collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Frizz and hair colors  (Read 963 times)

tiktok

• Trade Count: (0)
Frizz and hair colors
« on: September 05, 2012, 03:59:15 PM »
I'm cleaning up my new Ringlet, and working through her tail, it really seems like the white section is the only section with major frizz. It also seemed to be the worst-off section in her mane, and this got me thinking - do some colors of nylon hair become frizzy and damaged more easily than others?

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: Frizz and hair colors
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »
That is a good question.

I know the white stripe in the seashore ponies (Beach Ball and co) tends to frizz very easily. But as for other colors, I am not really sure.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pickenprod

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »
Every pony I have seen with the dark red (Sugarberry's colour) has had horrible frizz and poofiness! It's actually made me dislike that colour.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 07:30:10 PM »
I've noticed some G4 ponies hair like Sunny Rays, non-raised leg Cheerilee, bangs Sweetie Belle, and the non-red colors of RD's mane (this is nto all the colors like this, just some) are usually dryer, less silky,  harder to style, and more prone to frizz than others.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »
I think some colors are more prone to frizz. Sugarberry's red, as someone already mentioned, seems like it's never perfectly silky. I also have 4 or 5 G3 baby Romperoonis and all of them have frizzed out hair. Even the one I got straight from her box back when she was new! I just don't know what happened.

I think certain colors may be made from a slightly different material - Sugarberry's feels different than usual pony hair to me. Maybe that has something to do with it?
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 03:25:33 AM »
I think so too, definately sugarberrys red, sunshine pony white. I find the rainbow ponies hair doesnt frizz too much. Some of the So soft hair gets frizzy too
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 05:41:57 AM »
Taking aside the normal thermal hair which breaks down over time and exposure. I think you are right - although its all the same hair, its all treated differently in order to get the finished colours...therefore some colours and pigments will react differently to different conditions or use...perhaps this is why some colours are more likely to have frizz issues.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »
I think it depends on the hair style as well as the color. Sugarberry came with curls, and I see her with frizz a lot. But I have other ponies with that color hair who have pristine silky straight hair. I think though that a lot of the "neon" colors are prone to frizz, especially if they were originally styled to be curly. Firebird (barnacle's color) is often frizzy, and I see electric banana (the neoon yellow) frizzy a lot too.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »
I think it depends on the hair style as well as the color. Sugarberry came with curls, and I see her with frizz a lot. But I have other ponies with that color hair who have pristine silky straight hair. I think though that a lot of the "neon" colors are prone to frizz, especially if they were originally styled to be curly. Firebird (barnacle's color) is often frizzy, and I see electric banana (the neoon yellow) frizzy a lot too.

i.e in addition to the pigments which have an effect, there is technically whatever chemical the hair may have been treated with in order to "hold the style" which may also have caused a breakdown in the nylon? That makes great sense!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

tiktok

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »
I did notice as I did her tail that the white stripe was doggedly trying to re-curl itself, after heaven-knows-how-long it was in the ratty braid that she came with. I do think that it's likely the hair reacts differently based on the pigments and products that have been used on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal