collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How Would You Play With Your Ponies?  (Read 921 times)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
Re: How Would You Play With Your Ponies?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »
I don't Play with them any more but they do get handled and moved around alot so they are not feeling forgotten.

But as a kid my childhood ponies and i had great adventures and saved the world alot  :P. So now I like to think of them as retired and having a quiet life.  It is nice though to remember the little games I used to play with them and the ones that I get from other people I would love for them to be able to tell me what they have been through and were they have been in their lives :think:

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 09:41:15 AM »
I can't remember how I used to play with my ponies. Well aside from some fakies, I never had any real MLPs but a close friend owned some G2s we played with. (I didn't even know they were MLP till joining this forum)

As for now, I don't get to play much. My daughter isn't very interested in toys much yet (she's 7 months) and I live with her dad and my dad so it would be pretty awkward to just start playing with toys in front of them. I can't wait till she wants to play with toys though.

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 11:10:52 AM »
When I was maybe five-ish (and I deeply regret it now, they got moldy and had to be thrown away eventually, granted I was not a collector back then >_<) The ponies and those troll figures with the jewels on their bellies were my bath toys, and I used to play "war" with them. The pegasus ponies would carry bombs and drop them on the trolls to reduce their numbers before the earth ponies and unicorns would go in for ground combat. I was a very special child. :blink:

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »
What a cool post! :D

My cousin and I had the best of times playing with our ponies. I would bring my buckets of girls to her house (where we mostly played with them), and we would play all day in her basement. We set up a whole Ponyland, partially based off the G1 cartoons I would check out from the library and share with her. We had a Megan (a blond doll), and gave her an older teenage sister, the redhead Caroline. The ponies' feared enemies were the Destroyers (originally called the Dummies; our goofiness evolved over the years), a queen and her daughter, the princess, who (in our minds) resembled dark fairies of sorts, with tattered wings and fangs. In real life, they were grinning Rapunzel Barbies. :P

Our pony adventures evolved into fantastic book ideas; the first installment being called "The Arrival". This was probably our most-played story, being Megan and Caroline's first adventure in Ponyland, crashing an airplane into a royal announcement in the Celebration Castle (later called Sapphire Castle) courtyard. Needless to say, our adventures did become rather violent, so I will not go into those details. *hides*

Our magical land eventually turned into that of four countries surrounding the "Sea of Lost Souls" (also called the Lake of Illusions), with Ponyland being to the southeast, the Fairy Kingdom to the northeast (Caroline often married the fairy prince), the Destroyers' Empire to the northwest, and the dragons' land to the southwest (the dragons were really added on towards the end of our pony-playing life, mainly for the purpose of the ten non-existent novels I was going to write). We never really played with the dragons, seeing as we had no toys that resembled them. Plus, we never wanted to take away from the Destroyers, who were the ultimate pony killers.

One humorous moment was when we were playing out a war between the ponies and Destroyers, and all of a sudden Queen Fang's head popped off. :blink: As you can imagine, us two little girls laughed our own heads off and declared the old witch dead. After a fair amount of time trying to put her head back on, we had to elevate the current Destroyer princess to queen, and bring in another Barbie (yet another blonde; here you can really see our innocence. We never told blonde jokes at that age) as the new princess.

All in all, the memories of playing ponies with my cousin are certainly some of the best of my childhood, and I hope to treasure them for all the years of my life to come. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:05:15 AM by PrincessStarlily »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
I never actually played with mine. I started collecting when I was a bit older. I did play with my breyers though.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 02:10:53 PM »
My games as a kid were epic. xD I collected model dragons (Still have em, I kept a fair amount of my childhood toys and they all live in my closet, except for my ponies who live on my bookshelf and clash oddly with my extremely metal room xD) and the right side of my room was Ponyland, the left side was the Dragon Kingdom, and between them was a river. The shelf my dragons were on was the dragon castle, the shelves my ponies were on was the pony castle. The dragon empire was peaceful until the queen, Black Magic, was blinded by greed and rage against the dragon king and took all of their jewels and their small little egg and left and formed a dark side with an underground castle that had gargoyles as guards. The small egg was called the Fire Egg and it was the unborn son of Black Magic and The Great Earth Dragon (He was the king, he never revealed his true name) and all the wars were over the egg. He and only he had the power to grow up and defeat his extremely powerful mother, so it was extremely important to whichever side he chose. He could wipe out the dark side and defeat his mother and peace and harmony would be returned to the dragon kingdom, or he could just as easily team up with his mother and destroy his father, plunging the dragon kingdom into a hopeless world of evil and darkness, so there were wars to try and get the egg so it'd hatch and be raised in whichever castle and the baby dragon would be taught to defeat the other side. The Great Earth Dragon's mentor was a crystal dragon I still have, he was too old and fragile to fight anymore. He eventually died when Black Magic burned the Earth Dragon's castle down. The good side had a lot of Chinese dragon warriors now that I think about it... That game went on forever.
Now the ponies come into play too and they were allies with the good army but the dragons didn't want the ponies to fight because they were small and even though unicorns have power they were no match for Black Magic, but the ponies wanted to fight because Black Magic and her army would constantly sweep through and kill everypony in their path, raiding houses and stealing everything of value, eventually the ponies went to war with ALL the dragons since the good army cut ties with the ponies and refused to protect them and let them hide in their shadows any longer. I think the way that game ended was that the Fire Egg finally hatched and their son (Who I'm pretty sure was named Diablo...) was born and raised in the dark castle, but realizing that his mother was evil and a creature of nightmare, he fled to his father's (rebuilt) castle and teamed up with him to defeat his mother's army, and there was a huge epic battle I played that went on for hours. He finally killed her and her most loyal army members, and the rest of the surviving dragons were imprisoned in the dungeons for all of eternity.
The ponies had peace returned to their land too with the death of Black Magic because they were no longer under attack constantly, but they never forgave the good dragons for how they treated them and they never spoke again.

Although I think after the war was over I got bored and started a second war between the remaining dragons and the ponies and the ponies wiped them out and took their land.
The original was the coolest ongoing game I ever had though, other things were like "Whee let's gallop over to Butterfly Island and play on the beach while we're not being slaughtered by dragons, everypony!" "OKAY!" I also played with Hotwheels, Legos, and plastic and stuffed animals a lot. I was never ever a doll kid, but I used to have doll houses so my animals had somewhere to live.

Like I said, my games were epic and I had a ridiculous imagination, some people said it was over active. xDD I'm still like that and can think of epic stories like that, and I do. I'm a writer and an artist now and I still play with my ponies (or legos) occasionally to keep my creativity and imagination in check and just as good as it always has been so I can think of good stories/characters/drawings.

Edit: Oh, I also took all my toys outside a lot. So many adventures with them outside. I had tons of amazing games, but the dragon/pony war has to be one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:21:41 PM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal