collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 560
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65412 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #645 on: February 23, 2023, 07:32:40 AM »
I'm having bad luck trying to get proper French bread -_- I ordered from Walmart first, like usual, and they were out of the French bread loaves from the bakery so the person subbed in sliced Italian bread. That would be fine, but the slices are too thin. Next I tried Instacart with Publix. The Publix bakery is fantastic, so I figured I'd have no problem. Well, no. The plain French bread was out, so the person subbed a French loaf with sesame seeds! No one wants sesame seeds in their French toast! Ugh! So I chucked both loaves in the freezer for now.

Visiting my mom today along with the care coordinator. Might find out if my mom can come home today or not.

Doing art again. I have a desgin for the challenge finally, so i want to start on that. Just need to find a bait.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 24, 2023, 01:48:23 PM »
being brave & having a go at the double pointed needles!!! Taking a few breaks in between to make cinnamon rolls. Made biccies the other day so we're good there, but I'll need more butter for later (pizza, tortillas, & soup don't use butter though so that's great). I'm lucky if I have more than 10grams unused!!!
What I'm making with the double pointed needles is a skirt for a Pony. If this works I can make more, particularly in yellow The idea is I cast on, then do a 1/1 rib for about a centimetre, then move to stocking stitch & increase. I only need one thing to finish this skirt: dark purple eyelash yarn & the tip for joining a new colour in a round. Ordered the eyelash yarn; it had better make it!!! If I have to wait I have a few other projects to work on in the meantime.
The skirt is for Velvet Bow, & I have the right shades in everything else, & her jumper is knitted but needs sewn (that's waiting for new glasses, as are other jumpers)

BC I hope you find your French bread soon xxx & glad your mum has her laptop
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 26, 2023, 03:34:41 AM »
My seal plushie needed laundered so I got him & a few other things through the machine. Said sealy is in a towel burrito to dry xxx.
Meanwhile going through my knitting projects. My circular needles broke!!! The cable is plastic & it snapped. I had to rescue the stitches, then use glue & a knife to fix them. The knife scraped the old plastic off the needle part, while the glue fixed the rest of the cable to that. It works again & is holding, but I had to knit a jumper on other needles while the glue dried. I'm so lucky, as it's taken a long time to reach where I am in the round project, & I didn't want to lose all that work...

BC sending  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #648 on: February 26, 2023, 05:16:27 AM »
Thanks :hug: I'm feeling ill today but I want to airbrush some ponies. I don't think I'll be going to the hospital today. All that walking and standing yesterday really messed up my back and legs. I'm in a lot of pain. I need a day to rest. Also,

TMI possibly
Spoiler
It's that dreaded time of the month and I'm very heavy so I don't like to leave the house incase of an accident. Plus, all my related pain is in my back and legs. So when they hurt anyway, this is extra and it's just not good.

So today I need to catch up on sleep if I can and work on some art. I need to clean the kitchen too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 26, 2023, 09:13:03 AM »
Cooking breakfast, going to pick up my Barnes n Noble purchases.  Hopefully the snow will have melted by then.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #650 on: February 27, 2023, 05:00:39 AM »
Cleaning the kitchen is my number one priority this morning. The ants have come back :mad: They were in the cat food. I need to take everything up and wash it and spray around the baseboards and door.

After that I can do some art. We're going to see my dad again today too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 27, 2023, 08:34:21 PM »
Silly ants thinking they can go inside a home!!! And that time is not the best for anybody xxx  :hug: :hug: :hug: BC xxx
Enjoy your cooked brekkie LAW!!!

Had to make broccoli & cheese soup, both to use up broccoli & to use up cheese next to it's best before date!!! Got 4 portions out of it & froze 3 along with the florets (all stalks & half the florets went in the soup). Also made a couple of tortillas so I didn't feel so hungry before starting on the soup. Put garlic powder & dried mixed herbs through the dough & they were so good!!!
Meanwhile I did a lot of work on the circular needle project because I don't want another disaster!!!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #652 on: February 28, 2023, 04:29:29 AM »
No one wants sesame seeds in their French toast!

:hiya:

The pros of working from way early in the morning is that I quit early so I have the entire day ahead of me to do whatever. So today the plan is to rate two books I've finnished on Goodread and starting to read the fourth book in the Midsumer series and eat some lunch. I have to clip the claws on Simba..  but afterwards.. probably read some more.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #653 on: February 28, 2023, 05:19:50 AM »
Okay, one person :P

It happened again! With the bread! Why can't I get bread I want?! I wanted hoagie rolls for sub sandwiches and they were out so the shopper subbed sausage rolls. What's a sausage roll? It's a slightly bigger, longer hot dog bun without the split. They're tiny for subs but I'll have to deal with it. I'm also going to give in and use the sliced Italian bread for the French toast. The slices are thin, but I don't know what else to do with the bread. Not today though, I have leftover pizza for today. My last pizza before I go back on my smoothies.

Art today, for real. I haven't actually done anything in a few days, been too worried about my dad, but he's doing really well and was awake yesterday :) So I feel better today. I need to rehair a seapony that's been painted and done and airbrush my Style Challenge pony and two galaxy ponies. I also want to felt a new sheep but a more realistic one.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #654 on: March 01, 2023, 06:32:03 AM »
i haven't been online as much lately. the weather has actually been nice. this is usually the only time of year i actually like living in Texas. today i have a lot of work and also errands to run after work. i've been putting off going to the store to get more dog treats. it's a longer drive so we don't go very often and i've been really tried. i'm also just feeling really stressed today. i don't know if it's work or what. i need to schedule a day off soon.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #655 on: March 01, 2023, 06:50:10 AM »
I have finished the seapony custom :accomplished: Her hair needs to dry and pics taken. I'm about to airbrush those other ponies I wanted to do yesterday.

Today I have rehab for my back. It's my first appointment so it's going to be the assessment. I didn't get to visit my dad yesterday because of the migraine so I want to see him today, and my mom. I also need to mail something from the PO.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 01, 2023, 02:53:28 PM »
Beldarna, enjoy xxx
Beth, yaiy for pleasant weather!!!
BC: well done on finishing sea Pony!!! Look forward to seeing her!!!

Coffee happened & I got a lot of fun stuff, including interchangable circular needles!!! Going to try some out soon...
Finished off a knitting project you can see in Woolcraft thread, & I hope it gets your seal of approval!!! It's the coat Snuggles is wearing in the pic there.
New eyelash yarn arrived so my dpn project can finish.
Got an email from visitor: glasses due end of this week/ start of next. Will get more confirmation nearer the time, then I can sew again!!! It's been a struggle to thread my needles & see my stitches so new glasses will be amazing. Visitor is due on Thursday.
Managed to get the rubbish out, but need to work on the recycling again... Meanwhile I'm trying not to spend money until the weekend, & even then that will be eBay or something else I'll keep you posted about

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #657 on: March 02, 2023, 05:04:40 AM »
I woke up with another bad headache. I can feel it having migraine potential, so I'm taking it easy today. I want to stay home and rest. I did see my dad yesterday but not my mom, and I didn't get to the PO (it was way too crowded and I can't stand in line very long). So today is just an easy day. I want to clean all my veggies and fruits, but that's the only thing. I think I'll watch some movies today. Amazon Prime has The Black Phone and Smile, both of which I want to see.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 03, 2023, 01:17:51 AM »
Got the DPN project done & a new one started. DPNs are great for smaller round projects, with circulars better for big ones.
The visitor came & asked if I don't get blurry after looking at the PC for a while. I found out from there she's my age, & if I need reading glasses, so will she. Told her to go to opticians for an eye test.
Speaking of glasses, they came!!! And the normal ones are great for everything, but OMG the reading glasses!!! Not only are they amazing for text, but also for sewing & knitting. I can thread needles without guesswork, & can literally see every knit stitch so much more clearly!!! Started on my sewing because of new glasses, but was too tired to take it further than a certain point.

After all the stress it's no wonder you need a break BC!!! Your Sea Pony is gorgeous btw!!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #659 on: March 03, 2023, 06:27:35 AM »
I am headache free! For now, at least. I actually feel pretty good right now. My niece is on her way and we're going to see my dad and mom. It's going to be very hot and humid. It's not even 10 yet and the temp is 79.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal