collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies You LOVE in Poses You Hate..?  (Read 1798 times)

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
Re: Ponies You LOVE in Poses You Hate..?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »
Moondancer has a gorgeous design, but I'd prefer her in Glory or Gusty's pose. It would do her so much more justice. That being said, the pose certainly won't put me off buying her. ;)
Sunbeam would look better in Powder or Mimic's pose, admiring the sky.
Ooo, & I think TE Skyrocket would look stunning in Posey or Truly's pose.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 02:32:58 PM »
Sky Rocket and Moondancer just look unfortunate. They could be so pretty and feminine and they just... don't. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
Sky Rocket and Moondancer just look unfortunate. They could be so pretty and feminine and they just... don't. :(

My glitter Sky Rocket is, in my pony world, a male pony. He wears a pony naut outfit and traveled to space where he fell in love with the alien pony, TE Galaxy :P

There's a way around his unfemininity :P
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 03:19:03 PM »
The only G1 pose I actively hate is the Tootsie pose.  It really doesn't work for me.  I would absolutely *love* to see Rosette in another pose(any other pose...).  She's such a beautiful pony, but that pose just kills it for me.  My favorite pose is Bowtie's shy pose, and it would suit Rosette perfectly.

I'm not the biggest fan of Moondancer's pose either, but I like it a lot more than Tootsie's!

Offline RobynGraves

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »
I'm jumping on the Tootsie pose hate train! I think she really could be one of my favorite ponies if only she was in the shy pose or Tic Tac Toe's pose! Love that one!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my avatar and Nence for my sig!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 08:21:22 PM »
I'm not fond of the Tootsie pose but Raincurl was a childhood pony so I have a special fondness for her.  :)

I'm also not a fan of the Firefly pose but Medley us such a pretty pony.  I like Peppermint Crunch too.

Weirdly, I don't mind either the Moondancer or Shady poses.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 08:30:24 PM »
Definitely Princess Tiffany!  I LOVE her, but I do NOT care for the Locket pose at all.   :(   

Also, poor Moondancer, I also dislike her pose.  I think she would look better in just about any other pose, poor girl.

For me it is probably a tie between G1 and G3 for best poses.  They both have poses that I really like and it is too hard to choose!   :biggrin:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 09:03:06 PM »
I like the Moondancer pose on the display side . . . maybe partially it's from nostalgia, but I just like how Moondancer and Sunbeam look in that pose.  The later pony in that pose (the pink candy cane hair one) just looks plain terrible!

To me, the big butt pose is the Taffy pose.  Crumpet's pose from that year is much better.

I would love to see Powder in Gusty's pose--I think she is pretty as is, but I remember from childhood that the looking-up pose is a bust if you want to play with the ponies.  Plus I think the Gusty pose is just a very pretty unicorn pose, and Powder has gorgeous colors.

Gingerbread in any other pose b/c the Shady pose is my least favorite by far!  Plus I'm not a fan of the twinkle eyes so I'd love to see her with normal eyes.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 02:50:51 AM »
I like the Tootsie pose. Mainly 'cause one of my first childhood ponies was Merriweather, and I think it looks adorable. :)

Something looks "off" about the Moondancer pose. I've never owned any ponies in that pose.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

moomargh

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 03:05:37 AM »
When I first got into ponies, I used to dislike Tootsie-pose for some reason. There was a point where all the ponies I was getting were in that pose, Cherries jubilee, Raincurl, Molasses, Play-time.. Maybe it was just a bad timing but Tootsie-posed ponies were haunting me lol.
Nowadays I don't dislike it anymore though, I think Cherries Jubilee is absolutely beautiful in that pose (not to mention Lickety Split Argie variations!!). But still if I could change some pony from Tootsie pose, it would be Merriweather, and also Sweet Suds. I think Merri's prettiness with all those symbols is lost with that pose. I'd like to see if Sugarberry or some other pose would work on her. And Sweet Suds just looks like a pink hippo.  :P

(Was just looking at the year six TAFs and I think Bonnie Bonnets is the only pony in Shy pose that just doesn't fit! I absolutely love that pose and there's sooo many pretty ponies in that pose. But not sure what it is with Bonnie Bonnets, maybe the symbols and the pose. She looks grandmaish. All the other TAFs are so young and pretty! Poor Bonnets.)  :)

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »
For years and years I hated the Shady pose so much that I wouldn't have any pony in that pose in my collection. Which was a shame because I was missing some beautiful ponies like Gingerbread and Scrumptious. Then suddenly one day I realized I'd stopped hating that pose for some reason.

Elf

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 10:36:41 PM »
Moondancer and broken neck pose for me.

I can never see what all the dislike is over the donkey pose? Looks pretty cute to me :p

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 01:19:21 AM »
I also used to hate the Tootsie pose. I don't mine it so much now, but it's still not my favorite. I think what broke me was acquiring UK Snowflake, though I think she would be much prettier in the Posey pose. I'd also put Sweet Suds in the shy pose.

I think if there's one pose that I actively dislike, it's the Sugarberry pose, though there are some ponies in that pose that I do like. I had a dream once that I found a Dream Beauty with Sugarberry's symbols at a thrift store, and I think that would be really pretty for her! There's also Tootie Tails... she'd be pretty cute in the collector's pose, I think. :)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 01:30:22 AM »
Yeahhh, the Donkey Pose is a big no-no for me. I don't appreciate it when my ponies look like they scream at me. Toboggan, Dainty Daisy, Flutterbutter are all ponies I think look really nice but the pose is killing it for me. They look like the vet is putting an arm in... >_<

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 05:49:53 AM »
I actually like all of the g1 poses, but I remember the Gingerbread pose being my least favorite as a kid.  I think a sparkle Sky Rocket in Posey's Pose would look cool!

For G3, I like mail order Sunshimmer, but don't much care for her pose.  I would love to see her in Gem Blossom's pose. 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal