collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 4DE back on track?  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
4DE back on track?
« on: April 26, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »
Toywiz and BBTS both list the 4DE Luna plush as available in April or May-  could it be she will actually finally be made?

I noticed she is $10 higher and price than previously- but since the anticipated ship date seems to be so soon, I went ahead and ordered her (again).

I had originally ordered her from a comic shop back in 2014- yes, 2 years ago.  After about a year of delays- I finally cancelled my order.  I am not regretful as the comic shop DC'ed the item.

Here's hoping she actually comes this time! http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FDM10011&mode=retail
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 4DE back on track?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:56:39 PM »
Hopefully she'll be up for sale soon, I missed their Trixie plush as I was waiting for another plush to be released to save on shipping.
Weren't all the newer 4de plushies back then listed at $25 or so? Luna's a much more complex plush than the Mane 6, even Trixie costs more (Though that's due to her hat and cape).

What concerns me, there was a comment on 4de's facebook, saying something about 4de losing their license due to the issues they've had over the past few years. I don't know the validity of this, and I haven't gotten a chance to email 4de service. Hoping 4de still comes out with more plushies, they did show off smaller sizes, a Big Mac and Muffins plush at some point. Would love to add those to my collection.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:01:15 PM »
Hopefully she'll be up for sale soon, I missed their Trixie plush as I was waiting for another plush to be released to save on shipping.
Weren't all the newer 4de plushies back then listed at $25 or so? Luna's a much more complex plush than the Mane 6, even Trixie costs more (Though that's due to her hat and cape).

What concerns me, there was a comment on 4de's facebook, saying something about 4de losing their license due to the issues they've had over the past few years. I don't know the validity of this, and I haven't gotten a chance to email 4de service. Hoping 4de still comes out with more plushies, they did show off smaller sizes, a Big Mac and Muffins plush at some point. Would love to add those to my collection.

Luna and Celestia were always way more expensive- they were $48 or something (back in 2014 when they were previewed).

I think even if 4DE lost their license to make further products- the ones that have been ordered and which are in production will likely, eventually, arrive.

There is a comic store selling Trixie on ebay for $26.99 with free shipping if you are still looking for her... they seem to have all of the current 4de ponies.  Seller name is manji12blades

Offline lordalexander74

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »
That's a great deal on that Trixie plush, bought it instantly. A lot less expensive than buying her from 4de directly.
Still hoping for more 4de plushies, the quality is amazing for the price.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »
Well, I'm guessing the princesses will eventually be made since RD, Trixie, Alicorn Twilight, and the others all got made. They may be delayed a few months to a year from from the promise date, but they'll get there eventually. I can't really say it's a bad thing for me, since it gives me more time to save up.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
That's a great deal on that Trixie plush, bought it instantly. A lot less expensive than buying her from 4de directly.
Still hoping for more 4de plushies, the quality is amazing for the price.

Yeah- thanks to you I bought one too!  Plushies are dangerous because they take up SO much room but I have really really loved the 4DE ponies that I have so far- such beautiful quality and proportions. My favorite by far after actual custom ponies by WhiteDove and Skeen :D

Offline lordalexander74

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 02:28:40 PM »
http://planetplush.deviantart.com/art/4DE-Maud-Pie-Prototype-606720187

Apparently this artist worked with 4de, doing prototypes for Maud, the CMC and Flutterbat. Would've loved these as official plushies.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 02:51:10 PM »
That would be a really cool plush to have! I just don't know if I can justify the price tag for myself... Would love a Flutterbat, too, btw. :D

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 07:21:06 PM »
I wish they did not lose the license.  Finally we get show accurate plushies...and of course, the company has issues getting them made...sigh, I wanted to collect all of Ponyville and more XD

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 02:19:13 PM »
http://planetplush.deviantart.com/art/4DE-Maud-Pie-Prototype-606720187

Apparently this artist worked with 4de, doing prototypes for Maud, the CMC and Flutterbat. Would've loved these as official plushies.

That is awesome- love that style. Looks like he/she may have been key in developing the entire pony line, based on the fact that they are selling a pdf pattern- pretty cool!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 02:25:16 PM »
That's SpaceVoyager's dA.  She's a member here and makes AMAZING plushies.  :D 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 04:35:46 PM »

Oh that's awesome!  How cool that she worked for 4DE?  I am sorely tempted to buy one of her patterns- as IF I had time to sew ponies.  But what stops me is that I don't have an embroidery machine and I think they look way less good without the embroidery...

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 07:05:14 AM »

Oh that's awesome!  How cool that she worked for 4DE?  I am sorely tempted to buy one of her patterns- as IF I had time to sew ponies.  But what stops me is that I don't have an embroidery machine and I think they look way less good without the embroidery...

Get patches made?  I know people on Etsy make them.  You can just whip stitch them on! 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 09:38:14 AM »

Get patches made?  I know people on Etsy make them.  You can just whip stitch them on!

Hmmm, that is not a bad idea...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 11:24:05 AM »
She is stuuuuuuning! I cant wait to see if she finally turns up.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal