collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone DONE with collecting?  (Read 2768 times)

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is anyone DONE with collecting?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »
Me? As long as they keep making g4's, possibly never! :D Lately I feel like I am at the climax of my collection, now that I have $ and all these new ponies are popping up, my collection grows! I have a lot of goals to accomplish in G4 collecting.... I want to collect all the brushables-including the awesome prototypes,  all blindbags/mini figures, all build-a-bear plushes, all released funkos, all enterplay cards, all 11 inch funrise plushies, and possibly playsets after that but we will see! Lots to collect, an amazing pony hunting journy ahead awaits me!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 12:39:33 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Chinabun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2013, 01:29:27 AM »
Oh, we just started and I change goals every day.. Ill keep at it for a long time I think. But not as intense as these last few weeks though.. Id be ruined! :p

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 03:36:07 AM »
Sort of.
I'm done with collecting G2 ponies (because I have them all) and only looking for merchandise or accessories I don't have yet.
For the G3's too, I have around 40 of them or so... only Pepperberry and I'm done.
G1 still quite a few, but most of them are nirvana's and htf >.>
G4 is still being made, so I'm still collecting those.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 04:06:48 AM »
I keep finding new things to add to my want list. I'll see something in person that I didn't like in pictures and it's so awesome I must have it. Or I'll learn about something I've never even heard of. It'll be a long long time before I have all the ponies on my wishlist, but even once I do, there's always customs!

That's more or less what I'm like. My wish list keeps growing, often when I see a pony in person or a really good picture. Sometimes the hairstyle makes all the difference. I also do most of my shopping once a year at the Fair, so that slows me down a bit. And I've recently gotten into collecting Nirvanas so...

Elf

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2013, 04:31:08 AM »
I'm almost done with G3s. No I don't have the whole set, I don't collect that way. :P I do however have some faves that I must own.

I own all the g3s I want except for Snowdrop Swirl, Rainbow Bubbles and Beach Belle.

I own February Birthflower, MIB pumpkin Tart, Carribean Delight, Anchors Away, Whistle Wishes, Applejack with her picnic accessories, Shenanigans and MIP Love Wishes. Small collection of G3s but the only ones I want :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »
I think I remember hearing that there had been a very small handful of collectors who had every known at the time G1. I want to say the Delaneys fell into that category but one of the older members would know way more than I do. :)

Nah they didn't, they just had an impressive collection. If you are talking about just the US releases, maybe, but even then, I didn't think they had all the factory oddities. I knoew Helen Kiker had a pretty comprehensive collection too, and she was good friends with the Delaneys.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »
I think I remember hearing that there had been a very small handful of collectors who had every known at the time G1. I want to say the Delaneys fell into that category but one of the older members would know way more than I do. :)

Nah they didn't, they just had an impressive collection. If you are talking about just the US releases, maybe, but even then, I didn't think they had all the factory oddities. I knoew Helen Kiker had a pretty comprehensive collection too, and she was good friends with the Delaneys.

They bought all of Helen's collection too, when she passed, right? Who knows how many they have now!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »
Goodness no. I still have three more brushables to go, then I'll be tracking in-store releases and hunting down wave 1, 2, 3, and 5 blind bags, all with cards--not to mention any prototypes that have popped up. And that's just G4!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »
It comes and go with me and collecting. I was hot and heavy the last few months. And now I have not bought a pony for over 3 weeks now. Guess its cause I have to have some work done on my car and the money needs to go there. I really do not have a big wish list right now. I have everything that I want that is out right now.

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2013, 08:18:02 PM »

They bought all of Helen's collection too, when she passed, right? Who knows how many they have now!

Nah I think the Delaney's sold their collection first. They helped Helen liquidate her stuff later me think.

As for collecting, I am not active anymore. As in I don't go all the way out to search, hunt and buy ponies, but I still pick up the occassional one I like when I conveniently run into one while shopping, or dig out crap at the thrift store. Still very rewarding, so don't feel bad for me. :)

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2013, 08:47:27 PM »
Well, as I mentioned before, I'm more or less done with collecting.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2013, 11:30:58 PM »
my goal is to aquire every italian CP pony variant but i only want to spend the maximum of 50eur for each of them. so i will wait and see if i can find them on fleamarkets or in newspaper ads :D
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2013, 11:39:54 PM »
I could never be done with collecting. Honestly.

I AM finished with the Non Mail Order US collection. But now I look for even nicer ones and upgrades to them.
I also look for their accessories.
I collect G2s, G3s and G4s...
I look for merch which seems endless, G1 especially.

There's just no way I could see myself being "done", which is what I love about it. I'll accomplish small goals (like finishing off the NonMail Order US ponies) but, there is no way I could ever be done. :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2013, 05:12:40 PM »
I don't think I'll be done until G4 is over.  I see myself slowing down a bit though/getting more picky. I'm just getting to a point where I don't necessarily feel I need every new thing. :P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:20:51 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »
accomplish small goals (like finishing off the NonMail Order US ponies)

Lol! I love how this is a "small" goal :P Hehe!
I can't wait 'till you're able to display your whole collection sunshine, that will be something epic to look at!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal