collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread  (Read 93140 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread
« Reply #465 on: March 03, 2015, 03:04:46 PM »
I don't know that the new budget dolls are 'out' yet in too many places. The easiest way to identify them will be the new box style. Are the SU boxes like this? I think so but can't remember. Also, if the doll has a ring, it's not a budget doll. Here's someone's pic from instagram, if you know who it belongs to please tell me so I can give credit.

EDIT: Apparently some budget dolls do have rings and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. Looks like they are re-releasing the Hat Tastic line in budget form as well.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:30:00 PM by Salli »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 03, 2015, 11:11:36 PM »
At the Walmart near me the shelf tags for the EAH sigs now have the same price as MH sigs. Since they only had an old box Apple and Briar left I'm going to assume that they are getting the new box sigs in.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 03, 2015, 11:17:51 PM »
I've seen a few new box Sigs around. Raven appears to be exactly the same between releases, and Blondie only differs in having straight bangs instead of curled. Everyone else is missing various pieces - earrings/rings/bracelets, unpainted accessories cast in one solid colour, legwear either removed or changed quality, straight hair where it would have been curled before, and in Ashlynn's case, missing decal stickers on their accessories too.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 04, 2015, 12:31:41 AM »
I've made a list of the differences between the originals and re-releases for the EAH guide over on the MHArena for those interested in the nitty-gritty XD

*First Chapter - Re-Released Signature Royals & Rebels*

The signature Royals & Rebels from the previous waves 1, 2 & 3--Apple White, Raven Queen, Briar Beauty, Madeline Hatter, Ashlynn Ella, Blondie Lockes, C. A. Cupid, Cerise Hood, Cedar Wood, Dexter Charming, Lizzie Hearts, and Holly & Poppy O'Hair--were re-released as of late 2014/early 2015 under the line name First Chapter. It seems likely that Hunter Huntsman will be re-released in this line as well, but this is not yet confirmed.

[more stock images needed]

Notes:
- These re-releases are not exactly the same as the original signature dolls; they have some simplified details and/or omitted accessories:
  • Apple is missing her ring, bracelet and earrings, as well as her tights. Her shoes are unpainted.
  • Raven appears unchanged from her original release.
  • Briar's hairstyle no longer has its "rose". She is missing her ring, bracelet and earrings. Her tights are plain black, and her neck/shoulder piece is unpainted.
  • Maddie's hair is no longer curly. She is missing her ring and earrings. Her gloves, necklace, teacup headband, purse and shoes are unpainted.
  • Ashlynn is a single release instead of in a 2-pack with Hunter? (not confirmed - has not yet been found in stores) Her lips are a brighter pink and her hair is shorter and curled. She is missing her bracelet and earrings, as well as the clock-face sticker on her purse.
  • Blondie's bangs are straight. Otherwise she appears unchanged from her original release.
  • Cupid is missing her ring, bracelet and earrings. Her belt, shoes, quiver and bow are unpainted.
  • Cerise's white streaks are only in her bangs. She is missing her ring and bracelet.
  • Cedar no longer has a sheer gloss on her lips. She is missing her ring, bracelet and earrings. Her socks are missing the loose ribbons, and are a coarser weave. Her shoes are unpainted.
  • Dexter is missing his scarf, backpack, lapel pin and belt loop charm/chain. His jacket sleeves are uncuffed.
  • Lizzie is missing her ring. Her shoes, crown, neck ruff, and purse are unpainted.
  • Holly & Poppy are still in a 2-pack and appear unchanged from their original release.
- Each doll comes with a stand, brush, and fold-out story bookmark.
- These re-releases use the new box style ("book spine" facing forward).

The guide post also has the Hat-Tastic Party re-release differences  ^.^ (or I should rather say :()
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 04, 2015, 03:35:30 AM »
:bigups:  thanks so much for the info.  I just came across Maddie as a budget release in TRU so those have made it to the UK already. Not seen the others yet

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 04, 2015, 04:28:30 AM »
Thanks for the info on the budget dolls, Zombelina! Poor Maddie... no curls.

The Spring Unsprung dolls do have the new packaging. And a very unatractive Netflix label on the box XD I wonder if they'll release budget dolls for them.

I'm kinda surprised they're releasing budget dolls for the Hat Tastic line. They're an older line and I assumed out of production since they went on to SU.

Oh, Toys R Us is having another sale on EAH dolls :) SU Holly is sold out again! I need her, Cedar and Kitty. I wish they sold Lizze without the playset :P
My Wish List

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 04, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »
I wish they sold her without it too.  I keep seeing her in that little window and she is soooo cute.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 04, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
I love Lizzie's playset! Its so handy. I keep all her extra things in it. lol. I understand wanting her cheaper though. I want to make her a waist cincher thing like she has in the show and poof out her hair. Her shoes are EVERYTHING.

Raye, thanks for that list! Poor Maddie. I am most upset about the missing rings/bracelets/necklaces. I can make stockings and paint accessories but I can't make the doggone rings. Any luck with printing them? I may have to figure out resin-casting...

I'm wishing the re-release of the HT sets mean a releasing of the other characters from that webisode. I NEED HT Lizzie, Raven and Kitty.

Post Merge: March 04, 2015, 07:43:02 PM

When I finishe the pony swaps I'm in I may see if anyone wants to do a private EAH-theme pony swap. I can't think of a doll that wouldn't translate into a cute pony.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:43:02 PM by Salli »

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 04, 2015, 07:49:46 PM »
Hmm, so those budget dolls are the ones I've seen at the targets that are closing here.  I noticed the new boxes more than anything.  I was confused because they are not actually any cheaper =/  At least that would make sense to me.  I just can't imagine Maddie without her curls!

Thanks for all the info!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 05, 2015, 08:06:44 AM »
Hmm, so those budget dolls are the ones I've seen at the targets that are closing here.  I noticed the new boxes more than anything.  I was confused because they are not actually any cheaper =/  At least that would make sense to me.  I just can't imagine Maddie without her curls!

Or her hat! C'me on, Mattel! Her dad is a HATTER. She'd have a hat!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 05, 2015, 12:14:10 PM »

Thanks for all the info!

Well it seems they will at least be cheaper at Walmart. The shelf tags for the EAH sigs are now the same price as the regular MH dolls. Idk why other stores aren't following suit yet.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 05, 2015, 03:51:54 PM »

Post Merge: March 04, 2015, 07:43:02 PM

When I finishe the pony swaps I'm in I may see if anyone wants to do a private EAH-theme pony swap. I can't think of a doll that wouldn't translate into a cute pony.

I'd be interested in doing that :)
My Wish List

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 06, 2015, 08:04:53 AM »
I did a pony inspired by Briar Beauty

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 06, 2015, 08:34:35 AM »
She's absolutely gorgeous!! I love her symbol and her lace legging :lovey:
My Wish List

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #479 on: March 06, 2015, 09:43:34 AM »
That's a really cool swap idea - I bet you'd get quite a few participants if you made it a big swap (but I'd also be interested in doing a private swap with this theme!)

Ordered Kitty, Duchess and Cedar last night from Amazon...I hope I get the proper releases.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal