collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I Hit The Breyer Jackpot........ID Help Please  (Read 2428 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Did I Hit The Breyer Jackpot........ID Help Please
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »
Well guys here is the deal it 100% has the Breyer mark on it and I can not find a pic either and my friend who showed me a pic goes to the Breyer show every year I will bring it to her to ID this week.....it does have a chipped off ear but this horse I THINK is so rare it will still be sought after..............and the man who sold it wanted 5 bucks but I showed him the ear and he took a dollar  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Just because it has the mold mark does not make it real.  The decorators are the most faked Breyers out there.  There are definite things to look for to make sure it is real.  The actual finish and feel as well as the smell can help.  Value you wish, the market is down so I would say around $200-300.  The Foal is not worth as much as the mare. 

It is also very disheartening to hear you talked the seller down on something so valuable, sorry but that is not cool.  Not cool to brag about doing it either, especially after finding out the value.  I would not suggest letting that about if you do advertise on either the Blab or MH$P, model peeps do not take kindly to that behavior.
She's right on both parts - breyers at that time have a distinctive smell to them and feel. from a member on the model horse board says; Ooooh! A Copenhagen running foal! A couple ways to see if it's real: look for a signature or initials on the belly or hooves for a CM. Check to see if the whites are realistically age-yellowed. Also, depending on where and how long it's been stored -- sniff it. Up until extremely recently, Breyer used/maybe still uses a VERY distinctive-smelling paint. That's always my final authenticity gauge, after checking books, coloration, initials, etc. Hope this helps!
there are many people out there who do custom decorators , I've seen them posted on the same board as sale items - they look real that's why sniffing the model is a good way to tell- if it smells of overcoat that would protect the finish- knockoff - I admit I love the smell of a new Breyer.  I've painted model horses and used a lacquer  and it smell different then an untouched model. Good luck- I hope it's real.   

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »
Guys, he haggled. Everyone haggles in real life!!!

I know nothing about Breyers but I agree with your beloved, you must have a horseshoe somewhere!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »
Guys, he haggled. Everyone haggles in real life!!!

I know nothing about Breyers but I agree with your beloved, you must have a horseshoe somewhere!

My thought exactly :)

How many MLP brags have we seen about people finding free G4's or HTF G1's in near mint condition for next to nothing. The majority of people would never point out to a seller that their item is rare and worth more than they are selling it for and then offer them more money.

At the very beginning of this thread BigHicks asks if this is the real deal, he said it looked similar to the one his friend was searching for. So, it's not like he knew that it was the real deal. BlondePonyTail then states on the next page that it is the real deal, his collector friend confirmed it.

I think it's great that they found such a wonderful item for next to nothing. I would've talked the seller down too if I was purchasing something that was broken or chipped, that's what people do at flea markets. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for something at a flea market.

Kitten Mittens

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:25 PM »
Daaaaang that is one hell of a find, congrats man. Stuff of dreams.
I want that proverbial horseshoe of yours, c'mere I'm prying that thing out.

BigHicks1977

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2013, 12:49:04 AM »
I did not try and mess the seller of this horse over.......I was honestly not sure if the horse was the real deal or a fake and the ears are ruff SO when I asked for a few bucks off I was honestly trying not to waste money if I was wrong.....It just turns out I was right  :biggrin:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2013, 03:16:12 AM »
I understand everyone haggles, and being not sure when buying an item you are familiar with makes most folks do so even more.  It is also the sellers job to learn what they have and if they chose not too, then that is their problem I know.  And yes we all love a good bargain.  Just sometimes when you know something is worth a lot and see someone talk a person out of a few dollars it is bothersome. Be it Breyer, pony or anything else. 

Me personally I would not talk a seller down on something I know is that valuable.  I have even been know to give them more if I can afford to do so.  Got to keep the karma going if you know what I mean.

As to telling if it is real, besides the long time collects will actually lick the finish, they know the taste of it compared to fake.  I know it sounds strange but it works.   

I am glad you have had a collector verify it and I hope who ever you sell it too loves it.  I am sure you and BPT are going to have fun adding to your toy collections with the profit it shall bring.  And I am sure you shall share those new additions with us in the Brags forum.

Peace out.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

BigHicks1977

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2013, 03:19:59 AM »
I understand everyone haggles, and being not sure when buying an item you are familiar with makes most folks do so even more.  It is also the sellers job to learn what they have and if they chose not too, then that is their problem I know.  And yes we all love a good bargain.  Just sometimes when you know something is worth a lot and see someone talk a person out of a few dollars it is bothersome. Be it Breyer, pony or anything else. 

Me personally I would not talk a seller down on something I know is that valuable.  I have even been know to give them more if I can afford to do so.  Got to keep the karma going if you know what I mean.

As to telling if it is real, besides the long time collects will actually lick the finish, they know the taste of it compared to fake.  I know it sounds strange but it works.   

I am glad you have had a collector verify it and I hope who ever you sell it too loves it.  I am sure you and BPT are going to have fun adding to your toy collections with the profit it shall bring.  And I am sure you shall share those new additions with us in the Brags forum.

Peace out.

All very true Diamond and thank you  :biggrin: and once again I had seen a pic of the horse but I honestly had no idea of the value till I looked it up this was my first and probably my lasy Breyer purches

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2013, 05:32:11 AM »
WOW! Can I have your luck! At least one time in my life. :)

BigHicks1977

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2013, 05:35:54 AM »
WOW! Can I have your luck! At least one time in my life. :)

It is a lot of luck but also a TON of time spent learing what to look for and hunting and if things in my life go right it is waht I want to do full time but not just toys other collectables as well

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2013, 07:28:45 AM »
I don't know anything about Breyers, but sounds like you stumbled on a pot of gold ;) Congrats! :biggrin:
My Wish List

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
You know what I would do with the horse? I would save it and give it to your Breyer collecting friend for Christmas. I've done this a few times when I've lucked upon collectible toys that are worth considerably more than I paid. And I had one given to me before too. *hugs my RBB Tickled Pink doll* But that's just me. I love finding the most awesome presents for my friends.

sailorstitch

BigHicks1977

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2013, 01:24:51 PM »
You know what I would do with the horse? I would save it and give it to your Breyer collecting friend for Christmas. I've done this a few times when I've lucked upon collectible toys that are worth considerably more than I paid. And I had one given to me before too. *hugs my RBB Tickled Pink doll* But that's just me. I love finding the most awesome presents for my friends.

sailorstitch

I really thought about that but she wont have it  :huh: she wants me to sell or trade it so I gave it to my wife 2 be and am letting her do what she wants with it I do not like selling toys.....I did one huge clearing sale a few years ago and I did make a lot but it is no fun 2 me  ;)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »
It's BEAUTIFUL! :heart: Congrats!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal