collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Great Training Day Yesterday!  (Read 626 times)

Bugle

• Trade Count: (0)
Great Training Day Yesterday!
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »
Had a fantastic day working with Midnight yesterday. Midnight has come on leaps and bounds from when he arrived with us.

He has done fantastically well learning some tricks, and working at liberty. We went over laying down on command, and he did it first time! So proud of him.

I have now started training him to be used as my mounted archery horse. He did fantastic with the noise of the bow yesterday, and I am so so so happy.

Here is a photo of him from a couple days ago (he is slightly wet in the photo as I gave him a quick spray off after training.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tomorrow I plan on working on riding him without reins, we shall see how he does, he tends to be quiet rein dependent! Wish me luck!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Great Training Day Yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:27:55 AM »
Congrats on your progress! And he is just gorgeous!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Bugle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:43:24 AM »
Thank you kaoskat! He is probably one of my biggest triumphs as far as training goes, when we first got him, I had to ride another horse and lasso him to get anywhere near being able to put a halter on him; (Server abuse case prior to him arriving at our farm).

Now I give lessons on him, he listens so intensely to me and we are so bonded now (Too bonded in some peoples eyes). But if I give him the signal to listen, you could be the best rider in the world, and unless I instructed him to do something, he wouldn't move an inch, no matter how much you tried.

(One of the reasons I like him as a lesson horse/confidence giver, I know he will never burst out at someone (Well never say never I don't want to jinx it!); but I can instruct him with vocal commands. Which is bloody useful when you have a rider get nervous and start clutching with their feet! A lot of horses would go into a full gallop, but not our Nighty, he wont react unless he checks with me first!)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »
So glad to hear that he's doing well with his training!  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »
im happy to hear that things are going soo well^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal