collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bow Tie's eyes!  (Read 1301 times)

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
Re: Bow Tie's eyes!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 12:46:05 AM »
I love any excuse to look closely at my Bowtie...adore ponies with freckles! She has very dark navy eyes and is made in HK.

Like mine  :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 04:07:54 AM »
Blue has a higher UV energy potential from what I recall, and red absorbs blue, reflects red (which is why we see red, the red light is being bounced off to our eyes.)  Red dyes also tend to be less chemically stable overall, but this varies greatly with formulation.

Yup this ^

Its not "fading" its the pigment breaking down in reaction to UV. The problem is "fading" makes us think of something getting lighter but because of the way our eyes and perception of colour as well as the 3 colour printing process as is used here we can get a "more blue" and "darker" shade when you remove certain colours.

This is just a quick example below. All of these were originally the same colour [the purple on the left]. The middle is the purple without the red and the right is the purple without the red and the green. As you see without these 2 pigments the mid purple becomes a dark blue.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 05:53:15 AM »
wow, this is amazing. Thank you all,  such an education! x

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 06:02:20 AM »
Blue has a higher UV energy potential from what I recall, and red absorbs blue, reflects red (which is why we see red, the red light is being bounced off to our eyes.)  Red dyes also tend to be less chemically stable overall, but this varies greatly with formulation.

Yup this ^

Its not "fading" its the pigment breaking down in reaction to UV. The problem is "fading" makes us think of something getting lighter but because of the way our eyes and perception of colour as well as the 3 colour printing process as is used here we can get a "more blue" and "darker" shade when you remove certain colours.

Yeah, but isn't that the definition of "fading"? Decreasing pigment, whether it's ponies, clothes,posters, etc? Just in this case, the different pigments lessen at different rate. It's why sunfading yellowed ponies "brightens" them, depending on the original color.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:03:55 AM by Elisto »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 01:25:26 PM »

Yup this ^

Yeah, but isn't that the definition of "fading"? Decreasing pigment, whether it's ponies, clothes,posters, etc? Just in this case, the different pigments lessen at different rate. It's why sunfading yellowed ponies "brightens" them, depending on the original color.

Yes but I think the problem I am referring to is that when you say "fading" to someone most people [including myself]  think automatically of the whole colour, the whole item getting lighter. And thats what I was trying to say - if we define it as "fading" it does actually cause confusion.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal