collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A G1 Animation Project  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: A G1 Animation Project
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
I'll have to find out how to ask.  I also need to figure out how to send them scripts and concept art since I've heard they're more receptive if you have those to show.

Speaking of concept art, we're close to finishing the first vectors of the main characters.  I'll see if I can get the artists to put them up.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

berylliumpone

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 06:47:05 PM »
I know this sounds really dumb--but I think the only way to keep it safe legally is for it to be used for educational purposes. Double Rainboom is doing their project as a senior film, and they got permission from Hasbro.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
I am of two minds . . . On the one hand, I think keeping on the low-down might be a good idea.   "Fighting Is Magic" didn't get shut down UNTIL they put it in EVO (the big fighting game convention).   In my opinion the problem for Hasbro was not that it was being made, but that it became too big to ignore.  Hasbro was certainly aware of it, as they emailed Hasbro early on asking if it was okay.  (Hasbro never replied, which they foolishly took to mean "Yes, go ahead!")

The secondary problem was that a game where ponies punch each other obviously doesn't fit with their concept of the brand (friendship, innocence, etc).

On the other hand, I understand the desire to get everything straightened out to begin with with a license, rather than spending two years on something (like Fighting Is Magic) and THEN having everything shut down.

In conclusion, I dunno!  But I think it's a great and fun idea.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 02:55:20 AM »
I know this sounds really dumb--but I think the only way to keep it safe legally is for it to be used for educational purposes. Double Rainboom is doing their project as a senior film, and they got permission from Hasbro.
I don't think I could get away with calling this educational.

However, I do want to write for Hasbro Studios, and I'm the head writer of this project.  Maybe I could frame this as an audition.

I'm making a pdf of character profiles.  These will be brief descriptions of the characters along with a sample line.  I have the six main characters done so far.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 04:15:15 AM »
Well, we have vectors of the six main characters done.  However, the vector artists want to make a group picture for public release.  I've also made a PDF file of character profiles with sample lines.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B60i6pK795HEVURIX00tQUVQOGM/edit?usp=sharing

Right now it's just the six characters.  I'll add more soon.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 04:59:26 AM »
I'm always up for voice acting!  As soon as you have some more details (audition lines etc.), I'd love to give this a go. :)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 05:07:33 AM »
i am an animator but i use after effects for it. no experience with flash animation.
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 05:26:16 AM »
I'm always up for voice acting!  As soon as you have some more details (audition lines etc.), I'd love to give this a go. :)
The link in my post above is a PDF file with character sheets including audition lines.

Offline SwiftStar84

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 06:05:01 AM »
 Honestly the best thing you can do is put a disclaimer either on the webpage or at the beginning of the episode stating that "This is a parody." That way you don't have to get permission from Hasbro and Hasbro then can not legally touch you. In other news if you need more Male VA's I'm interested.
PROUD MY LITTLE PONY DADDY! I LOVE ALL GENS OF MLP!
Seeking Mia and Me Unicorns(the big ones) and Fantasy Filly Princess Kayla and Shayna!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

NumiTuziNeru

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 06:18:07 AM »
Ooooooo. Might consider doing some VA stuff for fun, hmm.

Well. So long as you don't mint British accents. On account of. Y'know.

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 06:47:40 AM »
Sounds great, is there an email where we should send our recordings to you? :)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
I can be reached at [email protected]

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 03:45:22 PM »
Honestly the best thing you can do is put a disclaimer either on the webpage or at the beginning of the episode stating that "This is a parody." That way you don't have to get permission from Hasbro and Hasbro then can not legally touch you. In other news if you need more Male VA's I'm interested.

Not really unfortunately. Companies will still go after parodies and satires even if they are trying to use fair use as a justification. So doing that doesn't protect you from the legalities involved - it has to be a parody in order to be protected and even then not 100% guaranteed. 

Also a parody is clearly defined as poking fun or criticising something - that is not something I think this project could claim to be doing. Also a parody has to be based on something this is a new and unique entity not a reflection of an existing project.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »
Ooooooo. Might consider doing some VA stuff for fun, hmm.

Well. So long as you don't mint British accents. On account of. Y'know.
This is my answer too :P

Except I also have the problem of sounding more like a guy most of the time. Oops.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 06:17:29 PM »
There will be more stallions in this.  And we'll need a voice for Spike and some colts.  So, we will need male or at least masculine voices.  Gusty is also a major tomboyish, so if she sounds a little masculine, it would be power for the course.

As for accents.  North Star will have a British accent like in the original.  We might be able to work with some other accents.  Send us your auditions and we'll see how they fit.

And for hopeful VA's, there is a character profile that I'm filling in.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B60i6pK795HEVURIX00tQUVQOGM/edit?usp=sharing
Right now there are profiles and sample lines for Wind Whistler, Fizzy, Tootsie, Gusty, Shady, Flutterbye, and Majesty as well as stallions Hurricane and Monsoon.  Profiles for Little Ribbon, Little Heart Throb, Little Sundance, Little Lickety-Split, Sundance, Heart Throb, Sparky, and the Williams (Megan's family) are coming soon.  Check them out and send us your samples.  Original samples are also welcome as we fill more minor roles.

We're looking for an older sounding woman for Majesty who can speak with gravitas.  Monsoon is also an older character.  King Charlatan will be the main antagonist of this first adventure, so we also need a voice for him.  We know these will be harder roles to cast because of this.

I'm contemplating writing profiles for Magic Star, Galaxy, Spike, and Hydia and her daughters.  They're more minor characters, but still important.  Firefly, Surprise, Sparkler, and Twilight will also be making cameos.

As for calling this parody, this is not parody by any stretch of the imagination.  Getting permission is the only 100% way to avoid trouble.  Maybe if we could get support from the show staff and actually use it to gain favor with Hasbro's legal and My Little Pony departments.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal