collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I never knew people were this generous! :)  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I never knew people were this generous! :)
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »
About 2 weeks ago I picked up a cat on the side of the turnpike.  When I finally got a look at her I could see she was injured so I took her to the nearest vet.  Well, the vet thought she had been thrown from a car and landed on her face.  Several of her teeth were broken or ground down to nubs and her lips and whisker areas were really shredded, along with other scrapes and bruises.  I got her antibiotics and pain meds and took her home to rest and destress, knowing her teeth would have to be fixed soon.  They quoted me about $800 for the procedure, which I could not afford, especially for a cat that wasn't mine.  I posted everywhere looking for her owners. 

I called a local cat organization to see if they could take her, but they were full.  And that's when the emails and calls started coming. 

People wanted to donate to this cat's care!  A lady my husband works with volunteers for this organization and after she heard about the cat she emailed EVERYONE on their mailing list.  One lady came up to my office with cat litter and some soft food and I was directed to a vet that worked with this organization often and she said she would pull the cat's teeth for a FRACTON of the cost the other vet would have charged.  I was ecstatic, because this poor cat shouldn't have to suffer.  I made her an appointment for this past Tuesday. 

When I went to pick her up after her surgery, the receptionist told me MORE people had come by to donate and I ended up paying pennies of the cat's bill!  I had no idea people were so generous as to pay for medical care for pets that aren't their own. It's usually ME doing stuff like that!

Now the cat, named Jupiter for the "great red spot" of roadrash on her head, is at my house, where I am fostering her until she's healed and can be taken by the cat group for adoption.  She is the sweetest cat, I can't believe someone would ever hurt her!  She's spayed, declawed (RAGE!!), and was likely vaccinated as she was in great health otherwise (we had her revaccinated, of course, to make sure, and tested for diseases - all negative!).  She gets on well with my other cats so far, though mostly she ignores them.  She's expected to fully recover, though she may need further teeth removed if she doesn't heal well enough. 

Here she is:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: I never knew people were this generous! :)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »
Aww, she's adorable. It's amazing how kind people can be. Glad things have worked out well.  :biggrin:   :)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:50:45 PM »
She is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this great story and giving me back some hope in humanity! I do hope she will find a nice loving home after her ordeal!

And you are such a star for taking her in!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:57:55 PM by little.fox »

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 12:52:16 PM »
Precious baby! I'm so warm and fuzzy knowing how many people helped.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »
That was very kind of everyone to help! Just proves people aren't all careless like whoever the jerk that tossed her was. And it was wonderful of you to take her in and help her as well.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
How sweet! So nice that so many people were willing to help, and wonderful of you to take her in in the first place. Hopefully she'll have a permanent home soon :) And hopefully whoever left her there will get what's coming to them in the end too.

I have two new kittens at my house...we've had them about a week, so they're probably 5 weeks old at this point. They were found thrown away at a local park in a plastic bag. They're the cutest little things. The things some people do to animals are just unbelievable.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »
While the act on the poor cat was deplorable, the kindness that poured out warms my heart.  Thanks for sharing this!  I hope she finds a great forever home once she's healed - she deserves it.  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
I'm so touched by the outpouring of generosity. Poor kitty, I hope she goes to a loving home soon. :)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »
I'm so touched by the outpouring of generosity. Poor kitty, I hope she goes to a loving home soon. :)

Considering I caught Mr. Skeen sing-songing to her and calling her "Oopiter" yesterday, I'm betting that home is mine...

He's such a sucker for tabbies.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
Aww, she is a cutie!
It's amazing what some people will give for rescues. I have a number of rabbit rescues on my facebook, and some of their poor stories are heartbreaking, but so touching how they come around and find new lives.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »

Considering I caught Mr. Skeen sing-songing to her and calling her "Oopiter" yesterday, I'm betting that home is mine...

He's such a sucker for tabbies.

That totally made me laugh out loud! What a heartbreaking story, poor innocent sweet little kitty and someone does something so cruel and vicious, I'm glad she seems to have a guardian angel :) Bravo for a great ending!

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »
That's amazing that so many people took the time to donate towards her procedure! Personally I didn't think that many people still do nice things like that anymore.
I'm glad that she's recovering well and that hopefully she will find a nice home sometime soon  :)

I do wish that most vet's offices were more compassionate when it comes to things like this though  :huh:  My family has had some bad experiences with vets in the past when it's come to finding injured animals. About 99% of them will just say that there's nothing they can do if you don't pay. It makes me kind of sad that some of them can't put the well being of the animal first instead of money..

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 06:55:28 PM »
I bawled as I read this. I hope Jupiter likes her new home! It does sound like she's gonna stay in your house.

Do you need some more money to help pay it off? I'm fresh off a move but I can paypal a few bucks. Maybe others here could too?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »
Wow, what an amazing story! Jupiter deserves happiness, and she has found it even if only temporary! :)

I am sure she will find a forever home, with a story like that and s cute cuddly face she will find one soon!

Post Merge: May 10, 2012, 07:25:13 PM

I just saw your post about her forever home may be the one she is in already - yours! :) It might just have been fate to have such a sweet companion enter your household! Especially since she seems to be ok with the other kitties :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:25:13 PM by Oneleo1 »
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
Wow - that is truly terrific. Hope she finds a really great home (be it yours or some other lucky person's!). Good on you for picking her up too, in the first place. Many others would have have driven on by. Nice to know there are some awesome hearts out there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal