collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 669
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Wave 5 BB quality control? (these were found in the UK)  (Read 976 times)

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Wave 5 BB quality control? (these were found in the UK)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »
The first BB I ever bought, a Roseluck from wave 1, was absolutely horrible! It almost completely turned me away from getting anymore at all, but I gave them another chance, and thankfully the others I got weren't as bad. So they've really been hit or miss in quality from the very beginning. You just have to hope your lucky, I guess. It can be very disappointing when you're not.

Sorry you got some bad ones!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 01:28:16 AM »
I bought the whole set this week, and don't have too many problems with them. Most of them have extremely tiny blemishes or problems with them, but not bad enough to care about. Ribbon Wishes has some messy paint and black dots on her face, Fluttershy has noticeable black smudges on her, and Flitterheart has a big streak of blue over her eye.

My theory is that Flitterheart is trying to emulate Ke$ha.

All in all, the quality is pretty much what I usually expect for blind bags.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 04:22:46 AM »
I haven't gotten any wave fives yet, but imo, the paint job on the BBs in general is poor.  While some of the ponies look nice, there are many in my collection where the hair/mane paint either doesn't cover all the hair or leaks onto the body.  It also bothers me that some of the ponies have paint "seams" sticking out from where the plasticky paint substance was just slapped on, then dried to form a sort of ridge (especially at the top of the head).  I love the BBs, so I collect them anyway, but I have actively searched for doubles on some of the poorer painted ones.

The little Ponyville ponies had SUCH nice colors!  It looked liked differently colored plastics were used for the separate parts.  With the BBs, it's obvious that its just one chunk of plastic slapped with color.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal