collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are some other fandoms you're involved in?  (Read 1738 times)

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: What are some other fandoms you're involved in?
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 05:58:50 PM »
I do read manga alot, so id say that. :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2013, 10:41:45 PM »
I can't say I take part in any fandoms. I've been reading fantasy since I was eleven years old, and is a living encyclopedia when it comes to Arda, Randland and Westeros but I don't take part of any forums online. Sometimes I read Geroge RR Martins blog.. I was a vampiregeek and ran my own website about them as a teenager, but again, no part of any vampire sites online. I do have an account on a Swedish fantasyforum but I rarely participate. I tried to be a member of a LOTR site ten years ago.. I still get random newsletter but I've never been able to log in and for some reason I can't remember what it was called, lol.

MidnightVelvet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 07:24:31 AM »
I'm an Idiot (Green Day fan)
And a Mansonite (Marilyn Manson fan)
I don't know if Warriors by Erin Hunter have a fanbase name :s but i'm a major fan of the Warrior cats series due to my love of kitty cats!  ^.^

I'm a fan of Warriors too! I am also a Potterhead (Harry Potter fan)
And a Directioner ( One Direction Fan)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
Like some of you guys have said, I'm into anime and manga. Right now I'm watching Sword Art Online, and I was watching Bunny Drop, and sometimes Toradora. I'm reading Land of the Blindfolded and Otomen, and I'm making myself wait to read the latest Kimi ni Todoke (don't tell me what happens!) And I love Studio Ghibli films (I have all the films, almost all the soundtracks [can't even read some of the Japanese that's on there]) and a piano book (again, can't read the song titles but can play them!  :P) I also watch Asian live-action movies.

As far as western media, I like Lord of the Rings, too, and Star Wars, and Avatar: The Last Airbender (the *animated* series, not the movie) and fantasy in general, and watch a little Doctor Who. And I'm a Jane Austen fan.

I have several toy collections: besides MLP, I have Little Pretties, vintage Littlest Pet Shops, Grand Champions, Breyer horses, Puppy/Kitty/etc. In My Pocket, and Beanie Babies. I don't really actively collect any of those (except Little Pretties), but if I saw a nice one at a thrift store or something I'd get it. 

DavidC

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 11:52:40 PM »
For actual fandom stuff - I'm an old Trekkie and a huge anime fan. I've staffed on a couple anime conventions in Colorado but not since '05.

For being a fan of stuff: tons! :) MLP, Anime, Trek, Military history, Jem, GI Joe, Barbie, Superheroes, even Hannah Montana. I love *bad* movies, too. If you remember the old TV Show "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" - those kinds of *bad* movies. I also love wargames, board games, and pen-and-paper RPGs.

clonecommander

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 10:57:13 AM »
Okay, lets see... This one's obvious, I'm a big Star Wars fan. (See, my name's a dead giveaway) I am also seriously into Lego: Bionicle as well as Monster High, oh and a little bit of an interest in the Iron Man movies. (I've only seen the first 2, still need to see the Avengers and Iron Man 3, so don't spoil it!) 

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 12:03:31 AM »
I will admit I am a fan of the Carmen sandiego line I loved the computer games as a kid and have the entire cartoon in DVD.  I wonder though are any of you her fans ?

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 11:56:13 AM »
I'm not really part of another fandom, rather than being a fan of things since I'm not really active in any sort of forum or group for stuff I like otherwise.

I love TMNTs, I go through phases of the pokemon card game, and I crochet! So I guess I am part of another forum in that sense with ravelry :p

I do like Supernatural as well I saw a few here mentioned it!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

sarafina

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 02:58:23 PM »
I'm part of the vintage LPS fandom, and I used to be really actively involved in the Beatles fandom but left it a few years ago (still love the Beatles to bits, of course!)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2013, 01:28:54 AM »
Team Fortress 2, Homestuck, furry, Dangan Ronpa(and many other name, 'specially Inuyasha), Steven Universe, hmm...

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. But really, if you talk to me about TF2 or furries we are automatically best friends.

I'm kind of scared to try out super-duper popular ones such as Superwholock because of the number of unsavory members. ;_;
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2013, 06:38:40 AM »
Oh boy, me and my fandoms....well there's just so many! TV series like X Files, Sherlock, GoT, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Grimm, Falling skies......there's just too many to list!

Movies well Harry Potter, LoTr, Marvel, Xmen....I like so many moviiiies XD!

Video games: Final Fantasy (7 is my main one ;D), Dragon Age, L4D, Dead Island, Sonic..... the list for each category honestly goes on and on, and then there's the books I get in to! Twilight, Beautiful Creatures, a whole bunch of horror movie fandoms like Chucky and Freddie.....

Phew I'm tired XD
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Lindsay1988

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2013, 06:47:06 AM »
I will always be a Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel girl :p

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2013, 05:38:13 AM »
Legend of Zelda, Loveless, Sailor Moon, Full Metal Alchemist (both versions), Bioshock (all of them), Walking Dead (the comics, not so much the show), Original pokemon (150), and Batman.

nollilols

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2013, 05:56:01 AM »
I love anime and gaming, so I fall into the category of 'person who keeps up with the world of both those things', but in terms of actual specific fandoms...

I associate those with tvs shows and music, and my main ones would be Merlin, Supernatural and Ylvis. I adhere somewhat to the holy trinity of SuperWhoLock though.

I'm also a nerdfighter, which is I suppose (in part), a fandom for the Vlogbrothers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal