collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I want the original mane 6.  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: I want the original mane 6.
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 03:58:46 PM »
That depends if you want show accurate hairstyles or not.

If yes: Go for the blind bags.

If no: They have the plain brushables in little bags still around me, try to find those? They usually cost way less than the other ones.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »
Just as a warning, G4 is VERY BAD with quality control. You will never ever ever find a perfect pony. They have misprinted eyes & symbols, head-body mismatch, messed up hair (cut badly, knotted, looped, bits melted together), dirt/oil/markings/random spots of paint/stuff in the plastic/grossness from the factory, smudged paint, low quality hair... the list goes on and on.

These are well documented problems with the G4 line. Some of them are completely unavoidable and none are the seller's fault, they are entirely the fault of Hasbro. And even if you find a good enough G4 they might develop problems later, like head-body mismatch.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2016, 05:22:07 PM »
The G4s in baggies are cheaper, but they also look / feel cheaper than the boxed G4s.  I have both a "box" G4 Lily Blossom and a "baggie" Lily Blossom and the baggie version has really obvious seams on her head.  Also her eye is lacking some of the detail that the box version has and her plastic just looks / feels cheaper.

Regarding the Funkos . . . They also come in different sizes.  Some are big, some are tiny.  So that's another factor to consider.

Edit:  Oh yeah, the head-body mismatch.  Pretty much inevitable on the brushables.  Even when they were brand new on the shelf they had this issue.

I think this problem might be solved with the reboot brushables;  I was watching MLP Merch's review video and it looked like the head & body matched up perfectly.  (Probably due to finally being made of the same kind of plastic.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:24:52 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 05:38:02 PM »
I think this problem might be solved with the reboot brushables;  I was watching MLP Merch's review video and it looked like the head & body matched up perfectly.  (Probably due to finally being made of the same kind of plastic.)

According to the Rebranding thread AJ has the worst head-body mismatch but it exists for others too. (The photos I commented on aren't working anymore so its hard to be sure.) But those ones were straight from eBay, no box, I believe.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 06:08:52 PM »
The so-called "family moments" ponies:  I have seen that article but I have yet to see any actually appear on eBay.  If you look closely you can see they are still not as show accurate as Funko.

Funkos are different sizes, yes, but the smaller ones have different names:  Mystery Minis or Series 2 etc....the ones that don't have a size name are the 5-6" ones.

Walmart has the $3 brushables in bags, actually I think I see them around here for $2.44 or something like that, and they seem pretty good to me (other than the funny shaped heads):  I poke through them for no reason when I am there and I don't see any head/body mismatch or seams, and as they are walmart you can hand-pick them and they are fully visible in their bags anyway...as well as returnable without scrutiny if you order them sight-unseen online and find a problem with them.

As to the blind bags, they are microscopic!  I just can't take them seriously, and I don't agree that they are show accurate:  the hair might be closer, but Big Mac doesn't even have his collar and I suspect there are other reductions in detail to accomplish such a tiny thing...but, they are dirt cheap and you could own a thousand of them without overfilling your space so....I suppose they are the 21st-century-ready type of pony for when we all live in shoeboxes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:10:44 PM by lostpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal