collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Halloween costumes  (Read 5588 times)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween costumes
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »
I went as Misty last year for Halloween and my boyfriend was Ash!
I have a GIANT Pikachu plush that we carried around and it was so much fun :) I gave out candy part of the time and some kids knew who I was <3 yay! "OMGOSH MISTY?!"

But this year....hmm. No idea!  I want to be Sailor Moon so bad. ;-;

I am planning on being Jem from Jem and the Holograms.  I haven't gotten anything for it yet but I have stuff book marked online that I hopefully can get.  I am really excited about it

I wanted to be Jem one year but I had my hair pink for a while instead :3

I saw some older Jem costumes in some resale shops so check those out too! :) They are not all totally horrible either. Have fun as Jem, that will be tons of fun!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 08:03:05 PM »
I'm going to be the second amendment! :D 
All I need to do is go buy some fur from the fabric store to sew up some bear arms and it's good to go.  Maybe i should ad a headband with ears to that to help get the point across.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:07:12 PM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 08:12:18 PM »
I've been wanting so do either Catwoman or Cheetara from Thundercats.

Sadly, I don't have the figure for either costume!

I believe that if you really want to do it, you can find a way! Follow that dream costume, girl!

I love the encouragement!

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »
I went as Misty last year for Halloween and my boyfriend was Ash!
I have a GIANT Pikachu plush that we carried around and it was so much fun :) I gave out candy part of the time and some kids knew who I was <3 yay! "OMGOSH MISTY?!"

How cool, I was Misty last year, too! It was a very last-minute costume. But I didn't have an Ash (though I actually prefer Misty x Brock, Gymshippers for life!!).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 10:55:02 PM »
I'm going to be the second amendment! :D 
All I need to do is go buy some fur from the fabric store to sew up some bear arms and it's good to go.  Maybe i should ad a headband with ears to that to help get the point across.
Bwahaha!  I love it!

I started thinking about my Halloween costume...in June.  Still haven't decided.  But I've got these ginormous fairy wings that I made one year and I've been thinking about going as some sort of peacock/fairy/unicorn/king combination.  Only problem is I really don't have time to sew a costume now so I may just have to get creative with a t-shirt, jeans, and some spray paint.

I love Halloween and costumes.  Wish we could dress up every day of the year.  Last year I went as Captain Jack Sparrow.  One year I went as someone from Star Trek: The Old Series.  Another year I went as a zombie bride.  And a couple of years, I went as a goth fairy.  Even won a best costume prize for the fairy costume!

eta:  These are my fairy wings.  If I do the peacock thing, I'll spray paint over the red and make them black, blue, green, and gold.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:59:33 PM by bewilderness »

Water_Fire

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »
I've been planning Halloween for months! I'm planning to go as Alice from the American McGee games, like so:

I have the dress, the socks, and I'm currently making the apron (although it's pretty terrible so far...). Just need a wig and some boots now! :D Oh, and a knife, but Asda do some really cool Halloween stuff so I might pick one up from there and do it up.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
How cool, I was Misty last year, too! It was a very last-minute costume. But I didn't have an Ash (though I actually prefer Misty x Brock, Gymshippers for life!!).

Yay!!! Misty partay! I love that you had orange hair! Mine was short so I just put it up. (light brown so oh wells XD) I made my yellow shirt and just had fun carrying around mah Pika!

Brock is such a goober and I love him because of it! They would have done well, but my bf definitely looks more like an Ash!

Later we will both find out that our costumes this year were the same again.  :ninja: hahaha I want to try sailor moon, but am looking around to see if I have old clothing I can cut up and use instead of buying some  ;-;

Good luck on the Alice costume Water_Fire! It would be totally rad

And PEACOCK FTW. That could be really neat and of course A Unicorn costume would be awesome too!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:38:59 PM by TrixieStix »

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
I know my 2 1/2 year old in going as a teenage mutant ninja turtle... He loves those turtles. I doubt my husband and I will dress up, we usually only dress up to go to our local ren fest.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »
I made all of Thoths, have the one from two years ago still on photo bucket - a great green dragon complete with wings, which have since been reset so they stay on better.

Then last year she started a Clone set, I helped her finish it in time for trick or treating last year.  Needs some fix up, she wore it to camp and got rained on.  The helmet is store brought the rest not.

:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
A vengeful Snow White maybe?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

MelodyMistress

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2012, 12:04:21 AM »
wow for a terrifying moment I thought that said gymstrippers....wow...

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 01:12:51 AM »

Diamond I can't imagine the time and effort that went into making those!!!! :shocked: they're great!!!

Last year I was a zombie pirate...I loved that costume....this year I'm not sure what I'll be, I've seen a couple of awesome costumes already though when I went to a local fancy dress shop :ninja:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2012, 06:15:04 AM »
Oh man! I haven't given this much thought at all.... We don't really do anything for Halloween, and my husband is a party-pooper when it comes to stuff like dressing up. I'm going to have to think on this some more.....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal