collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 52396 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1635 on: March 24, 2024, 10:15:14 PM »
The Pokebank is going to be shut down officially soon so now I'm trying to stock up on all the Vivillon forms to keep in my Pokemon Home.  I like to breed Level 1 Scatterbugs so that I can give them to my niblings and it's a surprise which one they get when they evolve them.  I only have 2 forms left on my PAL DS (Sun and Tundra) but it takes so long to get to the Pokemon Day Care that I'm worried I won't manage to get it all done like I want before the Pokebank closes and I can't get them transferred over.  Plus I have to catch a bunch of Pokemon on my NTSC DS in order to trade them off of the PAL DS because the NTSC DS is the one my Pokebank is on that will connect to Pokemon Home. 

First world problems or what?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 10:18:18 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1636 on: March 25, 2024, 10:06:00 AM »
is it weird that i'm a bit insulted when i visit a client website i worked on many years ago and find it's completely updated?
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1637 on: March 25, 2024, 10:52:41 AM »
I'm so sick of dealing with the government. Why do they make everything so hard? I need a letter from the IRS saying that I didn't file taxes for 2023. There is an option to do this online via a video call. First I had to take pictures of all my documents and my face so they could ID me. They said they could not verify my phone number, so I printed out my AT&T bill that has my name and address on it. Then I had to redo the pictures of my ID... twice! Finally my documents are approved for the video call. It takes me to a page where I have to set up my camera and make sure I do all this junk. Then the video call page says the wait time is two hours and I have to keep the page open or I'll lose my place in line. It's no better than calling them! No way I'm waiting two hours. I will try again tomorrow early. At least it saved my progress so i shouldn't have to redo all I've done already.

There is a third option by mail but I've done that the last two times and they keep sending me letters that say it's delayed, so that doesn't work either.

I just need them to say I didn't file taxes. HOW IS THAT NOT SIMPLE?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1638 on: March 26, 2024, 04:56:36 AM »
I'm just gonna put this in spoiler. TW wild animal traffic accident

Yesterdag night, a cargo train ahead of us broke down on a single track route so we were locked north of it standing by a station. Another train going the opposite direction were locked on the other side of the broken down train. We were waiting for a help train to come move the broken train away, but it also broke down on the way.. So it was decided that we should switch trains and go by bus inbetween. That is 90 minutes by bus/an hour by train. I rarely have this route to begin with, I hate it as it's always problems happening with delays. Last time I had it was septembre last year. So it's late evening, we've been waiting for almost two hours at this point when it was decided about the bus. It's around 10 pm and we're on this bus inland going on little dwindeling roads and I'm so lost I can't point to north because of all the turns. As I'm a traindattendee I sit right behind the driver so I can grab the mike if anything needed saying to the passengers.

Spoiler
Out of the blue, this reindeer comes up before us and there's no way around it. We hit it. So the bus stops and we back til the reindeer and it's alive. But it can't move it's backlegs :cry:. It's hurting and stressing and all I want to do is cry but I have to remain professional. I'm in uniform. None on the bus is a hunter. The bus has nothing to help put the poor thing out of it's misery.
Since it's the property of sapmi we have to call the police which I do. I can't tell exactly where we are and the bus drivers dialect is so heavy I can't interpret what he's saying so he ends up talking with the police. In the end they ask if they can send me a link to share my location through the phone with them. I do. So now they have my coordinates. The busdrivers is asked to give his information and we're told we can go.
My last view of the reindeer is of it cuddled up at the snowbank. It lays like it's just resting. It's not stressed anymore and don't look to be in too much pain. But I hate to leave it there. I wanted so much to sit by it, hugging it, telling it it's not alone.. but going near it would stress it more so I just watched from a distance. The police said they're not too far away so I think it's just a matter of fiteen minutes tops.

An hour later, as we've arrived at the new train the police calls again and wants to know where the raindeer is. I mean, it's still alive? Alone? Hurting? :wail: I mean, they got the coordinates! How can they not have found it?! It couldn't move! I want to cry again! The busdriver talks to them again. He gave me the phone, we said goodbye and we're off on the train. We're super late at this point. I'm finally home at half past 2am. I was supposed to end my shift at 11 pm.

It takes til I am home to break down crying. I cry so much Ninja jumps up on the bed and lays next to me when I try to sleep. He never does that. But he knows. Sweetest thing. I slept poorly. I woke up after just three hours. Cried all morning. Hubby came home. I talked to him while crying. I can't get it out of my system. I have this picture of it locked in my head.

and this is another problem.. and a reason why I think John has some diagnoses. He's usually very sweet and kind. I had texted him about the accident and he had brought chocolate with him when he came home.. but I am crying my eyes out telling him about my experience and he listens, says it's sad and then goes "speaking of something completly different, I have this money on google testing that expires in four days and I need to buy something in the appstore but I don't know what!" Like, seriously? I've been through some major trauma and you want to discuss imaginary money? He didn't even give me a hug! :cry:

I've been checking the incident report the police gives out about events and they have posted nothing about it. The only thing about something similar is three days ago.. it's like they never went to it.. :(

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1639 on: March 26, 2024, 08:10:38 AM »
that's horrible Beldarna :hug: :hug: that sounds really traumatizing.

BC, i think it's hard on purpose so people give up and don't seek out benefits you're eligible for. i agree it seems like something that should be very simple or something they should be able to validate without having you jump through hoops.

today is adding up to be a cursed day. bridge collapse, SCOTUS awfulness most likely. also my dogs aren't getting along today.  yesterday they were snuggling together. Luna has an upset tummy so i think that's the issue. i want to crawl back in bed and restart. i feel so awful for the people who were on that bridge. it's terrifying.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1640 on: March 26, 2024, 08:37:43 AM »
Beldarna, I would absolutely been traumatised in that situation. That sounds like an awful incident, and I hope the police managed to find the poor deer before it suffered too much. I genuinely am still traumatised by a time I saw a bus run over a pigeon. >< I can't imagine how awful it would've been to see the animal still alive but suffering afterwards.

I'm sure your husband did care how you felt...it may just be that he was trying to distract you and it was the wrong thing at that moment.
Spoiler

As a person "with diagnoses",  I want to stress that the stereotype that having certain diagnoses means lacking empathy has been debunked. Science has proven most ND people have more intense emotional reactions to situations and moods but can struggle to express them.

I certainly can relate to that, as I remember being cyberbullied as a teenager and sitting at the computer crying my eyes out, but at the same time typing jokes to another online friend because them asking me if I was ok would overload me beyond what I could handle. Because of that, when I later tried to call out the bullies, people didn't believe me.

Handling other people's emotions can also be like that. Some of us do better with actions than words in knowing how to react to someone else's pain. I feel like even if he made a mess of it, the fact your husband brought chocolate meant he did care and was trying to do the right thing, even if it didn't really work.

My trivial complaint for the day.

The road accident I mentioned on Saturday night. Well, we know the details of what happened now, which was apparently a young lad who had had a bit too much to drink losing control of his car and crashing into the wall opposite. The reason this is a trivial complaint, however, is that today is now Tuesday, the wall is still highly unstable, and the Council have not only not closed the bus stop, they have also left the pathway open.

A local cat walked past it earlier. It took one look at the wobbly wall and took a wide diversion INTO THE ROAD to avoid walking near it. The local CATS know its dangerous, but apparently not the local officials.

There was an article a paper here recently which I shall not name, claiming that bullies do better in life with jobs and income. And there was all this discussion about whether we should be teaching children to better harness aggressive impulses into positive attainment. And I say...no. We should stop fashioning recruitment systems that allow people who are horrible to get good jobs by blagging their way in through connections or the interview process, and start valuing people who are actually nice, caring and competent in those roles instead. I am sure I'm not the only person who's worked in an organisation where the lower paid, competent, nice people are constantly covering for the overpaid people in the big offices who can't do their own recycling and throw a fit if someone doesn't organise their day for them.

@Beth, BC, it's not so much they don't want people applying for benefits they're entitled to. A lot of people who go through the process of claim correctly, at least over here, still have trouble getting their benefits.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:38:58 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 26, 2024, 08:39:41 AM »
Beldarna,  :hug: :hug:  :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

I'm usually a pretty optimistic person, but lately it's gotten to the point where I don't even want to open the mailbox because there might be letters from the insurance company or someone else that is bearing bad news.  It's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I have to get up early to go to work/look for assignments.  The last couple of days that I've gotten up early to look for assignments, I fell asleep without meaning to and woke up an hour or so later.  I don't usually have a problem getting up on time/staying awake unless I'm sick or exhausted.  I shouldn't be so exhausted anymore.  I feel guilty about going back to sleep even though I shouldn't.

My mom has trouble seeing some things and tripped over the dog in the hallway.  Her knee is bruised.

Still waiting on the IRS to process my tax return.  It seems like it's taking a lot longer than it should. Nothing should be wrong though since the accountant/tax office has done my taxes before without a problem.

I heard about the bridge collapse too.  I have a fear of being trapped in a car underwater to the point where when a scene showing just that showed up unexpectedly in a movie it was a bit of a shock because I didn't see it coming.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1642 on: March 26, 2024, 10:03:54 AM »
Oh Beldarna! :hug: That would have traumatized me too. How horrible :( When my best friend got her first car when we were 16, we went driving by Lake Michigan. There were ducks in the road and we both figured they would move out of the way of the car. They didn't :( I can still remember the metal thunks as they hit the underside of the car. We stopped and none were dead, but who knows how many had trauma to theirs head and died later. That sound still haunts me. I can't imagine what hitting a large animal would be like.

I'm sorry that John was so insensitive. At least he brought you chocolate.

Beth, I agree about the government making it harder so people give up. I also know the tech they use is seriously out of date. Like they give how many billions to defense but they can't buy themselves new computer systems? It's ridiculous.

And yeah, that bridge collapse. I have nightmares about that happening to my dad since he drove truck all over the US. I also have nightmares of it happening to me in a car. I don't know the details of how or why the ship hit it, but you'd think a captain of such a large ship would be better at knowing where it can and can't go. Okay looked it up, saw a gif. The ship kept losing power and they tried to avoid the bridge support but it was too late. It happened so fast, those people had no time to react :(

Hugs all around :hug:

My complaint is small. My lips are bloody and broken again. I'm seriously thinking of getting a small humidifier I can put on my nightstand while I sleep. I think it's so stupid that I'd need one here in Florida, but I don't know what else to do.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:48:16 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 26, 2024, 05:30:14 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the hugs etc.  :grouphug:
I haven't heard anything from dad, but I thought I could call him over the weekend and ask if the doctor has called him yet.

Oh no Beldarna, what have you been through! So horrible and sad! :heart: :sad:

I shouldn't watch any news broadcasts on TV. :nope: Only war, death, accidents (and the ongoing strike in Finland) have been the topics of these days and they will be tomorrow as well. That video of the bridge collapse in Baltimore was shocking!  :scared: :(
:zzz:

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 27, 2024, 02:30:48 PM »
The city bus honked at me to turn left (they were behind me in the left-hand turning lane), but if I turned, I’d stop on the lightrail tracks. Honk all you want, buddy! I’m not getting into an accident for your sorry bum! You’d think the city driver would have more patience/decorum, but no.  :wacko:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 27, 2024, 03:24:30 PM »
I saw the video/stuff on the news about the bridge incident, sounds like a technology fail. So sorry for the families of those affected. It must've been terrifying to be caught up in that :/

I agree that the news these days is often scary and negative. I think what scares me most is the amount of news generated by something not quite true or how stories get twisted into something else - whether by media or social media or whatever. I always read multiple sources to get a good grasp on what is going on, but some of the ways in which things are interpreted worries me...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1646 on: March 27, 2024, 04:49:36 PM »
This might be a bit controversial... but AI.

Remembering I'm an artist myself, I do use an image generator. I like playing around with it and entering weird prompts to see what it gives me. A lot of my artist friends are like, 'if you use AI to generate art, it's stealing from real artists', which I can agree to somewhat. I've been interested in AI and robotics for a long time and I've followed along with the technology. Most AI are trained on programs written by the AI developers. It really depends on where you go. Most of the big name gens do use stolen stuff, but there are still small gens out there that forbid a lot of things.

Anyway, my complaint is that each time I see a friend post a meme or say something about AI images, I feel shunned and like an outsider. It also keeps me from sharing my images on my personal social media. Which is a shame, because I've got some really neat stuff.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 27, 2024, 05:53:10 PM »
Beldarna  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
That sounds terrifying!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 28, 2024, 05:15:17 AM »
I think that probably AI art has developed beyond where people are ready to manage it or set limits, work out credits, etc. It's a complicated minefield.

I'm not an artist, but I as someone who writes a lot, I won't pretend that I'm positive about people using AI to write stories or articles.  I don't know if it is the same or different as with pictures, though. :/

My biggest fear around AI is that it actually isn't AI but computer learning, and what it's learning from is often an internet full of division, hate and stereotypes. There have been some worrying creations from AI when given certain prompts about certain groups...until we have an actual interface capable of learning and judging independently from what humans put out, I feel like it's a pretty risky thing to be relying on. I'm also worried about how it is used in video to create deepfakes.

But that is a bit different from AI art as well.

I just think that probably needs wider discourse about how it's used/what credit systems exist/how it can be managed. All art and creative stuff has inspiration in something else, whether it's a walk in nature, or an experience, or a person...or whatever. It's just working out how to manage that line to keep it to inspiration...I guess?

Very. Very. Complicated.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 28, 2024, 05:37:23 AM »
Artist here, AI has become terrifying. I was planning on going to an animation/fine arts school and now, I don't know if it is worth it. AI is awfully easy for ANYONE to use, and I am fearful that people will use Sora to make fake videos for evidence in court. Just horrifying...                                                                                                                                                               

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal