collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are these some kind of varients? New pic added 7/14  (Read 1505 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Are these some kind of varients? New pic added 7/14
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
IMO the farther-away Sky Rocket is discolored--I once bought a complete set of Sparkle ponies from someone and they had ALL yellowed (especially Star Hopper).   

On the other hand, all the Moonstones I've come across in person have been powder blue, not that more "baby blue" like the righthand Moonstone, so I think there is something going on there.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 06:07:26 AM »
I had no idea that rainbow ponies were also mail order.  I knew the collector ponies were mail order of the first 8 ponies and then some of the more commonly known mail order ponies after.  Thanks for the info!

No problem - not all the Rainbows got mail order releases just Confetti, Trickles, Pinwheel, Moonstone, Flutterbye and Parasol. Parasol and Confetti were offered with terrifying regularity throughout the mail order process :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 07:14:49 AM »
On the other hand, all the Moonstones I've come across in person have been powder blue, not that more "baby blue" like the righthand Moonstone, so I think there is something going on there.
No, mine really are two slightly different colors. I was surprised to see that difference myself, but it really is there, and matches the symbol difference like the ones FairyDust posted. Also, the one with the larger symbols/lighter body has slightly darker eyes, although I know eye color does vary slightly in general, so that may be nothing.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 07:24:09 AM »
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that one Moonstone was discolored.  I've never seen anything discolor from powder blue to a baby blue.  What I meant by "something going on there" was some kind of release variant.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal