collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you have a diagnosis of this kind?

Yes, Asperger's/high functioning Autism.
12 (18.2%)
Yes, AD(H)D.
9 (13.6%)
Yes, a different from the ones above.
7 (10.6%)
No, but I think I would get a diagnosis if I got tested.
21 (31.8%)
No.
17 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Asperger's, AD(H)D, and other similar diagnoses  (Read 3582 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Asperger's, AD(H)D, and other similar diagnoses
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 01:40:46 PM »
Meh. I have plenty of issues. No big deal. I'm used to them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
I don't have a great understanding of Aspergers, Autism or ADHD, and have never thought of them or had others suggest them of me, but when I saw you had quizzes linked, I had to mess with them (I love quizzes~). I was surprised how many things on the Aspergers test fit me.

Not surprisingly, it says I appear to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits. I'm totally going to have to do some reading on Aspergers. I've always been a bit 'Different' compared to other people, but I chalked it up to not being raised in the school system.

The second quiz also says it's possible I have mild ADHD, which I guess I could also believe. It is amazing how many tiny little things will completely pull away my attention. Right now I'm trying to nip the bud on a bothersome habit of vocally expressing every little random thing that catches my attention when I'm in public.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »
I've suspected for awhile that I have asperger's, though I've never been officially diagnosed with it.  I've also never been officially diagnosed with PTSD (although one shrink was considering it) but I'm pretty sure I have that too.  I have been diagnosed with OCD and GAD (general anxiety disorder), as well as social anxiety disorder.  I've also been diagnosed with two different kinds of depression, dysthymia and major depression.  I've spent literally half my life being suicidal.  It wasn't until about three years ago that I finally found a med that helps a little with the depression, although I still deal with it everyday.  My doctor's trying me on a new med, in addition to the one I'm taking, so I'm really hoping it helps.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »
I have dealt with OCD as long as I can remember (I've got it in check now), and I had late onset of ADD.  I didn't quite fit the criteria of autism, though I was certainly tested enough as a child.  It's not a huge deal in my life now, as I have both pretty much managed.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline ladyfenrir

• Trade Count: (+139)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ladyfenrir/
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »
I was diagnosed with ADHD last month, actually. I'm 28.

I've been on concerta (36mg) for just over a month now and let's just say... it has changed my life. I can live and function like a normal person now, something I could hardly do before. :'/
~*~ladyfenrir's G1 wish list~*~

Formerly known as "svarta-perlan"

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »
Asperger's, bipolar disorder, and GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder).

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »
I haven't been diagnosed with anything... although I occasionally drop into a mild depression and once a homeopathic doctor told me I had ADD because I was nervously fidgeting with a button on my coat... I called bull on that one.  Other than that, I don't have anything so I voted no.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
I was diagnosed with Aspergers when i was 16 It brought a bit of loneliness to me though sense i am the only girl in my town who has it. That is what makes it unusual most of the time boys have Aspergers. So other than that it lets me concentrate on things immensely. I can be rather creative as well at times, other than that i am kinda a walking encyclopedia.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 04:08:02 PM »
When I finished the assignments first, I was given other projects to keep me entertained so I wouldn't just sit under tables and ignore the class (yep, that happened)

Same! I would finish then read under my desk. Some teachers didn't like that. (with my book under the desk, not me)
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
I would read or draw in class.  In sixth grade the teacher ended up making a "no drawing in class" rule and in eighth grade one day I was working on a drawing and the teacher there got mad and ripped it out of my hands, crumbled it up, threw it away, and chewed me out for "not paying attention in class".  I was paying attention but I can do more than one thing at once.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »
I have Aspegers. Nothing else to say...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Stuntmang

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 06:14:13 PM »
DO NOT rely on an online test to tell you what disorder you have. It pisses me off when people with no desire to be social diagnose themselves with Aspergers, then proceed to use it as an excuse for their social ineptness. I got professionally diagnosed with Aspergers and I'm tired of it being used as an excuse.

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »
DO NOT rely on an online test to tell you what disorder you have. It pisses me off when people with no desire to be social diagnose themselves with Aspergers, then proceed to use it as an excuse for their social ineptness. I got professionally diagnosed with Aspergers and I'm tired of it being used as an excuse.

Although I do agree with this, I don't think the people in this thread are relying only on the test. It seems like many people here have been officially diagnosed.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
So yeah came out with having Asperger's on here recently. Diagnosed when I was 19. I don't like to wave it around a lot so I feel like I'm talking about it too much even mentioning it again in this thread. There have been some friends I knew for a long while before I even told them I have it.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Stuntmang

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »

Although I do agree with this, I don't think the people in this thread are relying only on the test. It seems like many people here have been officially diagnosed.
I know, just a reminder.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal