collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Highlighter in Hair? Help?  (Read 460 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Highlighter in Hair? Help?
« on: May 02, 2013, 01:57:59 PM »
I'm looking for some advice...

I have a white G1 pony tail (I would say it's "White Witch" if referring to DH colors) that has a big giant blotch of yellow highlighter marker in it...

Is there any way I can remove this from the hair? I've tried toothpaste and even scrubbing with magic eraser... Sunfading maybe? Acne medicine? Hydrogen peroxide? Oxyclean?

Any advice? Or should I just make a new tail... ?
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Highlighter in Hair? Help?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »
Have you tried the laundry detergent soak?
Toothpaste or scouring powder (ajax bonami etc) may dull the hair shine away if scrubbed too much.

Laundry detergent (the smelly blue kind) if you pour it into its cap, then throw the whole tail in there and leave it a couple of hours, uuuuusually takes out anything that's going to come out of a tail. Whether its rust (toothbrush rusted area after detergent soak), smells (rub/scrub anyway too) or some staining, usually it'll do the trick.

If it did, shampoo it down with regular shampoo/conditioner after getting all the detergent out and it should be fine & remoisturized. It won't work on actual "hair yellowing" where like, the whole hair has gone wrong, but a blotch like what you say and it really sounds like marker or some other toy stained it up somehow & it's not the dreaded yellowing.

Good luck with this restore!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 03:18:51 PM »
I would try Oxyclean. Always start with the safest. :D

But if nothing else helps, you could try that acne cream. But try everything else first! I have no idea how the hair would react with it, maybe it goes really dry? Maybe nothing happens? I dont know.

The tail is already white so there isnt much to lose, not even yellowing is a risk because it already has that yellow mark. :P

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »
^ Exactly, it's the best color to experiment on because it's white...

I think I'll definitely go with the laundry detergent first, and then if that doesn't work, an oxyclean boil bath and scrub... if it comes down to it I might try something harsher like acne stuff... but, if it's too much I guess I'll just make a new tail...

Thank you for these ideas! I've never used detergent before... but the principle is sound, makes sense to me!!

:sunny:

My Want List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 06:11:37 AM »
It depends on how hard core you want to get :P

I agree with detergent being the best first step and properly soaking the tail in it. But if that doesnt work a colour remover is the next bet - you ll get it in the laundry/cleaning aisle in most big stores but I would advise you to test a bit of the hair first or a similar colour [if you have some] to ensure  you have the right mix before soaking the tail.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
It depends on how hard core you want to get :P

I agree with detergent being the best first step and properly soaking the tail in it. But if that doesnt work a colour remover is the next bet - you ll get it in the laundry/cleaning aisle in most big stores but I would advise you to test a bit of the hair first or a similar colour [if you have some] to ensure  you have the right mix before soaking the tail.

Oh I am SO HARDCORE!! You know it hath!!  :dribble:

But I actually am intrigued, I'd rather have an original tail... so... I'm going to check this out when I stop at the store later this afternoon...  I may have to post with questions about using it... but... why not eh? Worst that happens is what happened in my dream last night...

-yes I had a dream involving pony hair-except it was my hair-and I went to braid it into tiny braids, and perm it... and when I went dunk it in the water, the water like... burned all the hair in half, so I was trying to take out my braids and my hair was falling out... (wow creepy now that I type it) - oh yeah, did I mention I was just about to go on stage to dance for Abby Lee Dance Company?! LOL

Sorry that was a ramble, but, yes I figure, it's worth trying these new techniques that I've never used because at least I can just make a new tail if necessary, if something happens... but I REALLY love hearing about these other products that I've never used before, and they always add another little.. tool in my "restoration toolbelt"
So thanks!

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal