gothic post-apocalyptic fantasies like 'The Last of Us', zombies and that kind of thing. I'm not a Tim Burton fan (he did tragic things to some of my favourites) but I think I might watch Beetlejuice and Corpse Bride with him to see how that goes. We sometimes struggle to find things we both want to watch. Since we watched all of Star Trek during lockdown it's been sci fi or historic/political dramas, e.g. The Man in the High Castle, Humans, Homeland etc. but I find they can be quite demanding and quite violent.  I can't cope with real zombies. I think I must be getting middle aged...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 09:43:49 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 13, 2022, 10:08:33 AM »
@Artemesia Aw! My husband and I also have similar tastes in some things, but others not so much.  I've heard healthy relationships shouldn't depend on liking everything together as long as there is respect and love where it counts.  I still have to leave the room when Family Guy is on. :P

I've been thinking of writing a letter and drawing pictures.  Maybe get other work done and do the dishes. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 13, 2022, 04:00:17 PM »
I have now sketched out my drawing for the Christmas Carol Drawing Comp.  Doing it makes me happy.  :)

The laundry was washed a while ago with cheaper night electricity. Before hanging the laundry to dry, I straightened the sheets with my mom, and at the same time the cat (Ozzy) decided to come and swing on it.  :lol: It does it every time we straighten the sheets, even if they are wet! The cat is lying there like in a hammock and me and my mother are swinging the sheet.  :lol: Mom's previous cats also liked this.  :nuts: :heart: Do other people's cats do this?
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #441 on: November 14, 2022, 05:31:19 AM »
My two cats that passed away loved to play in the sheets. They liked to hide under the fitted sheet and slide around :lol: Bass in particular loved playing on the bed. I would try to cover her up with a sheet or blanket and she would launch at me :lol: I have some video of it.

I was able to clean Aster's ears. The wipes were surprisingly clean, so maybe she doesn't have ear mites after all. She was good about it, only complaining a little. And she came right back for treats. Yesterday I made her two small mice-like toys from wool. I thought she would like the smell, and she does! I was also able to play with her for a while. She doesn't like things up in the air. She's a ground predator. I had to take the little bell off the wand because that was bothering her too. She liked the fuzzy worm toy going slow on the ground.

Today I see my doctor. I wrote my list of things I want to talk about.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 14, 2022, 08:23:17 AM »
Hope all goes well at the docs BC!!! And good on you for noting Aster's play/ hunt style xxx She knows herself better than anybody, so the best is to learn & observe. Jackson Galaxy is pawesome when it comes to cats!!! (pun intended to say how cat-knowledgable he is)
HOM that sounds so fun!!!
Brightberry get on the writing when you know what to say xxx
Artie YEUCH!!!

As for me, my thumbnails needed a trim, in part due to grating cheese for pizza. Unfortunately newly trimmed nails result in fingers which find casting off harder, so having to shift to simpler parts of my project for a day or two...
Need to do some dishes today, again. Good thing I topped up on dish liquid!!! Also scrubbed down part of the kitchen floor. When they do the kitchen they will put new flooring on, so clean floor is needed there. I did one section, only to find another section glaring at me. Oh boy!!! Going to have to work on that too!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #443 on: November 15, 2022, 05:26:01 AM »
^ I can relate. I'm still not done with my bathroom which I started last month :lol: I wanted to mop in there and put some stuff away. I'll get it done some day...

Today I'm nursing a bad headache on the verge of a migraine. I think I'll put some ice on it while I sit here.

I tried to make an appointment with my pulmonologist and he doesn't take my insurance anymore :( so my doctor put in a referral for a new one.

I have plans with my niece to go to the PO today. I hope she follows through.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2022, 01:37:47 AM »
I did the simple knitting, scrubbed the bit of floor I saw, saw another bit of floor I need to scrub, went to coffee, bought a few things, & MISSED A PACKAGE!!! Rescheduled the package for Thursday xxx
Then I crashed out for HOURS!!! AND HOURS!!!

I hope your niece manages to take you today BC xxx And that your headache clears up. Maybe it's the stress with your family recently

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2022, 05:51:31 AM »
Congrats on the progress and the sleep!

Yes, I got to the PO finally! And everything was fine. I was worried I'd done something wrong since it's been so long since I mailed anything but letters.

My headache is finally gone mostly, my eyes still hurt. I wake up with my eyelids swollen and I don't know why.

Today I have nothing going on except groceries being delivered at 10-11am. I want to spend some time with Aster playing again. I also need to get started on these customs. All my art supplies have come in. I have lots of wool and clay now :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2022, 12:03:27 PM »
My headache is finally gone mostly

Big sigh of relief! Sorry about your eyes. Hope it's not a side effect.

I set up a research project today, hopefully that will still go somewhere while I'm off on maternity leave. It's nice to put like-minded people in contact. I also found out that someone edited something I wrote, but then someone else put it back, so I didn't have to be humble about it :D I ate too much fish fingers and chips for dinner and I'm also enormous. Had to nap after dinner today.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #447 on: November 16, 2022, 04:56:55 PM »
@BC i'm glad your headache is gone. @Artie after dinner naps are the best :)

it was a long couple of days at work. but i think everything will be ok. i was not prepared for how much being a manager feels like giving therapy. it bums me out when great people feel like they're not doing a good job even when you tell them they're doing a good job.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 16, 2022, 06:37:28 PM »
BC, glad your headache is gone! :heart:

On Wednesday afternoon, I emptied the large rainwater buckets from the garden. They were already a little frozen, because now it has been freezing during the day and at night. I added a couple of lanterns to the yard, and they have battery-powered candles inside. I collected decorations / small statues from the garden for storage. Some of them were also frozen to the ground, but with a little push I got them to come loose. :)
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2022, 04:50:55 AM »
Thanks! :D I feel a lot better today.

It's COLD :cold: I opened the windows but had to close the one next to me because it's too cold :lol:

Today I want to work on the pony customs and get my stuff for sale listed on FB Marketplace.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal