collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony G1 Complete Series vs Escape from Catrina and other adeventures  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Tracking says mine is in the UK, which means it still has part of an ocean and at least one sea to cross, before it's on my hands.

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
I saw the Escape from Catrina DVD set at Sam's Club last week, so they will possibly both be stocked there too.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
OK so what happened to the series pack.  I've been checking
Walmart since it was supposed to be released on September 30th and it hasn't arrived.  All I've seen is Escape From Catrina.  What happened?  Sorry if this is old news. :blush:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Walmart since it was supposed to be released on September 30th and it hasn't arrived.  All I've seen is Escape From Catrina.  What happened?  Sorry if this is old news. :blush:

I think if you're in the US you have to order the complete series online, I checked several stores for it and had to order it online. Amazon, Target, Walmart and Shout Factory all carry it online.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile

I think if you're in the US you have to order the complete series online, I checked several stores for it and had to order it online. Amazon, Target, Walmart and Shout Factory all carry it online.

Ponyfan

Geeze.  I wonder why online only.  Thanks I guess I'll have to do amazon or maybe walmart.com

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I don't know. I  was disappointed when I couldn't find it in any store.

Ponyfan

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
My copy of the series is waiting for me at home! So even though I have less than a week remaining of my UK holiday, at least I have that to look forward to. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
I'm getting the season set, no doubt about that- then again, I really don't care about the cuts parts, but that just me! XD

(Oh, and Ponyfan, love the sig picture! ^^)

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I'm getting the season set, no doubt about that- then again, I really don't care about the cuts parts, but that just me! XD

(Oh, and Ponyfan, love the sig picture! ^^)

Thank you, :) Shiverdam is making them in the adoptables section     

Even though I knew Rescue at Midnight Castle was cut it was still a little weird just to see the Moochick say "I have a piece of Rainbow somewhere" and see the rabbit handing it to him.  I remember noticing it was cut when it aired on the Disney channel but it had been so long since I'd seen the cut version it that it was a little weird to me.  That being said I'm still enjoying my DVD set. :) 

Ponyfan 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:54:26 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
I saw Escape from Catrina at my local Walmart last week. I have been watching to see if these sets would pop up, but it's really the Complete Series I'm really looking to buy right now. Sad I didn't see it.

|My Collection|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
My DVD arrived while I was away at Ponycon :D Super excited to watch it later~

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
OK so my Dad ordered for me on amazon since he has free two day shipping.  He and I went to the mall today and at F.Y.E. they did have the complete series and my jaw almost dropped but it was nearly $30 and the one that was sold by amazon my Dad ordered for me was like $21.49.  It was even cheaper than Walmart's price which was I think $24.99 or something.

I do have a question and sorry if this has been answered already, besides the order of the episodes is it the same as season one and two of the original DVD release of the series?

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile

I do have a question and sorry if this has been answered already, besides the order of the episodes is it the same as season one and two of the original DVD release of the series?

Looks like it.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
I can just see it now - Hasbro claiming there is little interest in G1 due to the low sales figures for the complete series DVD release.  But judging from the experiences people on this thread have had, the distribution for the set is really spotty and its exposure to the average store customer is likely quite limited.  I mean really... how hard is it to get a DVD title distributed evenly to retailers, and on time?  :rolleyes:

Anyhoo... here's hoping that the packaging for the new release, at least, is an improvement over the original 2003 Season 1 set.  I cringe every time I take my copy out - the G2 cover art, the terrible low-quality insert art on the 'thinpak' keep cases - it feels more like a bootleg than an official release.   :huh:

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
I wonder if we'll get to see the DVD sales figures.  I know amazon need to go into their second wave just to fill preorders.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal