collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 659
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Found something that I thought is quite interesting to share ^^  (Read 1986 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Found something that I thought is quite interesting to share ^^
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »
Most were probably recycled...a couple of "probable" prototypes of the School time ponies have shown up in the past as well as a Starlight Baby.

More often than not prototypes like this are stored for a very short period and then destroyed - mainly so there is no risk of competitors actually getting a hold of them plus often for FMCG products companies dont think the items will have any interest or value in the future and churn through so many items that there is little point in them being stored. The fact that we as a collecting community seem to know more about G1 MLP than Hasbro is an indication of their lack of information retention!

Oh... that's a real bummer then. :( I heard of the old molds being destroyed/recycled, but I didn't know that ponies met the same fate...

Well, joke's on them, since quite a lot of molds managed to be stolen away from Hasbro factories, anyway (as seen on the examples such as Princess "Rinse n' Spit" or Totsy ponies). But I can understand their concerns... 

It's still a pity, though. :(

That Starlight baby looks similar to that Shy pose!Bubbles prototype, in that they're both ceramic figures. Cool. :) Wonder how she ended up with the folks before Lancer...

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 08:20:54 PM »
Awesome, great find!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Pickenprod

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 11:36:30 PM »
Is there a Powder pose one in there, without a unicorn horn? (To the middle left of the photo)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 04:32:01 AM »
Most were probably recycled...a couple of "probable" prototypes of the School time ponies have shown up in the past as well as a Starlight Baby.

More often than not prototypes like this are stored for a very short period and then destroyed - mainly so there is no risk of competitors actually getting a hold of them plus often for FMCG products companies dont think the items will have any interest or value in the future and churn through so many items that there is little point in them being stored. The fact that we as a collecting community seem to know more about G1 MLP than Hasbro is an indication of their lack of information retention!

Oh... that's a real bummer then. :( I heard of the old molds being destroyed/recycled, but I didn't know that ponies met the same fate...

Well, joke's on them, since quite a lot of molds managed to be stolen away from Hasbro factories, anyway (as seen on the examples such as Princess "Rinse n' Spit" or Totsy ponies). But I can understand their concerns... 

It's still a pity, though. :(

That Starlight baby looks similar to that Shy pose!Bubbles prototype, in that they're both ceramic figures. Cool. :) Wonder how she ended up with the folks before Lancer...

The moulds arent stolen its actually like reverse engineering :) A factory would have an actual pony and create a new mould from this. Thats why fakies are often less defined in their detail and sometimes even a little smaller or larger than the original ponies. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal