collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G4 heads: Anybody know what is going on with these?  (Read 4323 times)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
New G4 heads: Anybody know what is going on with these?
« on: September 10, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »
What is going on with the new heads? They are fatter, and they have lines running from the ears to the forehead. They're clearly meant to look the same (not a new pose). So what is the change?

I know you have all noticed this too. Between my Sunset Shimmer and my Chrysalis pack, all the normal-sized ponies have these new, cheap-looking heads. Cadence got a new molded head too!

Does anyone have any ideas why they made this change? The new heads look more like fakie heads than Hasbro heads. And the plastic they are made out of looks cheaper too. It's making the newer ponies hard-to-love. . .

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New G4 heads: Anybody know what is going on with these?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »
Err, pretty sure the only difference in the plastic is that it matches the body plastic now so less mismatch issues. I don't prefer it, but it's not terrible.

It seems a bit insulting to see official G4 things referred to as 'fakie-like' and real fakies being praised and sought after...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
From customizing experience, the new heads are easier to pull off and put back on. They barely look different to me. If I didn't spend so much time looking at them, I don't think I'd even have noticed a difference.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »
I did for a while think it may be to tighten up on the colour difference but some of the recent releases are disproving that theory.

I would imagine there is nothing more behind it than it being a cheaper manufacture option or a more efficient manufacture process. Or even a move to a different factory/supplier.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 02:11:59 PM »
i really like the new head shape but not the nasty lines, but some are worse then the others. i gota say my new lyra is so much nicer looking then my old lyra. i just got in the new lyrica and she had minimal lines on her head but her body was terribly lined :( i will have to try and buff it back or something but she might be a factory era being like that.
however all mine so far have a lovely matching head body thing going on :lol: yay

btw i thought that new cadance was changed too, good to know for sure now.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »
Not the heads, but has anyone noticed that some G4s have a broader stance? Their front and back legs are set farther apart. I really notice this with glittery Pinkie Pie.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »
i will have to look see for that diff. in mine.

a little of topic with the brushables but with my FS glittery rainbowdash she seems thinner and a little taller then my other dash

wanted list
for trade

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 03:32:56 PM »

It seems a bit insulting to see official G4 things referred to as 'fakie-like' and real fakies being praised and sought after...

How is it insulting? if the fakies have better quality than the Hasbro releases, why shouldn't they be more sought after? :P
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »

How is it insulting? if the fakies have better quality than the Hasbro releases, why shouldn't they be more sought after? :P
totally agree

wanted list
for trade

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 05:07:47 PM »
But... They don't... Urgh... Whatever...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 05:09:32 PM »
i really like the new head shape but not the nasty lines, but some are worse then the others. i gota say my new lyra is so much nicer looking then my old lyra.

WHAT?! I was thinking exactly the opposite, as in, "What am I going to do with this ugly new Lyra?!" The head/body mismatches didn't ever stand out much to me. But the fatness of the new heads drives me crazy!

Let's all post pics! That's always fun!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 05:35:38 PM »

Aww heck, I'll bite. I need a good excuse to play with my new bakery anyway. Time for some five minute photography.

I'm guessing Mrs. Cake has the new head you're talking about, since I noticed some seams on the side of her face and ears my older G4s don't have, and her nose and cheeks are a bit wider than the others. Seams aside, the new head doesn't bother me much. She doesn't look all that different at a glance and the hat totally makes up for it anyway. :)

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 05:52:14 PM »

Aww heck, I'll bite. I need a good excuse to play with my new bakery anyway. Time for some five minute photography.

I'm guessing Mrs. Cake has the new head you're talking about, since I noticed some seams on the side of her face and ears my older G4s don't have, and her nose and cheeks are a bit wider than the others. Seams aside, the new head doesn't bother me much. She doesn't look all that different at a glance and the hat totally makes up for it anyway. :)

Hooray!!! How's the quality of her hair?

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »
It feels very slightly coarser than the others, but that's probably because she hasn't been spa'd and styled yet. Minty's hair was a bit coarse too before I conditioned it but now it's soft as silk. I did notice some strands of hair coming from Mrs. Cake's neck hole when I examined her though. Some things never change. >_<

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »
Thank goodness.  I thought that I was the only one who noticed this.  I collect miniature plastic figures for a table top war game and they often have the same seem problem.  We tend to use a metal file and were able to smooth it our really well.  Not sure if it will work on ponies.  I would suggest trying in an inconspicuous spot.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal