Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Twinkle Eye Question

(1/2) > >>

cowboyopossum:
I only have 2 TEs in my collection at the moment, (Locket and Gingerbread) and while cleaning them I noticed they are a bit harder than the average pony. Is it supposed to be that way? Did mine suffer from plasticizer leakage at one point?

BlackCurtains:
No, it's not just yours. They are a harder plastic. Ponies in the Gingerbread pose seem to be harder even when not TEs. I've never had a Locket but my Dancing Butterflies is harder too.

cowboyopossum:
Strange... Is it just the molds themselves?

BlackCurtains:
Could be. I know the Gingerbread pose was originally a male pose and like the Big Brothers, they are a little bigger and thicker.

Some early ponies in the Moondancer and Glory poses are sometimes too thin. So it might be possible that Hasbro made later poses thicker. Or sometimes it's just the head. I find ponies in the Tootsie pose have pretty hard heads :lol:

Snapdragon:
I believe (and someone can correct me if I'm misremembering!) that they were made to be a little harder plastic because they have the gem eyes? But even as I say that, I feel like my Fizzy is pretty squishy, so maybe it's just a random manufacturing thing. I do know I've come across absolutely rock-hard Sweet Stuffs, almost every single one I've ever had! So maybe it's an issue with the pose, since Sweet Stuff is in the same pose as Gingerbread? Maybe it's just that blocky 'boy' pose is made a little harder! And also Locket, for some reason? :think:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version