collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Hair Color help needed  (Read 863 times)

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
G4 Hair Color help needed
« on: September 14, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
I added a G4 hair color guide to the site (http://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/G4/G4hair.html) and there are a few ponies that I don't own so I can't match their hair.

Does anyone own these ponies and can tell me if their hair matches any other G4 ponies that are not listed? For instance Blossomforth's pink matches Pinkie Pie's pink. I am looking for an EXACT match, not similar.

1. Skywishes
2. Rainbow Flash
3. Star Dreams
4. Cheerilee (Schoolhouse version)
5. :muffin: Pony (Fashion)

I appreciate any help!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Hair Color help needed
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:47 PM »
Fairly sure Skywishes yellow matches Cherry Berry, a shade in Cherry Pie's hair, a shade in RF's hair, teh yellow in Cadencess hair...
Skywishes otehr colors match Cadence too, and Rainbow Flash. Also, lots of Rainbow Flash's hair colors match RD. I don;t have her, but I'm pretty sure :muffin: Pony's hair matches AJ's and a shade in Cupcakes hair.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

latis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »
rainbow flash:
yellow matches rainbow dash
orange matches rainbow dash
pink matches pinkie pie
purple matches cupcake

Skywishes:
purple matches cupcake
pink matches pinkie pie
yellow matches rainbow dash

Star dreams:
Pink is a match for lulu luck
purple is a match for cupcake
The blue in stardreams hair is a match for no pony as far as i can tell, I compared it to ploomette, sweetie swirl and starbeam twinkle but as far as i can tell it is not a match to any other blue haired g4

Offline StrawberryReef

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »
Fairly sure Skywishes yellow matches Cherry Berry, a shade in Cherry Pie's hair, a shade in RF's hair, teh yellow in Cadencess hair...
Skywishes otehr colors match Cadence too, and Rainbow Flash. Also, lots of Rainbow Flash's hair colors match RD. I don;t have her, but I'm pretty sure Ditzy Doo's hair matches AJ's and a shade in Cupcakes hair.

Thanks Starly.  Unfortunately, there are some very slight variations in color so I would need you to compare them in person side by side to be sure they are EXACT matches.  For example Cherry Berry's yellow is actually slightly lighter than Cherry Pie's yellow (which matches Cadances hair).

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »
Also, I have an RD with matte orange hair and one with shiny orange hair, the shiny one came from New Zealand with SKywishes, while the Matte one is from Wal-mart in the US, if that means anything. Could just be greasyness, I dunno, it feels shinier.

I really think Lyra and Trixie have the same white as flower wishes, but I don't own the latter so I dunno. The light pink on current Fluttershy matches a shade in the hair of Star Swirl and Diamond Rose. I think schoolwouse Cheerilee is the wave 2 release without bangs who was also released singally, and has the same hair as her. Her light pink matches the original sweetie belle in texture and color, kinda dry, Sunny Rays has that pink too.

Post Merge: September 14, 2012, 03:01:48 PM

Skywishes otehr colors match Cadence too, and Rainbow Flash. Also, lots of Rainbow Flash's hair colors match RD. I don;t have her, but I'm pretty sure Ditzy Doo's hair matches AJ's and a shade in Cupcakes hair.

Thanks Starly.  Unfortunately, there are some very slight variations in color so I would need you to compare them in person side by side to be sure they are EXACT matches.  For example Cherry Berry's yellow is actually slightly lighter than Cherry Pie's yellow (which matches Cadances hair).
Oh sure, I'm a nerd about technical  stuff like this, so I'll do my best!

Post Merge: September 14, 2012, 03:09:07 PM

Comparing my Cherry Berry and all my 4 Cadences: The yellow is EXACTLY the same in color and feel. It seems to match Rainbow Dash, but RD's hair looks more green, but I assume this is just reflection from her green, and it is the same. RF too and Skywishes. Flitterhearts 2 hair colors are the same as the blue and purple in Rd's tail, the purple in RF's tail and mane, (but not sunny rays, her purple is dryer) Luna, Cupcake, NOT Rarity or Twilight. Scootaloo has a unique hair color as far as I can tell. Lulu Luck's green seems pretty unique too, all the green hair does. Dewdrop Dazzle has new FLuttershy;s light pink too (at least mine, some has had her with dryer pink hair) her yellow matches Cherry Berry. Though RD and Blossomforth have the same green.

I would LOVE to see a 'head mold' guide for G4s too!

Edit: I don't have the best lighting, but this me holding the pony's hair side by side and on top of eachother, so it looks very exact to me.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:10:07 PM by Starly »
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »
Great addition to the site :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 07:50:17 AM »
Here's everything except Cheerilee (tested very pickily by me in sunlight, and compared against a collection only missing Nightmare Moon):

Skywishes:
Yellow - Cadance
Purple - Cadance
Pink - Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Flash: 
Yellow - Rainbow Dash and Honeybuzz
Orange - Rainbow Dash
Pink - Twilight Sparkle
Purple - Doesn't match anyone, isn't that crazy?  I had to look really close but she is different than every other pony I picked up to examine. Cupcake starts messing with your mind here, but she is not the same.

Star Dreams:
Purple - Sunny Rays
Teal - Again, no match. Pretty close to Celestia, but no match
Pink/purple - Daisy Dreams

Ditzy Doo:
 AJ, Lily Blossom's lighter colour

Good luck with the project. It is difficult because there is so much variation of hair colours. Plumsweet and Diamond Rose both have multiple hair colour versions that are more obvious, and Rarity seems to have a few more subtle hair colour versions. Anyways, neat addition.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:53:00 AM by BrightIdea »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StrawberryReef

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »
Thank you so much for the help everyone and taking the time to make sure they are perfect matches!

Starly, the head mold guide is a great idea... I will post in the customs forum about questions I have regarding this :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal