collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who is your favorite princess?

snow white
2 (3.2%)
cinderella
3 (4.8%)
alice
1 (1.6%)
tinkerbell
0 (0%)
wendy
0 (0%)
tiger lily
0 (0%)
aurora
4 (6.3%)
elionwy
0 (0%)
ariel
9 (14.3%)
belle
7 (11.1%)
jasmine
6 (9.5%)
pocahontas
4 (6.3%)
esmeralda
2 (3.2%)
megara
4 (6.3%)
mulan
3 (4.8%)
jane
1 (1.6%)
melody
0 (0%)
kida
1 (1.6%)
giselle
1 (1.6%)
tiana
1 (1.6%)
rapunzel
7 (11.1%)
merida
4 (6.3%)
vanellope
1 (1.6%)
sofia
0 (0%)
anna
0 (0%)
elsa
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Disney Princesses  (Read 1967 times)

moonlight twinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
Disney Princesses
« on: September 28, 2013, 04:24:13 AM »
I was on the disney wikia, and disney is going to make megara a disney princess! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Megara
you have to scroll down the page to where it says disney princess to see the news!(these are possible rumors, it they aren't true, don't blame me)
Now, if disney brings back esmeralda, i will be happy! :satisfied:

[Topics merged - Eviecorn]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:00:51 PM by Eviecorn »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Disney Princesses
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:52:57 AM »
Yay! Though......I didn't realize she was a princess....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 07:20:49 AM »
Why would they do this? Meg isn't even a princess. Kida or Eilonwy would make more sense.

sailorstitch

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 07:39:26 AM »
Oooh, that's awesome! I love Meg and would LOVE to see her on merchandise and dolls :D

I'm assuming that if the movie had a sequel that she and Hercules would get married and then be considered a princess since Hercules' father is king of the gods, right?
My Wish List

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 07:43:23 AM »
Why would they do this? Meg isn't even a princess. Kida or Eilonwy would make more sense.

sailorstitch

Mulan isn't a princess, either, but she seems to get featured along with the others a lot anyway. I dunno why Disney doesn't just call them "heroines" or something, as I think that's what their princess line is getting at. More Meg love is always appreciated, though, she's one of my favourites :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 08:18:12 AM »
Interesting.  There are others that would make more sense, but whatever floats your boat, Disney.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 08:41:33 AM »

sailorstitch

Mulan isn't a princess, either, but she seems to get featured along with the others a lot anyway. I dunno why Disney doesn't just call them "heroines" or something, as I think that's what their princess line is getting at. More Meg love is always appreciated, though, she's one of my favourites :)

Mulan is a princess because she is the only asian leading lady. Disney is trying to make the line diverse.

sailorstitch

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 08:57:22 AM »
Pocahontas is also not a princess but they make her one in the line up.

Megara in the original myth is the daughter of a king and thus is a real princess.   They don't mention her lineage in the Disney movie but I'd wager to say she is still the king's daughter.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:02:40 AM »
I will never see her as a princess--I think adding her to the 'franchise' and 'making her a princess' are 2 separate things, but we will se for sure if and when things get announced :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »

sailorstitch

Mulan is a princess because she is the only asian leading lady. Disney is trying to make the line diverse.

sailorstitch

Well...yes, but in her film she's not a princess. Like I said, I think the line being called "Princesses" is misleading as not all of them are princesses and that "heroines" would be a better term. I imagine "princess" is (supposedly) more marketable to little girls though.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 11:42:24 AM »
In the last couple of years, I heard Meg didn't stand a chance joining the Disney Princesses because she decided herself to work for the devil and that'd disturb parents.

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 11:52:55 AM »
I always see the princess line as "the heroines of Disney's most popular movies". But as far as I know Hercules wasn't all that successful, so I don't know why Megara should join. That would be weird. It would be weird to see her flowing her dress about alongside Cinderella.
Kida and Eilowyn aren't in the line because their movies weren't all that popular.
I just want to see more merch with Esmeralda on it....
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

moonlight twinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 12:26:08 PM »
I always see the princess line as "the heroines of Disney's most popular movies". But as far as I know Hercules wasn't all that successful, so I don't know why Megara should join. That would be weird. It would be weird to see her flowing her dress about alongside Cinderella.
Kida and Eilowyn aren't in the line because their movies weren't all that popular.
I just want to see more merch with Esmeralda on it....
Disney needs to make esmeralda merch again! If they did, I would be satisfied! :satisfied:

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 01:08:48 PM »
Pocahontas is also not a princess but they make her one in the line up.

Yes, she is. Well, as close as you can get for a Native American. Her dad is the tribe's chief.

sailorstitch

sailorstitch

Well...yes, but in her film she's not a princess. Like I said, I think the line being called "Princesses" is misleading as not all of them are princesses and that "heroines" would be a better term. I imagine "princess" is (supposedly) more marketable to little girls though.

Mulan is the only one that they made that exception for. All the others ARE princesses in their movies. So the line being called "Disney Princesses" really isn't that misleading. Now if they start adding characters like Megara, Esmeralda, Alice or Tinkerbell then it would be misleading

sailorstitch
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:14:07 PM by sailorstitch »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 02:22:28 PM »
I wouldn't mind if Meg (and Esmeralda, Jane, Kida, etc) doesn't become an official Disney princess, but I would LOVE some merchandise with her on it. Especially dolls! Meg is in my top three favorite Disney heroines/females/leading ladies so I'll keep my fingers crossed that they decide to make more Meg stuff ^.^
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal