collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disapointed in DJ pony  (Read 3465 times)

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Disapointed in DJ pony
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »
*swoops into thread* I will never miss an opportunity to complain about this pony! >.<

DJ is one of my favorite background characters from the show, and it's a total shame that Hasbro went such a cheap route on this toy... in what was supposed to be a special collector's set made specifically for the fans!

I have NEVER in all my years of wandering the toy aisles found a toy that specifically was painted to totally ignore the premade mold lines. That just speaks of laziness on the part of the company and cutting corners, and is a snub to the collectors, implying we will buy just anything as long as it says 'My Little Pony' on it, never mind the quality.

And this isn't the only time Hasbro has done it. The FS Shining Armor uses the same head mold as Rarity, etc so the 'male' eyes are painted over the female eye spots, and they don't even fit!

Also the new crystal blind bags have eyes that are half-closed or a different shape than usual, so they don't match up with the eye holes made into the molds, either!

Gaaaaaaah Hasbro you are so lazy. It bugs me like crazy! Either make a new head mold, or choose a character that doesn't need special eyes that don't fit the eye sockets you already have! >.<

Sincerely, your truly irate fan
This sums up my thought very well. Many people adore Vinyl Scratch, and Hasbro could of been a little more good with quality since it is a popular pony.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »
Fashion Style ponies have no eye indents...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »
I agree the painted glasses/superimposed on eye-spots that don't line up was a major FAIL by Hasbro.   I guess they didn't want to fork over the .2 extra production cost for removable glasses...   

I am also very disappointed that the FS Shining Armor has the same body and face mold as Rarity- especially when the cartoons show very different face structures between the boys and the girls...

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 10:12:37 AM »

I could be remembering wrong but I saw a FS Shining Armor online and the photo showed a clear oval circle indent in the eye position, while SA's eye paint was nowhere close to oval in shape, so it looked very awkward. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Post Merge: November 20, 2012, 10:16:54 AM

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is the best I could find. Kinda hard to make out and you'll need to full-view to see it, but you can see there's a circular eye shape that doesn't match up with SA's paint.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:16:54 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »
I agree that the stamped on glasses which don't even fit her eye indents were a letdown. I understand that it wasn't likely for us to get removable glasses because of cost, but Hasbro could have at least adjusted the shape/positioning of the shades a bit so they fit her face.

Here is a modified version I made which has removable shades and painted eyes next to the factory original, just for fun.  :)

WOW so want, that looks 100% better, well done. makes grabby hands. i wish i was talented enough to do that with mine

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 10:45:58 AM »
They do have the eye indents, I can see them on my FS ponies but because the painted eye shapes fit the indents they are harder to see
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

BerryPunch

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 10:49:55 AM »

I could be remembering wrong but I saw a FS Shining Armor online and the photo showed a clear oval circle indent in the eye position, while SA's eye paint was nowhere close to oval in shape, so it looked very awkward. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Post Merge: November 20, 2012, 10:16:54 AM

This is the best I could find. Kinda hard to make out and you'll need to full-view to see it, but you can see there's a circular eye shape that doesn't match up with SA's paint.
I see it  >_< I just noticed that the mini Luna from Target has indents, and it makes her look kinda sleepy XD

Honey Bunches

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:26 AM »
It's such a shame! I'm sorry that you're so disappointed.
I agree that she's adorable, though!   ;)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 03:21:43 PM »
Awww- those removable shades are adorable!!!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »
Honestly, I wish they would be more considerate with how they do the eyes for the ponies. There are some that i have that just plain bother me but DJ takes the cake on the list.

If they ever do rerelease DJ (I doubt it but you never know) I hope they do something different with the shades :|

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 07:57:37 AM »
They don't truly have indents, try feeling the face of one compared to a regular size brushable. Smooth and flat. :/
The cheek below the eye is NOT an ;indent' it's just a cheek...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »
Hmm well I don't collect the FS so I can't say personally, but the picture is pretty clear, to me. And I recall seeing the box in the store and seeing how the paint on SA's eyes didn't match up with the shape of the eye.

Regardless, the point is that many times Hasbro takes shortcuts and uses a head mold that doesn't really match with the paint job they choose for the character, which is cheap and tacky to do, VERY obvious for both collectors and kids who like to play with the toys, and just a general snub to those of us who care about the quality of our collections.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:25 AM »
They don't truly have indents, try feeling the face of one compared to a regular size brushable. Smooth and flat. :/
The cheek below the eye is NOT an ;indent' it's just a cheek...
Methinks I need to get a bait FS and have a better look at it

ZettaMomo

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2012, 08:47:38 AM »
It is pretty disappointing to see her glasses aren't removable.
DJ was the main reason I wanted the set because I think she is such a cool background pony, but I don't think I will be buying it now because of that. It just looks so... weird.

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »
You can't just look at a picture! You HAVE to touch it! It only lines up wrong with the cheek!
I doesn't even bother me.
You don;t even need a bait, just FEEL the eyes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal