collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89676 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #930 on: January 11, 2017, 11:54:46 AM »
Good luck with all your PoGo endeavors everyone!  :grouphug:
Thanks! Hope that if you do pick the game back up that Lickitung is the first thing you hatch :) TrainerTips Nick (of YouTube fame) was missing that same Pokémon until yesterday, coincidentally.

In the last two days I've either caught, hatched, or evolved to get 15 Pokémon I didn't have before. :shocked:
Cool! Hope you get those last Charmander and Venasaur candies. This event was pretty cool overall; I even saw a wild Charizard (which I missed out on, but the experience was awesome). Now that we're back to the same old, same old, it's kind of boring, but sometimes not. I don't like seeing Venonat, Pidgey, Oddish, Zubat all over my sightings, but the other day I stumbled onto a touristy area near the beach with Seels and Shellders showing on the radar. I almost never see those and want to go back and get a Dewgong. :) I probably should go to touristy places more often. And the other day there was a Wigglytuff randomly wandering my neighborhood, which was fun to catch. And after two running away from me, I found another Growlithe yesterday (yay! love Growlithe) and a very good IV Eevee (say that five times fast).

I'd love it if Niantic did something big and game-changing now; something like introducing trading or player vs. player battles, or even Gen 2. Just something really big and new. A lot of people are well into completing their Pokedex (or pretty much done, like Aluke) or have reached Level 30 and higher, and the game needs more to sustain it. It's still fun, but I think it needs something more. In my case, I fluctuate between slight boredom (open the app; Venonats and Pidgeys spawn around me; nothing) to excitement (oh! this park has a Growlithe, Sandshrew, Diglett, Rhydon, and a Ponyta [didn't find the Ponyta, but that's okay]). A more constant enjoyment would be preferable, lol.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 11, 2017, 12:01:19 PM »
I agree. I'm back to being bored with the game, but I do open it from time to time to make sure I keep my Pokestop and catching streaks going.

Aside from being closer to having the final stages of the three original starters, the event seemed to spawn a lot of less common and rare Pokemon for me and that was fun. Now that it's back to the same old, same old, I'm wishing for gen 2 just so that some of these common gen 1 Pokemon can be replaced.

Has anyone else (in the US) noticed a lot of Tauros popping up? I see them two, three, even four at a time sometimes! They're everywhere! Go away, Tauros! It's becoming the new Pidgey/Weedle/Rattata/Venonat/Nidoran/Zubat of my area.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 11, 2017, 01:32:44 PM »
You have no idea how many Tauros I run into daily... I start wishing for Pidgeys because at least they might be a Ditto.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 12, 2017, 05:11:35 AM »
Has anyone else (in the US) noticed a lot of Tauros popping up? I see them two, three, even four at a time sometimes! They're everywhere! Go away, Tauros! It's becoming the new Pidgey/Weedle/Rattata/Venonat/Nidoran/Zubat of my area.

You have no idea how many Tauros I run into daily... I start wishing for Pidgeys because at least they might be a Ditto.

Ha ha! I don't have Tauros spawning in my area, but I can see where that would be annoying. They're not really useful, whereas other common Pokemon can at least be used for mass evolves, make tolerable gym battlers, or, like Duenia said, might be Dittos. I do feel like there are more Rattatas and Venonats, randomly, popping up now (a Venonat on every corner; I even hatched a Venonat  -_-). So, not Tauros because of where I live, but even if it's just because of post-event-letdown, it seems like common Pokemon are even more common. :huh:

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 12, 2017, 10:27:14 AM »
Here, it's venonats, ekans, and sandshrews everywhere...I even got a 100% IV ekans, haha, it would be awesome if it were, say, a growlithe or rhyhorn, but no, an ekans!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 12, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »
I get a decent amount of Tauros... Living in Seattle gives me a pretty good variety of spawns.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #936 on: January 16, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
Wow Aluke! Congrats!

Niantic has made a tiny nest around the pokestop next to my house! I've had Clefairies and Omastars at first, now there's a continuous Onix spawn!

Ow, and I did hatch Cleffa and Igglybuff

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #937 on: January 16, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »
I hatched a Magby and Smoochum ^.^ they both came out of 10km eggs.

It seems to be back to rats, pigeons and sparrows here. There is no sign of any of the new Pokemon even though there are all the numbers in my Pokedex.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 16, 2017, 06:17:15 PM »
Niantic has made a tiny nest around the pokestop next to my house! I've had Clefairies and Omastars at first, now there's a continuous Onix spawn!
Ooh, nice! I only just got my first Clefable, after a lot of searching for Clefairies and walking her. I don't have an Omastar but I have some Omanytes. Maybe someday!

I hatched a Magby and Smoochum ^.^ they both came out of 10km eggs.

It seems to be back to rats, pigeons and sparrows here. There is no sign of any of the new Pokemon even though there are all the numbers in my Pokedex.

Love pkw xxx
Very nice! Yeah; there's not much around except for Rattatas et al. It's like I can hear crickets chirping at Niantic headquarters ^^; I think eventually they'll add some new content or do another event, but unless I missed an announcement not much is happening right now.

In the meantime I'm just playing more casually than usual and getting into more gyms. My theory is that there may be fewer people playing right now and it's a good time to get coins.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 16, 2017, 10:11:20 PM »
I found a Porygon completely out of nowhere today!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I flipped out!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #940 on: January 17, 2017, 05:26:10 AM »
Ooh, nice! I only just got my first Clefable, after a lot of searching for Clefairies and walking her. I don't have an Omastar but I have some Omanytes. Maybe someday!

Oh, blep. I meant Omanytes haha. I always switch those two!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 17, 2017, 08:25:28 AM »
I found a Porygon completely out of nowhere today!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I flipped out!

That's awesome!

I caught a second Lapras a few days ago, which gave my husband a chance to actually catch one. He's already catching up to my level and he just started a few weeks ago!

There was a Dragonite and a Hitmonlee on my radar last Thursday night, but I didn't really want to go out alone because it was cold and dark, and my husband was busy. :( Oh well, I'll get them someday!

On the plus side, I hatched my first baby! It was a Smoochum.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 17, 2017, 12:12:17 PM »
Oh, blep. I meant Omanytes haha. I always switch those two!
Oh, I switch Pokémon all the time! My sister laughs at me (she's the hardcore Pokémon fan and has played most of the DS games). Sometimes I call Ekans Arbok and Slowpoke Slowbro, and vice versa. I do know which one is which but my mouth doesn't always follow my brain. :lol:

*grabby hands* Me want!

I caught a second Lapras a few days ago, which gave my husband a chance to actually catch one. He's already catching up to my level and he just started a few weeks ago!

There was a Dragonite and a Hitmonlee on my radar last Thursday night, but I didn't really want to go out alone because it was cold and dark, and my husband was busy. :( Oh well, I'll get them someday!
As a non-Lapras-owning player, I must ask, now that you've finally found two: is there a rhyme or reason to where they spawn? Is there anywhere I should look in order to catch one? I have a feeling that it's pretty much random but thought I'd ask ^^; I've heard they're near bodies of water, but my area is covered in thousands of bodies of water and I've never seen one. Sorry about missing out on Dragonite; that's rough. :/ I'm walking my Dratini currently to get one but it may be a few months, lol. Congrats on hatching Smoochum!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:14:41 PM by Haruna »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 17, 2017, 12:15:41 PM »
As a non-Lapras-or-Dragonite-owning player, I must ask: is there a rhyme or reason to where they spawn? Is there anywhere I should look in order to catch one? I have a feeling that it's pretty much random but thought I'd ask ^^; And congrats on hatching Smoochum!

I really have no idea. I only caught my first Lapras a few weeks ago and I've been playing this game since day one. I would assume that Lapras spawns near water but both times I've run into one now, it hasn't been anywhere near water. I've seen Dragonite on my radar a few times now, but it was seemingly random.

Honestly, I'd like to know where the heck Scyther is...
Instagram / Want List

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 17, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »
As a non-Lapras-or-Dragonite-owning player, I must ask: is there a rhyme or reason to where they spawn? Is there anywhere I should look in order to catch one? I have a feeling that it's pretty much random but thought I'd ask ^^; And congrats on hatching Smoochum!

I really have no idea. I only caught my first Lapras a few weeks ago and I've been playing this game since day one. I would assume that Lapras spawns near water but both times I've run into one now, it hasn't been anywhere near water. I've seen Dragonite on my radar a few times now, but it was seemingly random.

Honestly, I'd like to know where the heck Scyther is...

I've had Lapras come up in a parking lot in the middle of Downtown, but it ran away.

Scyther came up once near a T stop. But it ran away. I finally got one during the incubator event when it hatched.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal