collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Underated ponies  (Read 1203 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: Underated ponies
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »
I may be looking at this more from the brony angle rather than the whole fanbase angle...

Celestia: due to the Celestia meme being used so much it's taken as fact rather than more logical explanations.

Cadance: Viewed as a Mary Sue despite not having any of the stereotypes of being one that I can see. (I feel the term is overused, and exaggerated anyway, but here it really seems to come out of nowhere).

Flash Sentry: Because apparently some bronies can't tell the difference between fanon and canon.  I'm perfectly fine if they want to ship Twilight with someone else, including their OCs (and actually support it), but it shouldn't affect the show, and the show shouldn't effect fanon.  I haven't seen Equestria Girls, but I like the design of the new ponies, and feel the reaction to his appearance on FIM was over the top.

In away all the ponies from generations before FIM are underrated if you look at it from just the brony angle, especially G3 and G3.5  as most of the things that bronies like about the G4 cast is present in the previous gens. 

G3 Rainbow Dash: I actually find her very likeable and her "darling" catchphrase to be more endearing than annoying.  I also feel that G4 Rainbow Dash would actually be okay with her, and I think some brony haters (haters that are bronies, not haters of bronies) have confused her with G3.5 Rainbow Dash (nothing wrong with her, just the things they complain about goes with G3.5 Dash, not G3 Dash)

Beddy Bye Eye Ponies: Seriously, I don't find them scary at all.

G4 Applejack: The whole "background pony" thing.

Not sure if G4 Rarity is that underrated, but I've seen people say she is, and I personally find her an excellent character.

I know one G4 character who is really underrated (in my mind unfairly hated) and it actually annoys me at times, but he's a rabbit not a pony, so I guess he doesn't count...

I know I mostly looked at it from the brony angle, but I don't really know whose unpopular for the whole fans yet, if that makes sense.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »
This thread is a great idea. :)

For me, it's Baby Frosting. I just love her!

I like Frosting, too, partly because in my childhood herd he was a boy. We called him Frost. He was always embarrassed about the birthday cakes on his rump. To this day he's one of the BBEs I like.

I think Floater and Cocoberry are really beautiful :) I also think Sugar Apple is stunning and I don't hear too much about her :)

I like Floater quite a lot, too. Yeah, I would like a Sugar Apple but haven't found one yet; I like her blue color.

G3,5. Especially Newborn Cuties. I love those little fellas!

I didn't think I liked G3.5 at all, but I was given a newborn Pinkie Pie. And she is growing on me!

Agreeing with the EQG girls and Masquerade! I'm also gonna put G1 Sundance here, as she's such a lovely pony in my opinion but so common nearly nobody pays attention to her :(

Yes! Sundance! So beautiful, if you can find one in good condition.

On that note, I agree about Bonnie Bonnets. She seems to be the only pony from the second set of TAFs that gets no love. :( But she's so cute! I like the daisy on her nose, her magenta color, and of course her hats. She was my first TAF pony. I call her my hat buddy. :lovey:

Yeah, I want a Bonnie Bonnets pretty badly. So cute.

I think Peachy gets a bad rap sometimes just because people think that she's super common.  I didn't think I liked Peachy until I eventually found one!  Took me a while to get my hands on the super common pony lol.

Yeah, if you get one in nice condition, she's pretty.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »
Baby frosting is high up on my list as well. I adore BBEs and to get a green BBE is just awesome.

Party Time is another one I love that I don't feel gets enough love, along with Masquerade, and Precious pocket Bunny Hop (which I just learned this week is suppose to have PINK hair too, I kinda like her white...)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »
 Cocoberry  is a lovely pony I have her German version.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
Twilight Pink  :lookround: and all of the other G3s except for Minty, Pinkie Pie, Wysteria, and Rainbow Dash
 Galaxy (i'm pretty sure there's more G1s... She's just my only one so I go with her ^^;

G4 Rarity  -_- don't get me started... She may be apart of the Mane 6, but geez, can a unicorn get alittle more love?  :huh:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

diamondshy

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »
I'll also say G2!
It was my friend who had the huge G1 collection and I got G2 Berry Bright as my first one when I finally asked.  I was surprised she looked so different (I had no idea about the whole "gen" thing then) but I loved her so much more than any of my friends', her style was just so much cooler to me!  I can see why a lot of people might not care for them even now, but ever since I was little they had the better style.   :P

There are also some EQGs that I've liked, though I haven't gotten any yet, and some of the G3.5 minis are growing on me, despite how the rest of the line still weirds me out.  XD

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 10:47:06 PM »
I love Tickle and Speedy personally, but don't really see them brought up much. I love Tickle's pretty lilac color and feather symbol mixed with the pastel of the rainbow hair, and Speedy is a very unique color (like a salmon/orange/pink). Speedy is actually my favorite TE, and Tickle is my favorite rainbow haired pony :)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 06:15:26 AM »
I'm with you guys on Cocoberry! I had her as a child and she's SO beautiful. :D Also Springy, the colorswirl pony. She's so pretty in person!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 06:22:37 AM »
Ooh, and I forgot about TAF Sundance :) I didn't think much of her til I got her in a lot and she's just gorgeous! She's an overlooked TAF pony, but one of my favorites.
My Wish List

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 06:37:14 AM »
G4 Applejack. All the time I see people talk about her it's about how boring she is and... I just don't see it. I think Fluttershy is a much more boring character. And Pinkie Pie (least imaginative color scheme, least interesting element and so in-your-face quirky and 4th wall breaking that it becomes tedious).

Toy-wise, I have to say it's the Sundae Best ponies. All of them. I was surprised they weren't amongst the HTF G1ers, seriously. They have appealing poses and colors, they have 3D symbols that work very well and they smell... so... good. My childhood love and one of the two sets I just had to complete :lol:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »
This thread is a great idea. :)

For me, it's Baby Frosting. I just love her!

I like Frosting, too, partly because in my childhood herd he was a boy. We called him Frost. He was always embarrassed about the birthday cakes on his rump. To this day he's one of the BBEs I like.

I can never quite decide if frosting is a boy or a girl - I go both ways, haha.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
I think Floater and Cocoberry are really beautiful :) I also think Sugar Apple is stunning and I don't hear too much about her :)
I love sugar apple

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

I like Sugar Apple too!

I also love all the Rockin' Beat ponies. They are just so obnoxiously 80s I can't resist them.
I love the Rockin' Beat set too, they're so over the top and have radioactive colors!  Also, being the G3 fan that I am, I wish that the G3 Sparkle Pony set got more attention! (who would have guessed?)
I love their colors and the blaze of glitter on their foreheads.  I also think opalescent tinsel is very pretty, even if not all of them had it.  Just look at Denim Blue, just look at her.

My Little Wiki makes me wish I had more expendable cash...

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »
Scrumptious and SKippity Doo!  The only reason I ever think of them is if I am looking at my collection or have one for sale.  They are so pretty, yet so often overlooked!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 02:06:39 PM »
Just look at Denim Blue, just look at her.

She is beautiful.  ^.^
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
Just look at Denim Blue, just look at her.

She is beautiful.  ^.^
I've loved her ever since I bought her! :lovey:

Gonna say quick that I agree with everyone who said G2s, they're my childhood generation and I love them so.

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal