collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK - No singles at Sainsburys or Tesco!  (Read 2602 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
UK - No singles at Sainsburys or Tesco!
« on: August 30, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »
Has anybody else noticed this?

I wanted G4 bait and Tesco had ponies for £2.79 (or something) and Sainsburys for £2.49.

But both are sold out! The bigger Tesco near me has even taken the label off the shelf, and when I asked at Customer Service she said it looked like the stock had been recalled from their store because they had a minus stock figure. I went to Sainsburys too late to ask their customer service as they were closed.

Has anybody else found this?!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:47:06 AM by hathorcat »

Offline sherbertlegs

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: UK - No singles at Sainsburys or Tesco!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »
Will have a peek when I nip to my local tesco's tomorrow.x

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:01:37 AM »
There's never been any MLP stuff at all in my local big sainsburys :( I haven't tried Tescos, but Asda have had a very small selection of ponies in the past. Odd that Tescos think they've been recalled though...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

latis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »
There hasn't been any pony stuff for months at my local Tesco extra store, just an empty shelf spot :(

I have read today on another forum someone just picked up two wedding singles from their tesco so i hope a restock is soon.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
Well, tbh, there's never been MLP stuff in Tesco over here in Malaysia. Which is frustrating to say the least.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
I think my Tesco might still have a few. Let me know if you want me to pick any up for you and I can have a check :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 08:42:57 AM »
Yup...I have noticed this in 2 [Tesco] stores.

I cant decide on what it is...

All of the previous stock from my local 2 stores, has simply vanished [there were about a dozen luggage ponies there a couple of weeks ago] and now there is no space and no tag for MLP at all. :( Which does sound more like them being cleared than them miraculously suddenly selling ponies which I swear have been there since last November!

On the other hand - a lot of pony items on their website were "currently unavailable" for a week or so but now suddenly a lot of them are again in stock and only a small amount are unavailable still.

So I cant decide whether as a line - its not been selling or working for them therefore they are not stocking them at all or if local sales havent worked so everything is headed to online for them on this particular brand. Or if they are just going to wait and re stock when the UK finally picks up some of the new line.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

PDUTogepi

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 09:04:32 AM »
My local Tesco hasn't had any single brushables for the last 3-4 weeks, but this past week I noticed they had put something over the price tag for them which said they would be available on the 31st of August, so it seems to suggest they were just waiting for the new wave of singles to come in. I'll be checking it out tomorrow to see what's there :)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
I hope it's just them sending the old waves back so they can prepare for the new stock to come in. I swear I've seen less toy sales and movement in other sections of the 'unholy amounts of pink' isle in Tesco.

The local toy shops here that usually get waves of new ponies have Cadance, the castle and the wedding packs with the mane 6, but nothing else. Their old stock hasn't moved in ages, so I hope they don't just pull the stocks of the line.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »
Ooh I hope it means new ponies!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 10:43:27 AM »
Hmm well my local Sainsbury's had blind bags and then when I've gone back since they're not there, there's not even a price sticker on the shelf. The shelf they were on has been stocked with fakies instead. But they have a lot of the Moshi Monster and Hello Kitty blindbags around but no where seems to stock G4 Blindbags.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
My local Tescos had loads of travelponies in, then DR and CP arrived and they sold out immediately. They had a couple of travel ponies left for a few weeks plus the CMC set, and as of a couple weeks ago no singles and the same two CMC sets. The labels are still all on the shelves though.

I soooooooo hope they are restocking with the new releases, it's Xmas shopping time now with the kids back at school so fingers crossed...

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Gogobinsin

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 02:16:41 PM »
My closest tesco stopped selling any ponies a while back. There's no space on the shelf for them either so they're not just sold out :( My second closest still has some singles (all AJ and RD), Royal Castle Friends and CMC sets soo maybe you guys are right and this sale and sudden disappearance of them means new wave - Lyra and co.? I doubt my local store will get them back at all though.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
My local Tesco hasn't had any single brushables for the last 3-4 weeks, but this past week I noticed they had put something over the price tag for them which said they would be available on the 31st of August, so it seems to suggest they were just waiting for the new wave of singles to come in. I'll be checking it out tomorrow to see what's there :)

Oh thats interesting! I guess I know I ll be going via a Tesco on the way home tomorrow just in case!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
I went to Sainsburys on Monday, and  Tesco yesterday and neither of them had ponies in stock *sigh*   I bought blind bag wave 4 ponies at sainsburys a few weeks back but since I bought the last ones they had,  they havent restocked :( 
I hope that somewhere will get the new ones in soon, and I still need to finish my travelling /luggage set too

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal