collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it time to throw in the towel?  (Read 5036 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: Is it time to throw in the towel?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »
does buying here at the arena count as "online" for you? because I know I prefer to buy from folks here rather than online retailers.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 07:53:44 AM »
Oh you're in Gilroy, my best friend lives up there! And she always finds the new ponies long before me, if it's any consolation:P Usually when i get tired of waiting and have her pick stuff up for me, and as soon as she does it magically becomes available in my area lol, figures. I also just traveled from SoCal to Oregon  and never found a Lyra, but i have faith that she'll show up soon. Im sure the new ones will show up soon in Gilroy too, Just try to be patient and enjoy the ponies you already have in the meantime :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »
My little town has two store. And they do not carry much. And there has been no Blind Bags anywere in this town either. Your not alone! :)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »
I feel the same way with the blind bags. Still no wave 3 or 4 here :(
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 08:53:49 AM »
Hugs I have that feeling ALL the time. Just now my Walmart has the main 6 in luggage! I just got Daisy Glimmer wing too. I am 2 hours from any Target and about 4 hours from any Toys'R'Us! So I hope for trades on here:) It has come in handy because I was able to get a blossomforth and lily blossom in stores up until now. Many pony folk thank me for that:) So I know what it is like to wait and realize somethings will just no come my way:P
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 09:03:47 AM »
Sometimes it's easier to buy them online then waste the gas and time to find them in the stores.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 09:10:25 AM »
Eh, Hasbro Malaysia's track record with ponies has been lousy since last December. This is why I spend a lot of money on ponies online nowadays. At least over there in the US, you could buy it from Target.com and Toysrus.com. Those sites won't even bother shipping here- and until recently Target was even blocking Malaysian access to their site.

And well, think you have it bad? I've yet to find Trixie, Lyra, Sunny Rays and Cherry Berry locally. They were supposed to come out this month, but they're still a no-show. And since our TRU is just a franchise and since we have no Target in Malaysia, that rules out all the exclusives too. And well, I've never seen the blind-bag ponies, the riding along ponies and the R/C vehicles locally. Hasbro has told my aunt that they don't want to risk importing the R/C vehicles since the Malaysian market is already flooded with cheap R/C vehicles. And I do mean cheap- some of them goes for as low as RM29.99 (~US$9). As for the rest, they have no plans to bring in the Riding Alongs, and probably chose not to bring in the blind bags given how badly the G3.5 bags sold.

So yeah. It's worse over here. Although I make the best of it by importing from contacts I've befriended on eBay and here in the Forums.

You know, you could always put up a wish list in the wanted board. I'm sure many of the members here would be willing to help you get the sets you want, even international sets  ^.^
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:18:52 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »
I agree, post a Wanted list or include your most-wanted in your signature, I am sure members here will help you out!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mapago

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 10:56:42 AM »
Here in Brazil I can only find the first two waves of playful ponies (the very first ones, with bangs and all) and the wedding castle, costing around US$90; so I'm always looking for help from members here to get most ponies
At least we've got Rainbow Flash and Daisy Dreams =P

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »
Here in Brazil I can only find the first two waves of playful ponies (the very first ones, with bangs and all) and the wedding castle, costing around US$90; so I'm always looking for help from members here to get most ponies
At least we've got Rainbow Flash and Daisy Dreams =P

You have rainbow flash?!  Man, Canada has non of this stuff, except talking Cadence.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 04:02:54 PM »
I know how you feel! Went to Target today and found... main six, main six, main six, main six.... ugh!! I went into rant mode :P Hasbro, every little girl already has a Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy and collectors have like 3 or 4 each... we want different ponies! Everyone is buying up the Lyras and Trixies and leaving the main six. Which is what I would do too, but Hasbro could make more of them instead of a zillion Pinkies and Twilights :yikes:
My Wish List

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 05:37:22 PM »
I'm only an hour from you and my Target had everyone but Trixie the other day. (gone now)
Send me a OM or something and I can totally do a pickup for you if I see something you don't have.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »
you should turn to buying online, like me, it is my only source for new pony stuff
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »
I managed to get some blind bags from my walmart from the new set, but someone thought it would be fun to rip them open first and leave behind the ones they didn't want.  That is what really upsets me about people.  Buy the bag and if you don't get what you want aw well.  Don't make the other people suffer.  And I haven't been to toys r us yet so I have no idea what they have by us.  I hope I can get a :muffin: Pony soon though.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:04 PM »
It's not just you - I *just* found Lyra this week and still no sign of Sunny Rays.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal