collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone remember those plastic charms from the 80's?  (Read 8666 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone remember those plastic charms from the 80's?
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2016, 11:29:56 AM »
Ok, finally I had time to take photos the other night and post them on this thread!  :lol:
Please excuse the terrible photos..  >_< I had my phone set up as a hot spot and the flash never came on because of it...so, I had to edit them through Flickr.

Anyways, an online friend of mine I know through a Facebook B/S/T Vintage toys group knows a ton about these and the original company who made these, Imperial.. Eventually I would like to get them appraised by him but will worry about that later! A few that stand out and are more valuable than the traditional "$3 - $5 commons" are the skis, little purple and white chicken in the egg charm and pink butterfly.. Also, I think the US map.. The purple colored baby bottle is also worth a little higher than the other baby bottles because of its color. I think a couple of mine are knockoffs, but sometimes that's hard to tell because some competitors got really good at making them so close to the Imperial charms. The chains I can tell just by glancing at them and their clasps..

Here's the dark pink chain with the first batch. Unfortunately, my childhood necklace and charms are lost somewhere.. They may be at my grandma and grandpa's house but I haven't been there in years to even look.. I have to find that photo of me as a kid wearing the necklace as a belt..  :biggrin:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's the "She-Ra" pink chain with more! Regarding the chain, it's worth anywhere between $35 - $50 alone. You can tell it's real by the clip (Imperial type) and the pinky flesh color with white-ish colored swirls in it. When Mattel discontinued the She-Ra toy line, they melted the left over plastics and sold it to Imperial for cheap.. This was shortly after the discontinuation of the toyline.. '87 -'88. -- I got this info from my online friend! Sorry I don't have closer photos of the chain right now.. But anyways, I was super excited about my find! :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:32:59 AM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2016, 02:14:51 PM »
You have a great collection Sweet_Stuff.  I was surprised the Flash Charms were discontinued so quickly also. They seemed to be selling well.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2016, 02:22:06 PM »
You have a great collection Sweet_Stuff.  I was surprised the Flash Charms were discontinued so quickly also. They seemed to be selling well.

Ponyfan

Thank you! :D

Yeah, that's really odd... that's what usually happens though.. People start liking something and they take it off the shelves..  -_- I never got to check them out my local store. :(

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2016, 06:00:46 PM »
Yeah I was sad they were discountined right when a Michael's opened here. I was just glad I didn't as able to get just about all of them while they were in clearance
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2016, 06:03:19 PM »
i just bought a frying pan with an egg it in at micheal's this week, i put it on my keys :  )!! its sooo cute i aboslutely love it.

BryteStar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2016, 11:09:05 AM »
Noooo they've been discontinued?!  :yikes: :sad:

I love mine so much...I only have a couple, but they make me so happy!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »
Yeah but some Michael's still have leftover stock on sale. I would buy them up fast.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2016, 01:54:12 PM »
Wow BryteStar. You have a great collection.  :). Are the retro chains strong enough to hold the vintage charms? I have a few that I bought /traded for and am thinking of adding them to my 2nd chain.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal