collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CE brushables with Super Squeezy Cider Squeezy DVD  (Read 9856 times)

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: CE brushables with Super Squeezy Cider Squeezy DVD
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »
I still think they should have put a DVD of a different episode with each pony, so that despite the expense of printing multiple episodes, they might sell more if people are trying to collect every episode individually.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 06:45:35 AM »
the mane 6 are nothing but "custom bait" to me,

there needs to be more new charaters, and some new poses too!

prehaps we can finaly get some boy ponies happening too!,
but with  normal brushable hair and a  diffrent mold. ....  shining armor  = epic fail. 

id like to see a rearing pose or a trotting pose , thos would be cool.
and prehaps a closed wing mold for the pegisis

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 08:15:39 AM »

Salli, why aren't you running things over at Hasbro? :lol: (only half kidding)

I don't know either! What I don't get is, that I am not that clever. I am not that educated. And even I can come up with a better line! Who is running this department, a bunch of ducks with computers? Have they ever seen an episode? Okay, so I looked up requirements for interning at Hasbro and I am at least going to take some classes so I could design something professionally if I ever had the chance to.

I agree that ponies should come with different episodes, but I do think it's brilliant to include the dvds with the ponies because the show absolutely HOOKS you XD

Also, I think it might be cute if the CS 6000 had hooks on it to maybe hook it onto the train? I think it needs a button on it that plays the song too. XD
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:23:37 AM by Salli »

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
I like Shining Armor and his puff hair.  I thought they did a very good job with him. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2012, 03:08:30 AM »
I was reading an article the other day about Hasbro's Transformers 4 plans (big screen movie).  They said they are going to do "all new characters" because the Transformers 3 (Dark of the Moon) Toy Line flopped.  They cited the reason is that by movie #3 everyone already had toys for all the main characters.   (I'll post a link later)

So HASBRO!!!! Take that lesson learned and apply it to G4 MLP!  Make new characters!!! Don't let the latest G4 Toy line flop!  PA--LEEESE!!!!

(Edit.  It was a Hasbro rep talking in a Press releasehttp://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-4-revealed-tfw2005-coverage-of-ubs-best-of-americas-2012-conference-175894/)

Transformers has a very different brand approach though - it knows and accepts that its audience is wider than just "little boys". The collecting community in Transformers is staggeringly large and it has always appealed to older collectors who continue to collect after an initial purchase period - i.e. they have a better brand investment, in fact probably one of the best modern day toy brand investments from the general buying public. The merchandising/toy line of a movie [especially one for TF] is also different - the moves are all rated at least "12" in this country - those watching the films and who want the toys therefore are a little different than the early Saturday morning target market of FiM.

The MLP collecting community is much much smaller and the primary target market remains little girls most of whom will not be interested in ponies forever - there is the initial purchase when the toy is on shelves and then children move on, along come the next set of kids in that age bracket and the cycle continues. New kids as they get older being introduced to the show and therefore the need to have the main characters available. Think of it this way - when the show first appeared 2 years ago many of the little girls [and boys] who will tune in for the new show next month would have been far too young to enjoy it - therefore now being old enough to watch they can and they will want TS and Pinkie and RD and the gang.

Its frustrating and I would love love love new toys but unfortunately I can see the reasoning behind it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2012, 12:35:12 PM »
here's hoping that the new fanbase will encourage Hasbro to expand MLPs market reach.  ^_^

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
Hmmmm....personally for me the fan base it has has worked to bring us a wonderful toy line for 30 years so I am happy for it to continue with that same focus - MLP has a target market of little girls which brings us pastel colours, brushable hair and light & innocent characters - that works for me and personally for that reason I hope it stays that way :) But thats just a personal opinion and I ll admit a few new characters would be nice.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »
yeah new character brushables is all I want.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »
You all know how much I want new characters but I do see marketing wisdom in keeping the mane 6 available for new fans of the show and little girls. I am also glad they are making a LOT of them so I don't have to feel bad about customizing them XD.

HOWEVER. I think that whenever I go to the pony section of TRU or Target or wherever, that I should see stock of half mane 6 and half other characters. I think they would make younger/newer fans happy while helping the collectors and new fans stay interested and excited. Best of both worlds. Also, mane 6 in new poses (and not just with a blinking saddle) would make everyone happy too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal