Creativity > Customs

UPDATE AND REVEAL: ! Help! I bought a three legged pony!

(1/5) > >>

ScotchHop:
Woops! I bought a three legged pony.

If I had read past the words 'played with' condition, I might have seen 'amputation' further down in the description.

This is my first time trying to post an image, but in case it doesn't work...here's the description... I accidentally bought the sister of the Apple Delight loving family with only three legs.

I'm not opposed to trying my hand at epoxie sculpt, but i've never done anything like this before.

In the experienced opinion of customisers / restorers, is this even worth trying or is a missing leg just too much work?

I've been thinking of ways I could take a mold of the existing leg of a baby in the same pose and use it to make a new leg.

Any advice welcome, even if it's to cut my losses and bin her :-(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nerdzuka:
its not that hard to work with! I'd suggest putting some kind of armature underneath of some sort! Just make sure to wear gloves and sand it down after 24 hrs

lovesbabysquirmy:
totally repairable.  Display only, of course

ScotchHop:

--- Quote from: Nerdzuka on June 23, 2021, 05:44:12 AM ---its not that hard to work with! I'd suggest putting some kind of armature underneath of some sort! Just make sure to wear gloves and sand it down after 24 hrs

--- End quote ---

I like your optimism! Can I ask what an armature is? Google wasn't very elightening!

Thanks

Eruna:

--- Quote from: eistewart on June 23, 2021, 06:54:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: Nerdzuka on June 23, 2021, 05:44:12 AM ---its not that hard to work with! I'd suggest putting some kind of armature underneath of some sort! Just make sure to wear gloves and sand it down after 24 hrs

--- End quote ---

I like your optimism! Can I ask what an armature is? Google wasn't very elightening!

Thanks

--- End quote ---
An armature is a support that you put inside of a scultpute, kind of like a skeleton. In this case, I would pobably build an armature out of aluminum foil, stick it in the leg hole, and sculpt a new leg around it with apoxie sculpt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version